Trouble at the MCXA?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gopher found the concept amusing and agreed to let you use the MCXA name if you so desired. I would hardly characterize my support as "fullhearted".

Please do not attempt to put words in my mouth - I can assure you that am more than capable of speaking on my own behalf.

DA,

You have angered our furry rodent overload! Cower in fear!

Just kidding. Good luck with the new alliance guys. I hope you have fun over there.

Edited by Doug Falkner

Gopher found the concept amusing and agreed to let you use the MCXA name if you so desired. I would hardly characterize my support as "fullhearted".

Please do not attempt to put words in my mouth - I can assure you that am more than capable of speaking on my own behalf.

I did not intend to put words in your mouth, Gopher, that was pretty much what I was told over Skype. :)

And I have no doubts in your capability, you should be aware of that.

Forgive me as I don't quite understand, you don't think 2 million NS was the majority?

"Majority of NS" was probably a mis-statement. More accurately, we know that large portions of NS and members that were lost were not lost to TSO, but to other AAs as well.

"Majority of NS" was probably a mis-statement. More accurately, we know that large portions of NS and members that were lost were not lost to TSO, but to other AAs as well.

Well one would ask especially viewers of your work, what actually does this mean, did some members catch wind of all this and just bail or was there some sinister plot.

I guess if I had to list one thing you guys could have done differently to make this process smoother for your former alliance it would have been to train your successors first. In the span of a week, MCXA has had to transition to a new government with very little continuity to the old government. I feel that elected officials have a duty not to leave their alliance during their elected terms in office. I feel that this could have waited a month or two in order to pass the torch on to the next generation of leaders. While it seems a little rude to walk out on your elected duties, I don't know all the details and really should not be making any accusations.

You must have expected this response, because deep down every alliance with internal problems fears that this will happen to them on some level. Bungled transition aside, if you are not happy in your alliance then you should leave, and I see no issue with you wanting to form a new alliance with a new culture. I must only suggest that those in any alliance who are dissatisfied or unhappy with their community should retire from their leadership position and decline to run for future elected offices. Losing leaders on duty can be a very ugly experience and will always cause a lot of hard feelings even if all parties say that it hasn't.

Best wishes, The Sweet Oblivion. I do hope you all enjoy your new home.

Edited by Penguin

I've been in similar situations before, from both sides of the fence. I've been in alliances that had micro alliances splinter off. I've seen many of them called traitors. I've founded an alliance that was not exactly a splinter, though it was perceived as such. I've been through being called a traitor, among other things. The alliance I've founded splintered a time or two as well. One of which situations was very public, and handled very poorly by myself as well as some others involved. If I had it to do over again, I would do things a bit differently now.

Point is, none of these situations are easy, from the perspective of those leaving, or from the perspective of those left behind. If much of the government of an alliance leaves at one time, particularly when said alliance is a larger, sanctioned alliance, it does not mean automatic death for the alliance. It means that several people, most of whom have probably worked together for ages, have a similar view on direction, one that is not shared with the membership. If they are democratically structured, and I believe MCXA is, it is probably for the best for TSO to have branched off. Otherwise, these same gov members would be running into brick walls, trying to accomplish things for MCXA that perhaps the members don't agree with, which would cause more of a problem than leaving would cause.

So yeah, that's my .02. Good luck to TSO, MCXA, and TOP.

I am also very disappointed at certain responses to this thread. Vanguard in particular and also the re-emergence of the NpO troll squad.

This portent can only bode well for the future. Polaris has always been a force for truth and justice in this otherwise unjust world. Forward Polaris!

err...former govt of MCXA doesnt qualify as quality members ?? :unsure:

Not under any definition of "quality".

Amiable? What choice did MCXA have?

TSO - "We are leaving and taking these members with us"

MCXA - "ugggh, do we have a choice?"

TSO - "No"

Yeah, that's amiable alright.

Well it could have been amiable, not everyone has the same dogged defiance that you or I would have put on display. Plus, think about it. You have Sam in an alliance and all the sudden you're going to be rid of him. It would be hard not to burst out into joyful song. 'Amiable' would be forcing yourself not to.

This whole TOP protectorate thing is a non-issue really. Who wouldn't expect the running dogs of the hegemony to protect each other?

I guess if I had to list one thing you guys could have done differently to make this process smoother for your former alliance it would have been to train your successors first. In the span of a week, MCXA has had to transition to a new government with very little continuity to the old government. I feel that elected officials have a duty not to leave their alliance during their elected terms in office. I feel that this could have waited a month or two in order to pass the torch on to the next generation of leaders. While it seems a little rude to walk out on your elected duties, I don't know all the details and really should not be making any accusations.

MCXA just had regular elections. In those elections, Gopher and Fresh were elected as Chancellor. Sam and Celt left when their terms were up. An ignorant accusation of dereliction is uncalled for, in my opinion. Go ask first. #tso

The best comparison I can think of here is if myself, choop, Thick, and KungFuGeek all left TORN to start a new alliance because we didn't like how things were going.

If, as LEADERS of your alliance, you couldn't make your alliance a place you wanted to stay, that doesn't bode well. You guys built the MCXA into what it is, so leaving it because you don't like it's direction is more a reflection on yourselves than on anyone else.

And now that I've vented my piece, best of luck to all.

does anything else need to be said.

Spin spin spin spin! Really, it's kind of sad that most people knew this was coming for at least three to four days and even then they couldn't come up with counter-arguments to the spinmobile.

I think my personal favorite was the claim that the former leaders of the MCXA would have just removed any and all members with whom they were displeased. I'm not sure if I'd attack that one with the "but you're a democracy!" angle or the "but that doesn't solve the problem, it only postpones it!" angle. The CEN angle was great, but wasn't properly handled and was abandoned way too soon.

Either way, I'll be quite curious to see how this dramatically named alliance conducts its foreign affairs and how it aligns itself in this wonderful climate we're in at the moment. At the moment you're built along the lines of a "citadel" alliance, which is my favorite style. That development will also be interesting.

Cheers.

RealEdit: As Bud just reminded me, bigwoody probably had the best commentary in this thread. I hope everyone read it clearly.

Edited by TheNeverender

MCXA just had regular elections. In those elections, Gopher and Fresh were elected as Chancellor. Sam and Celt left when their terms were up. An ignorant accusation of dereliction is uncalled for, in my opinion. Go ask first. #tso

Forgive me, I was referring to the vacancies in the rest of the High Council. Given that Co-Chancellors serve for life, I thought it was pretty much implied that Sam and Celt would have to resign first in order to hold immediate elections for their position.

I was going off of Gopherbashi's post: "For the next several weeks, the MCXA will be governed by a Transition Council until elections are held." It appeared as if most of the previous High Council, elected at the end of January, did not finish their two month term.

Looking through their recent elections announcement here, I compiled a mental list of MCXA government members who left the alliance this month.

February-March High Council who joined The Sweet Oblivion

Sam (Co-Chancellor)

Celt (Co-Chancellor)

SleepIB

Skingrad

Enimecnegnev

Cadie

Jesse James

Dragonaspect

Lakie

February-March High Council who left MCXA

Gonefishin

TFS

February-March High Council who remained in MCXA

Dr. Fresh

Gopherbashi

I'm really sorry if I offended you with my ignorance, watchman, but it appeared to me that a good portion of MCXA's current elected officials were no longer in the MCXA. I'm willing to retract my hasty statements if there were some sort of unusual High Council elections during the two month term between January 28th and March 28th. When were the most recent MCXA High Council elections? Sorry, in my ignorance, I must have missed the announcement.

Edited by Penguin

Well one would ask especially viewers of your work, what actually does this mean, did some members catch wind of all this and just bail or was there some sinister plot.

One could wonder if anyone actively took advantage by leeching during the turmoil. Whether the new MCXA cares or not is another question emot-toot.gif.

One could wonder if anyone actively took advantage by leeching during the turmoil.

Seems unlikely. I don't think any one alliance got a significant number of them or would be able to convince people to join their alliance over MXCA (or TSO).

Edited by Joe Kremlin