Treaty compendium

Bob Janova

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

That's one year of the 3D web, folks! (Although not of this thread; I didn't start making compendia for a few days after starting the web and the wiki.)

Some big changes this week, so a new picture. The largest change is that Grämlins' decision to drop almost all of their treaties has smeared out the Citadel power cluster; whether you think that's really the case or an artifact of using treaties to determine power I'll leave up to you. That effect is exaggerated by the view I've taken to get a clean line between the sides in this war, which essentially looks like the SF and S&G spheres against the BLEU2 and ex-Hegemony ones, with Citadel split on the issue.

web20100128-labelled.png

Also in case you hadn't noticed, there's a war on, so here's a similar view with the alliances coloured based on their side (blue for the Polar side, red for the raiders' side). I haven't coloured allies of combatants this time because it's just too messy.

web20100128-war.png

The big movers in places are PC, who picked up some large warmongering nations, and a corresponding large move downwards for FoB. Most of the listings were surprisingly stable, with the same 80 alliances making up the web now as in the last update.

That's really outstanding. Can you see if you can maybe nudge VE a little closer to Purplol. Green and purple -- awesome color combo.

i don't feel like moving my web right now as i have it in a good place to see every alliance at once, but im 99% sure that no matter how i move it other then Stickmen VE wont end up any closer to the purple alliances. maybe if they at least had allies that had treaties with purple, a quick look and i don't see any, then it could happen.

Yeah, I don't choose the locations of alliances (only the position the view is taken from), and VE don't have any ties to Purplol or even second-degree ties to them. They're a long way apart for good reason.

Man, updating this war web is probably beyond me <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Updated.

There's some fairly major changes, but I suspect it's not over yet, so I'll not bother with an image update until the war is over. Because of the war, there's a lot of movement on the strength list, with neutrals doing particularly well and Polar-side alliances doing particularly badly (though MK and FoB also fall).

As a result there's some new faces on the web, with a welcome back to [b]Brigade[/b], [b]OBR[/b] and [b]ROCK[/b], and a brand new appearance from the [b]Green Old Party[/b] and [b]The United Front[/b], as five alliances (Valhalla, BAPS, FoB, ML and UBD) succumb to war damage and slip out of the top 80. Please check your treaties!

• 1 month later...

The war's still going on, and I'm busy, so still no picture update, though if someone wants to make one then feel free. With Citadel+, BLEU2 and ex-Hegemony pretty much destroyed there isn't much of a pattern to the web at the moment; Supergrievances is a huge but sprawling mass, the remains of Remnants are up in one corner and a few alliances are floating in the middle.

Full stats/treaty update, although I may have missed some with all the war-related announcements, so please check. Another month with a lot of movement, as alliances at war lose strength and those at peace climb over them – a phenomenon which can be seen in the top 12, consisting entirely of neutrals, alliances at peace and alliances in incidental fights (MHA and Sparta) who started from the very top. A special mention to the [b]NPO[/b] who will be no. 1 when they come out of terms and re-militarise, and [b]UPN[/b] for breaking into the top 12.

Further down the happiest people will probably be in [b]Phoenix Rising[/b], who enter the web for the first time and see the [b]GGA[/b] slip off it. The other first time entrants are [b]UINE[/b].

Edit: As a measure of the scale of the war, the total NS of the top 80 has decreased by almost 10%, from an average of 3.64m per alliance to 3.36m.

Edited by Bob Janova

[quote name='Burnsey' date='23 March 2010 - 03:34 PM' timestamp='1269372868' post='2234353']
WAPA no longer has an MDoAP with NEW ^_^
[/quote]

NEW canceled with TOOL too.

Edited by Cyber king

• 2 weeks later...