Cheers to the New Sith Order

Heyman

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ivan's made 3 Alliances.

New Pacifica Order- Top Alliance in game

New Polar Order- Sanctioned Alliance (Perhaps the fastest growing sanctioned alliance)

New Sith Order- 1.5 Million NS and Rising within 3 days.

The first two he led into destruction (GWI) then promptly resigned afterwards.

The Polar Order he led for an incredibly short period of time. And has been successful entirely on the merits of other leaders (The majority of which who were ex NAAC, I might add)

New Sith Order. This alliance has ballooned entirely due to a terminally bored population, coupled with Ivan's massive personality cult.

I find it amusing that so many here would seek to speak on behalf of the New Pacific Order without the authority to do so.

It isnt that they're speaking for NPO, only they know how NPO's elite feel about you behind closed doors.

The Polar Order he led for an incredibly short period of time. And has been successful entirely on the merits of other leaders (The majority of which who were ex NAAC, I might add)

New Sith Order. This alliance has ballooned entirely due to a terminally bored population, coupled with Ivan's massive personality cult.

That's funny, I don't remember being destroyed after the Great Patriotic War. I do remember how Pacifica was the top alliance again only a few weeks after the war had ended though. People say many different things about that war, but I consider it Pacificas finest hour, and it was Moldavi that led us through it.

That being said, I don't know who you think you are criticizing Ivan Moldavi. Go ahead and keep commenting as you are though. Don't let me stop you.

I find it amusing that so many here would seek to speak on behalf of the New Pacific Order without the authority to do so.

The amusing part is that they would feel as though they had to. I remember a time when there was no question where Pacifica stood on any issue.

The majority of Polar emperors are ex-NPO, actually. Ivan, Tyga, and yours truly were Pacificans. Assy and Grubby were vile NAAC scum before being rehabilitated in Comrade Sponge's gulagsreeducation camps. In addition, most of the Polar ministers have either been home-grown or have come from NPO. Most NAAC members would have quit before joining Polar, and I would have quit before having them in my alliance. I realize the point of what you said there was to downplay Ivan's influence in Polar - and honestly he wasn't all that influential there after he turned leadership over to Tyga - but to base it on some sort of previously unacknowledged NAAC influence is sort of silly.

That's funny, I don't remember being destroyed after the Great Patriotic War. I do remember how Pacifica was the top alliance again only a few weeks after the war had ended though. People say many different things about that war, but I consider it Pacificas finest hour, and it was Moldavi that led us through it.

That being said, I don't know who you think you are criticizing Ivan Moldavi. Go ahead and keep commenting as you are though. Don't let me stop you.

The only thing that was destroyed in the Great Patriotic War was the likelihood of the LUEnited Nations reaching its first anniversary.

I think Ivan Moldavi is a good leader, period. I don't think he is a god among men, or a messiah to be worshiped and adored. And he, like all men (myself included) should be critiqued and evaluated fairly.

He (Like anyone else) is falliable.

The majority of Polar emperors are ex-NPO, actually. Ivan, Tyga, and yours truly were Pacificans. Assy and Grubby were vile NAAC scum before being rehabilitated in Comrade Sponge's gulagsreeducation camps. In addition, most of the Polar ministers have either been home-grown or have come from NPO. Most NAAC members would have quit before joining Polar, and I would have quit before having them in my alliance. I realize the point of what you said there was to downplay Ivan's influence in Polar - and honestly he wasn't all that influential there after he turned leadership over to Tyga - but to base it on some sort of previously unacknowledged NAAC influence is sort of silly.

When I said "majority" I meant the "Majority of time." Poor wording on my part.

But you're right. I wasn't trying to pin their accomplishments on some sort of NAAC influence, I believe they are incredible leaders based solely on their own merit. The NAAC comment was meant to be nothing more than an interesting tidbit.

I think the Polar Order has succeeded (twice, now:P) entirely due to it's self, not because of the Pacific Order, and not because of external influence.

It isnt that they're speaking for NPO, only they know how NPO's elite feel about you behind closed doors.

Care to elaborate on this? I get along well with most of the IOs. The only ones I ever had a problem with were those that continued to hold onto position out of a sense of entitlement instead of merit and several of them have moved on since my time there. Plus everyone disagrees some of the time.

Specifics would be nice, either here or via PM if you don't mind. I would find it entertaining to say the least if some people were reluctant to say a thing to my face that they would say behind closed doors. Timidness isn't a trait of any "elite" that I am aware of.

Perhaps you are mistaken and my old friends in Pacifica are not as harsh as you suggest. I certainly hope you are incorrect. I prefer to continue seeing the New Pacific Order as an honorable alliance led by honorable people, as I always have.

Regardless, I have provided no reason or cause for alarm. I am merely attempting a third option in a dichotomy driven world. My resources are limited, especially in comparison to the major blocks. I am sure the NPO hasn't bothered to dignify my pitiful band with anything like contempt. The Pacific doesn't know fear so giving me such attention would run counter to everything it stands for. I remain confident in the Emperor.

Edited by Ivan Moldavi

Regardless, I have provided no reason or cause for alarm. I am merely attempting a third option in a dichotomy driven world. My resources are limited, especially in comparison to the major blocks. I am sure the NPO hasn't bothered to dignify my pitiful band with anything like contempt. The Pacific doesn't know fear so giving me such attention would run counter to everything it stands for. I remain confident in the Emperor.

Virillus, that should prove to you Moldavi can play a diplomat as well. This is something you expect someone to say in public. It is my humble opinion that Moldavi is very much aware of the dangers he faces, particularly from his "old friends".

Virillus, that should prove to you Moldavi can play a diplomat as well. This is something you expect someone to say in public. It is my humble opinion that Moldavi is very much aware of the dangers he faces, particularly from his "old friends".

Exactly this; but as a former propaganda man myself, I find it tiresome. I would be much more impressed (Though of course the goal is to build a strong alliance and enjoy yourself, not impress random idiots on the forums) If they'd come forward in the open and acknowledge that.

But do as thou wilt, NSO. I wish you luck, at least, Ivan. There are plenty of people who remember your ability; and the strength you had in the face of adversity. I pray you maintain that now, and in the coming conflict.

Edited by Margrave

So you consider losing a war "Pacificas finest hour" would you not have picked you know one of the two NPO won :huh:

So you consider losing a war "Pacificas finest hour" would you not have picked you know one of the two NPO won :huh:

I personally consider it an amazing feat that the NPO, unlike some alliances, didn't just crumble and die but rather rebuilt to where they were before in a matter of weeks.

Sidestepping the entire "loss or win or something else" debate here.....As a fellow NPO GWI Veteran, I tend to agree with Dopp on that, or that it was at least the proudest time during my time there (which included GWII but not GWIII). If you say it like "yea but you lost" then okay whatever, and maybe it's just something that you had to have experienced to understand why we could feel that way about it. You don't get to see how strong an alliance really is until you see it faced with incredible stress. GWI was certainly the most stressful conflict we were involved in, and it revealed that we were truly and certainly strong in more ways than just our numbers. So, yes, it's quite easy to be proud of that.

Sidestepping the entire "loss or win or something else" debate here.....As a fellow NPO GWI Veteran, I tend to agree with Dopp on that, or that it was at least the proudest time during my time there (which included GWII but not GWIII). If you say it like "yea but you lost" then okay whatever, and maybe it's just something that you had to have experienced to understand why we could feel that way about it. You don't get to see how strong an alliance really is until you see it faced with incredible stress. GWI was certainly the most stressful conflict we were involved in, and it revealed that we were truly and certainly strong in more ways than just our numbers. So, yes, it's quite easy to be proud of that.

This is why I miss Heft

There's nothing quite like riding to ZI with your friends and taking your enemies with you. It may not have been Pacifica's finest hour, perse, but it is one of the defining moments of the New Pacific Order, and for all who fought in it.

Speaking as a New Polar Order GW1 veteran, Polar got physically beaten pretty badly. However the act of us being beaten down, and demand for revenge it created helped to form us into a loyal, determined, and very spirited alliance. Polar benefited from the loss in the long run, and it was from this launching point that one of the most powerful and influential alliances came into its own. That's just my perspective from the NPO's only ally at the time.

I can understand that, I fought GW2 and GW3 and others minor wars but the war that I have more proud of be part of was the last one, even NpO losing the war I'm proud of fought the war being a NpO member.

But one thing is you be proud of be part of an alliance in a war other is be revisionist like I see so many people who fought Patriotic War for Orders be.

my proudest wars were GW2/3 and the UJW, even though we lost we stuck together and brought our enemies to ZI with us.

I would address this but its been done.

I am actually more curious about this boat you are supposedly on.

Well, to be frank, anyone that is in Greenland Republic are not "on a boat". That right is reserved for Nemesis and Nemesis alone.

(If you are actually curious about it thought, it is from a music video/song.

) Edited by Incitatus

Speaking as a New Polar Order GW1 veteran, Polar got physically beaten pretty badly. However the act of us being beaten down, and demand for revenge it created helped to form us into a loyal, determined, and very spirited alliance. Polar benefited from the loss in the long run, and it was from this launching point that one of the most powerful and influential alliances came into its own. That's just my perspective from the NPO's only ally at the time.

Yarly on this. GWI for the Orders were definitely a fine hour indeed. It does not matter who won or lost. Fact is, at that point in time it truly was the world vs the Orders and the Orders did not crumble or disband. They stuck together as brothers and afterwards rebuilt stronger than ever.

And as Random said, those in Polaris afterwards were battlehardened and completely loyal to one another.

I'm curious as to what dichotomy you keep referring to, Ivan. At least from an overarching point of view, the Cyberverse is more unipolar than at any other point in its history - the Orders have reconcilled, as have the majority of the powers in the most "major" war. In fact, in the case of most "major" wars, the combatants were allies or allies of allies only weeks or days before conflict even erupted. It's hard to say that in the Cyberverse right now there are two choices, and that the NSO offers a third, when there seems to be only one choice to begin with. And if NSO tries to set itself apart from that power structure, then that would make it inherently a target in any case.

Because as everyone in the Cyberverse knows, if you're not in, you're about to be curbstomped.

I'm curious as to what dichotomy you keep referring to, Ivan. At least from an overarching point of view, the Cyberverse is more unipolar than at any other point in its history - the Orders have reconcilled, as have the majority of the powers in the most "major" war. In fact, in the case of most "major" wars, the combatants were allies or allies of allies only weeks or days before conflict even erupted. It's hard to say that in the Cyberverse right now there are two choices, and that the NSO offers a third, when there seems to be only one choice to begin with. And if NSO tries to set itself apart from that power structure, then that would make it inherently a target in any case.

Because as everyone in the Cyberverse knows, if you're not in, you're about to be curbstomped.

I disagree with a great many of your assertions.

First, the dichotomy I speak of is, admittedly, more personal than political in a lot of respects. I have allies from the Great Patriotic War in both the New Pacific Order and Vox. I consider a great many of them friends, even if I currently do not agree with every policy or piece of propaganda being produced for public consumption.

In my mind there seems to be a vast difference in the politics of the Continuum, which includes the NPO but not Polar and a few other alliances of some level of import, and the open and public "rebellion" against the status quo from groups like Vox and I assume to some lesser extent FAN and the other alliances that were historic targets of the NPO. I believe the "This week in Pacifica" threads speak to that very clearly.

I have no illusions of my place in the history of the Cyberverse. I am either the best thing that ever happened to this place or the Devil himself to a great many people, to some I am both. I am aware that some would see me as a tool to use against the status quo and the "establishment" while others see me as the potential for helping solidify said establishment unto the infinite. (Which it seems to be doing just fine without me anyway, the MDP web just isn't my thing though.)

I prefer to be neither. I have expressed my opinion that the Cyberverse could stand to see something new and while I know that the very concept of change implies threat to some I believe cooler heads will prevail. To that end I have secured the word of my friend, the Emperor of the New Pacific Order, that no harm will come to the NSO while it seeks this third path and I have secured a protectorate from my very old friend, the Supreme Chancellor of the STA. I have also taken the time to visit and speak with my friends in Polar and have sought out the counsel of several historic acquaintances, both friends and former foes.

I carry the quiet confidence of a man that knows he is good at what he chooses to do but doesn't feel the need to brag about it endlessly. So no, I do not expect a curbstomp, even if I thought it a possibility as little as 72 hours ago. :)

Edited by Ivan Moldavi

Ivan,

I first must say i am one of those who hopes that your idea shakes things up a bit, CN has been stale for quite some time and needs a kick in the backside.

the NSO has been recieved with a mixed reaction that much is clear HOWEVER i do hope it succeeds and offers a 3rd choice

for those who doubt this man read your history we often read that this will fail at the first step but again his two big legacy's remain pacifica and Polaris still standing and still strong, so quit moaning and realise it for what it is.....another choice and something to make things more exiting.

perhaps it may also heal the rift that has been so long at the heart of bob or finally resolve it another way.

we await this latest chapter in the tale of Moldavi with interest, purly for your ego i want you to know i Respect greatly your contribution to Bob and im not one of those who will slam every fart you make anyway enough brownnosing

o/ moldavi

o/ planet BOB

o/ my p90 i just unlocked on COD4