Trouble at the MCXA?

Amiable? What choice did MCXA have?

TSO - "We are leaving and taking these members with us"

MCXA - "ugggh, do we have a choice?"

TSO - "No"

Yeah, that's amiable alright.

There's still a thing like 'freedom of choice', so the '...taking these members...' looks a bith harsh to me. As Timmehhh is saying, we lost an appreciated member to TSO, but we wish him, his alliance and his protectors all the best.

Now, that's just as easy as it looks like.

Edited by erikz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's still a thing like 'freedom of choice', so the '...taking these members...' looks a bith harsh to me. As Timmehhh is saying, we lost an appreciated member to TSO, but we wish him, his alliance and his protectors all the best.

Now, that's just as easy as it looks like.

The problem is that people think they have a permanent claim on anyone who joins their alliance. The role of the alliance is to make sure the members are taken care of, and if the members aren't taken care of, they're free to go.

And, sometimes, people just want to go their own way to try their own thing. People don't like that though, and I don't know why, because where did all of these alliances start and get their members? Aside from FARK and FOK and NPO (the base, anyway), where did all these alliances start? They didn't spring up out of nowhere.

This is just a case of people thinking their power goes beyond their own alliance borders, and they can posture and troll and intimidate as if their opinions even matter to TSO.

I am seriously saddened over this ordeal, being close to MCXA's leadership for numerous ages. In terms of quality, SpiderJerusalem, Nemesis should kill for members whom have a sense of civility, humor, and open friendliness, as well as the ability to respond collectively and logically through dog piles of trolls.

For those deciding to attack TOP, don't bother. The two situations were clearly differentiated by secrecy vs openness. I am disconcerted due to the recent events, but one must contain their emotions during a heightened situation, remaining calm and displaying a sense of rationality. MCXA is not proud of TSO, however, if TSO kept their planning in secrecy and consistently attempting to recruit members like CEN, this situation would be much different. Instead, their removal was imminent and of public display. Those who left did so willingly due to each individuals own self-concept of the given situation.

Do not scrutinize members for not being content with their alliance and thus creating a new one. We do not know all of their internal bleeding and situations, sometimes when an alliance is in its all-time low, nothing can be done until some parties leave. Take ACID, after GWII it was a power grab for the council. Myself and TehRussian left. !@#$ happens, TSO isn't expected to stick with their alliance if all faith has been bewildered, they'd be hurting their former alliance more by doing this. It is not like from the beginning of MCXA's creation they formulated a plot of bewildering the MCXA, get real mates.

I am pissed about the entire situation, but chillax. I am not to keen with some people right now, but enough with the accusations. Especially with TOP, I am a Grämlin, they my brother from another mother, I will carve a new $@! out of you. B)

Edited by Ejayrazz

1.) Let me make this clear, we did not "abandon" the MCXA, the new MCXA government (namely, Fresh and Gopher) have been in on this and we have been trying to achieve a smooth transition. The MCXA was my home on Planet Bob for over a year, we are not looking to destroy it. Under the current leadership I have the fullest faith in the new leadership to lead the MCXA to prosperity once again.

2.) It seems you don't realize the mistake in your thinking. When we decided to leave we were not looking for power, we were looking for friendship and a smaller community. We left the MCXA in order for both, the now members of the MCXA and ourselves to exist happily. Personally I am having a lot more fun with the game now then about a month ago, for example ;)

This way the membership will have the governments they want and we can exist as friends. I still hold a great fondness for the MCXA and I hope that the feeling is mutual. :)

With all due respect, I've heard this kind of thing before. Only time will tell if you really mean it, or if you are merely another Ephriam Grey.

Well, not merely another. He just attempted to take the majority of our government; you actually did it.

With all due respect, I've heard this kind of thing before. Only time will tell if you really mean it, or if you are merely another Ephriam Grey.

Well, not merely another. He just attempted to take the majority of our government; you actually did it.

It is true that only time will tell, yet I am confident that we will stand by everything we have said.

Did you ever see the treaties the MCXA had? The friends it had? If we wanted power, why should we leave and form an alliance that has "only" a protectorate treaty at the start? (I put only in exclamation marks cause TOP are really great protectors ;) )

If we wanted power we would have kicked out every single member in the MCXA that annoyed us and then said "Now the MCXA is truly ours!"

Would that have been morally right? You bet it wouldn't.

So we left the MCXA in the capable hands of Gopherbashi and Fresh, for whom I have the greatest respect and with whom I have worked for a year now, and headed for new land.

This way is better for both parties, and I hope that we can continue to live as friends and brothers. :)

Edited by Dragonaspect

So much bitterness, even from parties not involved. Sad.

Good luck TSO, as a bunch of "traitors" ourselves, Argent well knows the issues you are/will encounter. Heck, we were only peons too, not "real" goverment :awesome:

TOP is an awesome alliance to be hooked up with.

Where in the hell does this even compare to Ephriam Grey?

I was thinking: "Where did I miss the fake logs?"

So much bitterness, even from parties not involved. Sad.

Good luck TSO, as a bunch of "traitors" ourselves, Argent well knows the issues you are/will encounter. Heck, we were only peons too, not "real" goverment awesome.gif

TOP is an awesome alliance to be hooked up with.

Agreed. As is Argent.

Edited by erikz

It is true that only time will tell, yet I am confident that we will stand by everything we have said.

Did you ever see the treaties the MCXA had? The friends it had? If we wanted power, why should we leave and form an alliance that has "only" a protectorate treaty at the start? (I put only in exclamation marks cause TOP are really great protectors ;) )

If we wanted power we would have kicked out every single member in the MCXA that annoyed us and then said "Now the MCXA is truly ours!"

Would that have been morally right? You bet it wouldn't.

So we left the MCXA in the capable hands of Gopherbashi and Fresh, for whom I have the greatest respect and with whom I have worked for a year now, and headed for new land.

This way is better for both parties, and I hope that we can continue to live as friends and brothers. :)

The best comparison I can think of here is if myself, choop, Thick, and KungFuGeek all left TORN to start a new alliance because we didn't like how things were going.

If, as LEADERS of your alliance, you couldn't make your alliance a place you wanted to stay, that doesn't bode well. You guys built the MCXA into what it is, so leaving it because you don't like it's direction is more a reflection on yourselves than on anyone else.

And now that I've vented my piece, best of luck to all.

If, as LEADERS of your alliance, you couldn't make your alliance a place you wanted to stay, that doesn't bode well.

Well, if you're in an alliance with a direct democracy system, things could go the way you don't like them to go personally as a leader. I could be wrong tho.

Edit: clarification purposes

Edited by erikz

If, as LEADERS of your alliance, you couldn't make your alliance a place you wanted to stay, that doesn't bode well. You guys built the MCXA into what it is, so leaving it because you don't like it's direction is more a reflection on yourselves than on anyone else.

In an alliance with a democratic structure, it's not so much about what the government wants, but what its members want. If both clash and one has to leave in order to both exist, I do think that it's preferable that the minority leaves rather than kicking out the majority...

To be quite honest, no.

The actions done by some of the members of this alliance throughout the history of Planet Bob should be enough proof of that.

Proof and evidence, please?

I know it's the "baseless accusation" day, but I always love to hear why we are villainous etc. :)

Edited by Dragonaspect

Some have called us elite. If we are elite, we are elite in our dedication, not in our exclusivity.

Some have called you elite. Others have called you traitors, cowards, people who care far more about your pixels than your alliance.

So yeah. Not really a valid point there.

Some have called you elite. Others have called you traitors, cowards, people who care far more about your pixels than your alliance.

So yeah. Not really a valid point there.

How does anything point towards caring more for their pixels than the alliance? oO

I would say that if we cared more for our pixels, we would have stayed in the MCXA and prolonged the way things were going...

But if you say so *shrug*