Treaty compendium

Bob Janova

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sovyet Gelibolu' timestamp='1337111653' post='2967781']
...I made it a couple days ago. AFAIK the only thing that should be different is NG's position.

You may have been misled by the convention I used, whereby the stronger of the two alliances in a treaty is listed second in the treaty description. Therefore the treaty between VE and Umbrella, for instance, is listed "VE,Umb" rather than "Umb,VE". The alliances' treaties are grouped in the order GPA, WTF, Umb, IRON, ODN, NG, etc.
[/quote]

I was basing that on TIOs position.

Okay guys, I was finally able to update all the documents on the wikia. You can go [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Bob_Janova"]here[/url] to get the latest data files for the MDP Web.

I've also begun updating the treaties for all the top 80 alliances. And I've updated the types of treaties that the web can see, to include ODoAPs. I've also tweaked the value of ODPs so that they have half of the pull of MDAPs, where as the used to only have a quarter of the pull (which was too small IMO).

Plans:
Once everything has been updated, I'll post some pics of the MDP Web in its current form. You will also be able to download the latest info when you download the program from Bob Janova's host site.

If anyone has any suggestions, anything they have always wanted to see in the MDP Web, please let me know. I am all for making the web better for the community.

[quote name='Kochers' timestamp='1337204182' post='2968218']
If anyone has any suggestions, anything they have always wanted to see in the MDP Web, please let me know. I am all for making the web better for the community.
[/quote]
Quick question: So, if we do not have any treaties with any alliances that are stronger than us, then we don't list any treaties?

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1337354116' post='2969104']
Quick question: So, if we do not have any treaties with any alliances that are stronger than us, then we don't list any treaties?[/quote]
I only update treaties for the top 80 alliances, because only the top 80 are rendered on the web. So if you have treaties with alliances outside the top 80, then I'm not going to add them in, because they aren't going to effect the web. Now, some treaties with lower alliances are already in the program, either because they were added in by someone at one time, or because the alliance was in the top 80 at some point. However, NpO has a treaty with Avalanche that isn't in the web, and I specifically didn't add it because Avalanche isn't in the top 80. The extra treaties just slow down the program and add more error codes for me to wade through and try to correct. :P

But for CoJ, the only treaty I have listed for you is Red Dawn, so a PIAT with Invicta, basically. Otherwise you guys would be floating like a neutral :P

• 2 months later...

When I suggested making the editable-by-all treaty compendium eons back, I didn't take into account each individual alliance's laziness in being able to update its own data...

However, there may be a work-around that would make it easier for each alliance to be responsible for their own data... if someone built a tool that could take input information in a Google Forms style way so that alliances could update their own treaties, and then the tool would add it to the raw data sheets. Even easier would be the alliance NS/data information. Someone could just parse their alliance stat page, and the tool could turn that into the raw numbers. Something to think about.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1345365533' post='3023427']
Where does one find an updated version of this
[/quote]

Any alliance who knows what they are doing should have their own version of this. I can't think of one on your side of the web... except maybe NPO? Idk.

[quote name='Kochers' timestamp='1337398463' post='2969348']
I only update treaties for the top 80 alliances, because only the top 80 are rendered on the web. So if you have treaties with alliances outside the top 80, then I'm not going to add them in, because they aren't going to effect the web. Now, some treaties with lower alliances are already in the program, either because they were added in by someone at one time, or because the alliance was in the top 80 at some point. However, NpO has a treaty with Avalanche that isn't in the web, and I specifically didn't add it because Avalanche isn't in the top 80. The extra treaties just slow down the program and add more error codes for me to wade through and try to correct. :P

But for CoJ, the only treaty I have listed for you is Red Dawn, so a PIAT with Invicta, basically. Otherwise you guys would be floating like a neutral :P
[/quote]
CoJ holds a military pact with The Combine. We're squeaking in at 78th. >_>

• 3 months later...

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1353457392' post='3055274']
I think enough movement has happened here to make it interesting to see the shift.

I will give up 3M and 50T to two nations of the persons choice who updates this compendium :D
[/quote]

ask Ogaden where to send it, i updated the wiki page for the super web which is not limited to the top 80 alliances. there are some errors and formatting issues with alliances using special characters but other then that its very close to 100%. also let me know if you spot any errors so we can correct them

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Mutual_Defense_Pact_web/Data

nslist has been updated. Highlights:

Major drops by: Argent

Major improvements by: SNAFU, CSN, Invicta, AO, TORN,

Welcome to MDP Web first-timers: Shangri-La, Nuclear Proliferation League, The Order of the Reaper, Hooligans,

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1355422165' post='3063420']
I'd just like to stick my nose into this thread and say thanks to everyone who keeps it up to date! I long since lost the time and interest to update it regularly, but it's good that it's still a useful resource.
[/quote]
It is indeed useful in confirming how out of control alliances these days have gotten with their treaties. I thought that was a picture of galaxies at first GEEZ! we ought to be ashamed of ourselves for this.

• 4 months later...

Enough NS movement has occurred (and enough new AAs in the top 80) to justify re-running the NS and Alliance .txt files, so they've been updated. Results are as follows:

Minor movement up: World Task Force (1), NPO, NpO, NG, MHA, GATO, The Legion, FAN, DT, HB, GOP, GO, NPL, AB, SNAFU, App, and Avalanche

Major movement up: Fark, R&R, Pax Corvus, GLOF, TTE, KoN, CCC, UPN, STA, NADC, OBR, CSN, SUN, AO, WAPA, Invicta, and FoB

Minor movement down: AI, Umbrella, TLRemnants, NoR, VE, DB4D, MW, Argent, GOD, RoK, and Echelon

Major movement down: BFF and INT

Welcome back to: FEAR, Valhalla, Wolfpack, Old Guard, Créole, TENE, GPF, and TLRepublic,

Congrats to the newest members of the top 80!: Dominion of Righteous Nations, MI6, Knights of the Round Table, Sengoku, and The Javahouse League

Lastly, we say goodbye to the dozen or so alliances who are no longer in the top 80 (and often, no longer in existence at all):

Deinos, Blood for Friends, Shangri-La, Colossus, The Order of Righteous Nations, Oceania, Alchemy, The Order of the Reaper, Hooligans, Molon Labe, The Sweet Oblivion, Basketball Ninjas, Kaskus, and Menotah.

I hope to get around to moving/updating treaties in the next few days. As of yet, treaties for the new AAs haven't been added in, so if you run the model they'll go float off in space, and later they'll completely screw up the web when you add their treaties in. TL;DR don't do it :p

• 2 months later...

I got bored when I should have been doing other things, so the NS list has been updated once again!

Minor Movements Up: ODN, Fark, MK, TIO, Sparta, NATO, VE, NSO, LoSS, STA, RIA, CRAP, MI6, SUN, MW, AB, 

Major Movements Up: R&R (4), Valhalla (1), NADC (2), Int (2), 

Minor Movements Down: NG, MHA, GATO, AI, TDO, Pax, NEW, TTE, DB4D, DRN, SNAFU, 

Major Movements Down: Umbrella, 

Welcome to the Disciples Of Destruction, premiering at #60! And welcome back to The Last Republic, who has returned to the top 80! A warm welcome as well to the Hooligans and LPH, who round out the top 80.

And of course, we must say goodbye to Créole, Echelon, and TENE. If memory serves, this is the first time Echelon has not been in the top 80 AAs since its original entrance after the merger that created Echelon nearly 6 years ago.