Cheers to the New Sith Order

Heyman

TSO did 0 - 1.8m in minutes.

TSO already had a memberlist in place a while before it was announced. And if they weren't found out they might have had even more by the time their intended release date came.

NSO came out of think air.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TSO already had a memberlist in place a while before it was announced. And if they weren't found out they might have had even more by the time their intended release date came.

NSO came out of think air.

Not quite out of thin air. It's not like Ivan's some noob no one has ever heard of.

Some are remembered for their reputation. Some for their actions. Ivan is remembered for both. To find out why he is still praised, you need only look at the Sanctioned alliance list. Look at the top alliance and then at the 9th. The results of his actions are clearly present in both successful alliances.

The New Sith Order will be Ivan's third alliance, and by looking at the successes of the last two and massive initial growth of this current endeavor, I'd say he has some skill in alliance building.

While I don't doubt that he's skilled at it, I don't really see how NSO's growth so far proves anything about his alliance building skills. It certainly means he has a great reputation around here, but I think the test of skill will be shown in the months to come.

Also, everyone's prediction of greatness from the NSO seem like a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy. It seems to me that if the same kind of reaction were given to any new alliance with a competent government, we would see a similar burst of early growth.

While I don't doubt that he's skilled at it, I don't really see how NSO's growth so far proves anything about his alliance building skills. It certainly means he has a great reputation around here, but I think the test of skill will be shown in the months to come.

Also, everyone's prediction of greatness from the NSO seem like a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy. It seems to me that if the same kind of reaction were given to any new alliance with a competent government, we would see a similar burst of early growth.

How about the success and growth of the New Pacific Order and New Polar Order, both of which he helped found and both of which he served as their first Emperor? I would consider those to be adequate examples of his alliance building skills.

Perhaps, and just perhaps, he is more than just a 'competent leader with a competent government.' His alliance is receiving this kind of reaction because he has proven his aptitude for leadership in the past. I am not quite sure the point your trying to convey. Of course there are expectation for greatness here. Ivan has shown this world he is quite capable of influencing its political structure in a meaningful way. How many new alliances can make that claim? How many old alliances can make that claim?

Why would any other new alliance receive this kind of reaction? The reaction here has a very definable cause. This claim that the NSO's members are flocking there 'just because' is easily disproved. These members are attracted to the potential, change, and strong leadership offered by Ivan's NSO.

What would be the impetus for any new alliance to receive the attention that NSO has received? We can very easily pin-point the cause for NSO. What about these other hypothetical alliances you are suggesting?

Ivan's reputation (both the good and the bad) is well earned. The claim that events and actions in the cyberverse occur entirely at random is ill-conceived. Nothing in this world has come about from thin air. Most actions here have a definable motivation that is clear to those with some knowledge about the details surrounding an event or situation. Whether it be boredom, political ambition, thrill seeking, or anything else, there is almost always a cause for action.

----------

Congrat's guys. I see a lot of old friends have fallen to the Dark Side. Good luck. :)

His test of skill came with Pacifica and Polaris, and he passed with flying colors.

This is what I meant with my first comment. I'm not saying Ivan Moldavi doesn't have leadership skills, it's just that NSO's huge growth is directly, or even entirely attributable to his reputation around here. I'm not shocked, people want a slice of the pie, so naturally they'd jump at the chance.

This is what I meant with my first comment. I'm not saying Ivan Moldavi doesn't have leadership skills, it's just that NSO's huge growth is directly, or even entirely attributable to his reputation around here. I'm not shocked, people want a slice of the pie, so naturally they'd jump at the chance.

Or that the huge growth is attributed to people wanting to be apart of something different from the mainstream, and do it in a way in which they are surrounded by a majority their CN friends. I can say that I did not join because Ivan was leading it, I joined because many of those I call friend in CN were here and I knew I would have a blast being here because of them. We all joined for different reasons, but Ivan's reputation is not the only direct reason why we have/had the growth we do/did.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

Ivan's made 3 Alliances.

New Pacifica Order- Top Alliance in game

New Polar Order- Sanctioned Alliance (Perhaps the fastest growing sanctioned alliance)

New Sith Order- 1.5 Million NS and Rising within 3 days.

That's a 100% Success Rate. Perhaps the only person to start 2 sanctioned alliances who are sanctioned at the same time. No easy feat.

Edit: Didn't See Page 2. Beaten by Random

Edited by TimLee