Treaty compendium

Bob Janova

Updated.

This update (about 2 weeks) sees the return to the web of four previous entrants: TPF, OG, DT and CCC – congratulations to them. If you have signed or cancelled treaties since you fell out of the top 80, please make the appropriate edits on the wiki (I'm fairly sure I missed at least one CCC announcement, at least).

Apart from CON, who drop out after their merge into IRON, the worst losers this week are the newly formed Circle of Icarus, whose novelty has worn off since the last update, and GGA whose post-Karma recovery seems to be stalling. Shooting up the table were Argent with a gain of 10 places.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it on great authority that the following ODN treaties no longer exist:

Invicta-ODN MDoAP: MDoAP with Invicta; total NS 13.5M, tension 304 (33 per M NS)

IRON/ODN MDoAP: MDoAP with IRON; total NS 18.8M, tension 23 (2 per M NS)

TOOL-ODN PIAT: PIAT with TOOL; total NS 15.9M, tension 102 (11 per M NS)

In addition, we hold a PIAT with FOK (though I suppose the ODP of OUT technically overrules that) and our treaty with GGA is MDP level, not MDoAP.

I have it on great authority that the following ODN treaties no longer exist:

Invicta-ODN MDoAP: MDoAP with Invicta; total NS 13.5M, tension 304 (33 per M NS)

IRON/ODN MDoAP: MDoAP with IRON; total NS 18.8M, tension 23 (2 per M NS)

TOOL-ODN PIAT: PIAT with TOOL; total NS 15.9M, tension 102 (11 per M NS)

In addition, we hold a PIAT with FOK (though I suppose the ODP of OUT technically overrules that) and our treaty with GGA is MDP level, not MDoAP.

Unless you guys have been cancelling treaties without telling us, we have still have a PIAT. <_<

One thing I think would be cool (probably fairly easy too) is "grudge lines" that would push alliances apart. You'd have to subjectively decide who dislikes who, but it could be interesting.

# Treaty types

# Name Length Strength Colour

Grudge 100 -5 Blue

Would that work, if I just put it in treatytypes.txt?

Edited by Lord Brendan

That's a cool idea for a political landscape, Lord Brendan. Anyone who has a copy of Bob's web should just start playing with it, as we saw how the web looked with MDP+ only treaties. It looks different with ODPs and PIATs included, and it'd look different with these grudge lines. Then these images should be posted for all to enjoy, heh.

One thing I think would be cool (probably fairly easy too) is "grudge lines" that would push alliances apart. You'd have to subjectively decide who dislikes who, but it could be interesting.

Would that work, if I just put it in treatytypes.txt?

that would be interesting but i think if i were to mess around with it again like i did before the war i would be adding/removing treaties.

and yeah, MDP+ only shows the real political landscape much better IMO, i have been running on that only since you added the lower level options.

Tried my idea and it works, but you'd need a lot of data for it to show anything.

If you could do a survey in every alliance to get the 3 alliances they dislike the most, then I think you'd see some interesting trends. But just adding in a few obvious ones here and there doesn't do much.

Tried my idea and it works, but you'd need a lot of data for it to show anything.

If you could do a survey in every alliance to get the 3 alliances they dislike the most, then I think you'd see some interesting trends. But just adding in a few obvious ones here and there doesn't do much.

and i have a feeling we would have a issue getting people to take that survey ;)

IRON-Sparta is already off (mentioned a few times already) for the next issue. MK-NV added. 57th are not in the top 80 so they aren't on the web.

Yeah, adding negative 'treaties' would work. I have stayed away from that (or from adjusting the strength values on individual treaties) because it quickly becomes subjective and I want the web and list here to be objective.

Athens-WAPA ODP: ODP with Athens; total NS 8.5M, tension 154 (41 per M NS)

WAPA-GR ODP: ODP with GR; total NS 6.7M, tension 70 (19 per M NS)

WAPA announced today that both of these ODPs are being dropped.

Appreciate the time you put into this Bob Janova.

Edited by Myzebedeeistaken

Invicta just signed an MDoAP with IAA: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=69601 I'd add it to the Wiki myself but 1) I took one look at that page and went :wacko: and 2) I'm lazy. :P

Damn you Haf, I shouldn't have said I was going to do this in #iaa :v:

Edited by Locke