Treaty compendium

Bob Janova

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='06 April 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1270601392' post='2250977']
There'll be an update some time this week.

Louis, is there an announcement for that to link to?
[/quote]

not Louis but her you go http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=83849

Updated! And a new picture!

[img]http://www.redcorona.com/cn/mdpweb/web20100410-labelled.png[/img]

We're pretty much back to the 2007-8 situation of a bipolar web, with the recent war seeing the cancellation of several treaties that 'crossed the bridge', particularly with TOP and NpO. The Blue power cluster still acts as something of a bridge between SG and ex-Heg, but the divide is clear and strong.

Remnants gets a dashed line because it isn't really a power cluster like the others, it's just a collection of alliances which aren't part of the others and get pushed to the same area of the web.

It's a return to the web for [b]The United Front[/b] and [b]Veritas Aequitas[/b], who profit from [b]Vanguard[/b]'s merge into MK (who move up several places and into a sanction as a result) and [b]TSO[/b]'s war losses. Elsewhere, there's not much movement on the web, except [b]Invicta[/b] who are half way through a name change and take the expected strength loss as a result.

It's rather interesting to see how pseudo-blocs still exist from their former selves. Just as LB pointed out, Frostbite is still seemingly "together" through outside treaties. It is also interesting to see the polarization in some team colors, and in others the clear lack of polarization. With the clear exception of two blue alliances in that one chart, blue is its own dominant bloc whereas take orange. Orange is, in terms of numerical quantities, split down the middle with 5 on one side and 3 on the other (Supergrievances and Ex-Hegemony respectfully). It'll be interesting to see if any gaps are bridged within this, but I doubt it.

Looking at maroon, all of the notable maroon alliances with military pact treaties are all in the same bloc, with treaties specifically only on the Supergrievances side. Talk about MAROONity.:smug: In all seriousness, though, it's interesting to see the clear divide now when we have become so accustomed to a cluttered web that seriously would make any grown lawyer cry.

Yet despite the clear divide and polarization, you can still see that there are still numerous connections between both sides. I'll be very interested in seeing how the [i]next[/i] war plays out and how its treaty web will look just prior to its outbreak. I have my own humble predictions about who will be the ones being attacked, etc., but given the current treaty web and the atmosphere, I'm kind of thinking that once Pacifica comes out of terms, it will play as a distinct wild card.

:ph34r:

RIA related changes:

*RIA-Silence MDP was upgraded to a MDoAP back in December: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=75251. (The Even More Insane Shared Insanity Pact, Now With 20% More Insanity)
*The treaty with UINE has Optional Defense in it so it should probably be listed as an ODP instead of a PIAT.
*Solidarity Pact for an Allied Maroon could probably be added: ODoAP bloc: CSN, GOD, MA, Immortals, TTK (+CRAP/SoL/USN who aren't on the web)
*...and for more redundancy since a lot of the signatories aren't on the web - Maroon Economic Pact: ODP bloc: CSN, GOD, MA, Immortals, TTK

shadow if you are going to do work on the web then do it on the "super web" project please.

thanks to you for the web generator bob, if we ever finish the "super web" i will send you a copy, you can expect it in June of 2020.

[quote name='Unsure' date='11 April 2010 - 10:27 AM' timestamp='1270934853' post='2255808']
Carpe Diem?

Nice to see that it's much less of a horrible mess post-war.
[/quote]
Yeah- I did a double take when I saw that too :P It's why you need to d/l the 3D program, because the 2D representation doesn't show the web properly.

Yeah CD are just directly behind C&G on that view, somewhere between NSO and GATO. It's pretty much impossible to get a viewpoint where there isn't at least one alliance that's in the 'wrong' place at a glance that also shows the power clusters in a useful way. You've also got GOONS and LoSS in LEO on this view :P

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='12 April 2010 - 07:02 AM' timestamp='1271019747' post='2256574']
Interesting putting Blue on the ex-Hegemony side of things, given where they were fighting in the last war.
[/quote]

Yeah. As much as it's great to arbitrarily even the numbers up and all that, that hashed line represents a total failure of logic.

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='11 April 2010 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1271019747' post='2256574']
Interesting putting Blue on the ex-Hegemony side of things, given where they were fighting in the last war.
[/quote]

If you draw the line right through Polar it should be reasonably accurate, except for NSO.

And to those observing NSO's proximity to STA and NpO, I would say that is more out of coincidence than anything else given the lack of a treaty between NSO and anyone else in that area.

Edited by Moridin

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='11 April 2010 - 04:02 PM' timestamp='1271019747' post='2256574']
[/quote]

[quote name='Grumpdogg' date='11 April 2010 - 08:31 PM' timestamp='1271035859' post='2256827']
Yeah. As much as it's great to arbitrarily even the numbers up and all that, that hashed line represents a total failure of logic.
[/quote]

I [i]think[/i] Janova is going back to the before WoTC days to when hegemony was made up of NPO and NpO.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='11 April 2010 - 06:34 PM' timestamp='1271036049' post='2256831']
I [i]think[/i] Janova is going back to the before WoTC days to when hegemony was made up of NPO and NpO.
[/quote]

That still doesn't make any sense... why define sides by how they were two years ago?

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='12 April 2010 - 11:37 AM' timestamp='1271036244' post='2256839']
I think generally when referring to "ex-Hegemony", you're talking about the alliances that made up the war coalition Hegemony at the time of the Karma War. If you go back to the Coalition War then you could just draw a circle around the whole web minus C&G.
[/quote]

BLEU anyone?

[quote name='Moridin' date='11 April 2010 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1271036016' post='2256830']
If you draw the line right through Polar it should be reasonably accurate, except for NSO.

And to those observing NSO's proximity to STA and NpO, I would say that is more out of coincidence than anything else given the lack of a treaty between NSO and anyone else in that area.
[/quote]
If you look at the web rather than the picture, there is a fair bit of vertical space between NSO and you two that doesn't translate into the 2D representation at that angle.