Trouble at the MCXA?

After taking an hour to actually read every page, I must say I am shocked and appalled at what has happened in this situation, and have gained a little bit of respect for MCXA. TSO, I think you'll regret this decision in the end. It was certainly the type of stupid decision I would expect from the former MCXA government though.

You read faster than I do. :(

Seems we came to the same conclusion though. watchman wonders why the same people that hated his MCXA gov hate his TSO gov, hilarious. 'Course, I never cared one way or another for the old MCXA gov. But I sure don't like what I see of the new TSO gov.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I was just thinking about how retardedly funny TSO actions have been, I decided to draw a comic out of it.

lolmcxa.jpg

Seriously. You guys claim to have this "really friendly" long term plan that doesn't harm MCXA... but then as soon as people find out about it, you drop everything and run? Because you're innocent? HA.

Ah, watching you guys run around is even more fun than micro-alliance drama.

All it takes to leave an alliance "properly" is to post in the resignation thread, which I believe members of TSO have done before leaving.

Whether they are government members and some of them decide to create a new alliance after that is completely irrelevant. Nowhere is writen that they need to ask for permision to leave and make their own alliance.

They don't have to ask permission but when it is all their government leaving and half their active membership? Yeah they need to let them know. This is a different situation that just some splinter alliance breaking off. This took almost all of their government and left behind almost none. You have to tell your membership this is going on. Smaller groups breaking off usually do this. The fact of the matter is they took most of them with them and left MCXA with almost no backbone left to work with. Yeah that is a pretty big issue. You can't pretend it isn't a big deal or matter.

MCXA should rather work on solving the internal problems to prevent such things from happening in the future, rather than screaming foul and trying to discredit(or even attack?) people simply because they came to the conclusion that their future is not in MCXA but somewhere else.

MCXA government has said almost nothing in this thread. They have not attempted to discredit anyone. Gopher made one comment and that is about it. The screenies being talked about were from Q boards, that is not something they did to frame TSO on purpose. Say what you may but MCXA has not been trying to discredit TSO and from what I've seen they've been mainly moving on and trying to rebuild.

Try and actually get the information straight. MCXA has been admirable in this. They've said almost nothing when they could've been calling for more, they've been dealing with a huge loss which has to be painful and there has to be some hard feelings about it. People leaving like this just doesn't not cause feelings to occur. It actually gains my respect that MCXA has been rebuilding and focusing on themselves throughout all this hard times. They have strength.

Unless those TSO members have sent recruitment messages to MCXA nations, any talk about "treason" or " recruiting from MCXA" is a waste of time and has nothing to do with reality.

Someone in this thread already mentioned they recruited from MCXA.

I am getting tired of all this. MCXA has not done anything. All of you who are saying that MCXA has done something, they've barely posted in this thread. Who knows what they're thinking? Only them. They're trying to rebuild. Those who are saying that is MCXA's membership and such and all this stuff.. MCXA has barely posted here!

TSO is the one who dug themselves into a hole. TSO is the one who keeps responding to things. I pose a question to you: if you didn't do anything wrong why are you still arguing? Why did you keep posting and defending yourself? If it doesn't matter and if you think you did the right thing, then why are posts continue to come in? Why did this turn in a massive thread? You wouldn't feel the need to defend yourself unless something perhaps was done wrong. If you truly believed you were right, you would've stopped posting and left the clamor to die down.

People kept posing questions but this is OWF. You didn't have to respond, you didn't have to make any remark. If you were in the right, why feel the need to explain? If our view means nothing then why bother wasting your time? All the responses show that it clearly means something. So we should stop pretending that card.

Also, digging at USN isn't going to change a thing. So what if TSO was in their alliance, are we supposed to hold every alliance accountable if a TSO member joined their alliance and then left? They can't be blamed for that. This whole thing is a mess but we can't blame every alliance left and right.

you guys realize they are probably on a forum blackout atm right

I'm not sure I believe it. I don't think they care. Someone from TOP earlier said they had no intention of canceling the protectorate, so what risk does TSO run?

They should change their name to the "Old Boys' Club". Am I right? :P

They don't have to ask permission but when it is all their government leaving and half their active membership? Yeah they need to let them know. This is a different situation that just some splinter alliance breaking off. This took almost all of their government and left behind almost none. You have to tell your membership this is going on. Smaller groups breaking off usually do this. The fact of the matter is they took most of them with them and left MCXA with almost no backbone left to work with. Yeah that is a pretty big issue. You can't pretend it isn't a big deal or matter.

I suspect in due time we'll find out TSO certainly lacks that same backbone, so where did it run off to? Forum blackout or not best of luck to MCXA in this trying situation. To those others involved? Not so much.

Actually, I think that given the actions of the parties involved, TSO left their backbone back at MCXA.

I suspect in due time we'll find out TSO certainly lacks that same backbone, so where did it run off to? Forum blackout or not best of luck to MCXA in this trying situation. To those others involved? Not so much.
Actually, I think that given the actions of the parties involved, TSO left their backbone back at MCXA.

I swear to you both, when I read that line I was like... "wow... is this a set-up? How do I approach this? God, so many things to say, so little time..." then I figured everyone else was probably thinking the very same thing and I just laughed a little to myself. It was fun.

I'm left wondering where TOP went? I havn't seen any of them post for some time.

I'm sure they've just gone to review the facts and work out what to do next. TOP is not known for making their thought processes public. We'll all find out what they think when they've made their final decision on the matter. I'm not sure what else you could ask of them.

I'm left wondering where TOP went? I havn't seen any of them post for some time.

What, so it's been something like 6 or 7 hours or so since I last posted in this thread? How long is your attention span mate? I dunno about you but [OOC]I've been enjoying my Friday night out on the town[OOC] :)

What have you guys been up to in the interim, eh? The usual plotting and scheming for the downfall of Planet Bob's evil hegemony, I suppose? :P

pinky_brain.jpg

you guys realize they are probably on a forum blackout atm right

To your surprise, that is not actually the case. I suppose it's just that (among over 60 pages of comments) any MCXA members have refrained from being rude in this thread.

To your surprise, that is not actually the case. I suppose it's just that (among over 60 pages of comments) any MCXA members have refrained from being rude in this thread.

This is because we have far more important things to do than argue over something that has already happened. Instead we're focusing

on helping our alliance.

Edited by KingEd

MCXA is going to be okay if this is the prevailing attitude.

After all that has happened here, the only thing I am sure about is that the big winner here is MCXA. Biggest example of addition by subtraction I have ever seen, and the attitude of TSO members towards their departure only drives that fact home.

Depends how u look at it really

Considering TSO is invite only u could have only joined them in 1 of 2 ways. Either you were a loyal member of USN and got invited to join TSO which is Poaching or you were always planning to leave and were just using us a shield which in my book is spying.

Considering Arvili had to be kick/banned from our members channel after he changed his AA i'm thinking it was the latter

So every nation who has ever contemplated leaving their alliance is a spy now? Maybe we should just destroy them all.

If so, I'm sure that there would be a lot more homeless nations.

After all that has happened here, the only thing I am sure about is that the big winner here is MCXA. Biggest example of addition by subtraction I have ever seen, and the attitude of TSO members towards their departure only drives that fact home.

When you subtract a negative number, you essentially get addition. :P

So every nation who has ever contemplated leaving their alliance is a spy now? Maybe we should just destroy them all.

I believe the argument he was making, agree with it or not, is that if you join an alliance knowing full well you intend to leave in the near future for another alliance, and are not forthcoming about it, it is comparable to spying.

I'm not sure I would go so far as spying, but it is low class. If you're going to a temporary stopover, just be honest about it.

That is not what he is saying at all. What he is saying is that he considers someone joining the alliance while knowing they are already planning to leave to form a new alliance shortly could be considered a spy.

I believe it low class to consider someone a spy just because they want protection. Sure it's not the best thing to do, but it's hardly spying.

A spy is someone who intentionally gains access to an alliances forums in order to use the information found there against said alliance.

If someone who stays in an alliance with the intention of leaving soon is a spy, then there are a hell of a lot of spies in this game, because I know that there was a period of time when I was on the verge of leaving Invicta, I even looked around at other alliances, does this make me a spy?

If someone who stays in an alliance with the intention of leaving soon is a spy, then there are a hell of a lot of spies in this game, because I know that there was a period of time when I was on the verge of leaving Invicta, I even looked around at other alliances, does this make me a spy?

Scythe, you didn't have that intention when you joined Invicta, way back.

That's the key difference.

This is because we have far more important things to do than argue over something that has already happened. Instead we're focusing

on helping our alliance.

Too bad others can't adopt this point of view. Good luck with everything.

I believe it low class to consider someone a spy just because they want protection. Sure it's not the best thing to do, but it's hardly spying.

A spy is someone who intentionally gains access to an alliances forums in order to use the information found there against said alliance.

Haflinger put it rather well. They didn't stay in USN and have the intention of leaving. They joined USN with the intention of leaving. Calling them a spy probably stems from the fact that, like a spy, they joined an alliance without having any intention of becoming a member. If they wanted protection instead of joining an alliance, they should have simply gone to peace mode and take the economic hit to their nation, not deceive another alliance into protecting them.