Non Grata and The Imperial Entente Holdfast Together

7 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Je suis anglais. Napoleon is something a Wellington stepped on :smug:

It is great to see you active, I kept hearing rumors you quit the game. Glad gossip once again proves false. Thank you for the warm reception to the treaty, I really appreciate it!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Tankobite said:

"Give me night, or give me Blücher!"

Not the most practical footwear in muddy trenches, despite perhaps being more aesthetically pleasing

20 minutes ago, KameraadLenin said:

ben esti je peut fait un claque a ton wellington si tu veux ;] 

Mon dieu!

13 minutes ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

It is great to see you active, I kept hearing rumors you quit the game. Glad gossip once again proves false. Thank you for the warm reception to the treaty, I really appreciate it!

Oh don't worry, I'll be on my way soon enough- Bear Island was for life, now that there is no Bear Island for me and no GK? This is no life.

My only regret is losing you all as friends and watching those bridges that connected us beyond this world get torched because of all of this. So you can drop the act, I know how you really feel Ly but In spite of that? I genuinely wish you well in your future endeavours here and beyond.

One more for old time's sake:

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

18 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Oh don't worry, I'll be on my way soon enough- Bear Island was for life, now that there is no Bear Island? This is no life.

My only regret is losing you all as friends and watching those bridges that connected us beyond this world get torched because of all of this.

To my credit I tried to unblock you later after the initial shock. 

In retrospect I would suggest 

1. Not breaking the unspoken Bear Island contract

2. Using that gift of speech you have and voice more opposition to your freinds being hit. 

3. Just not hitting your freinds and allies when their back is turned 

4. Staying retired

Edited by Lucius Optimus

16 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

My only regret is losing you all as friends and watching those bridges that connected us beyond this world get torched because of all of this. 

Should have watched Kelly's Heroes with us 

11 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Oh don't worry, I'll be on my way soon enough- Bear Island was for life, now that there is no Bear Island for me and no GK? This is no life.

My only regret is losing you all as friends and watching those bridges that connected us beyond this world get torched because of all of this. So you can drop the act, I know how you really feel Ly but In spite of that? I genuinely wish you well in your future endeavours here and beyond.

I think Cobra and Boognish are in great hands and I look forward to seeing all the wonderful things that you guys do in the future. I do wish you the best, I have never said otherwise. Thanks for visiting our treaty thread and I hope to see you in discord soon. 

26 minutes ago, Lucius Optimus said:

To my credit I tried to unblock you later after the initial shock. 

In retrospect I would suggest 

1. Not breaking the unspoken Bear Island contract

2. Using that gift of speech you have an voice more opposition to your freinds being hit. 

3. Just not hitting your freinds and allies when their back is turned 

4. Staying retired

And for the record; I don't hold how you reacted against you, probably would've done the same in your shoes given you were no longer present in the Boognish server. If you were I imagine there would have actually been dialogue between us all, but you made clear you wanted nothing to do with it anymore despite me re-inviting you prior to all of this.

1) That unspoken contract came into question when internal COBRA matters were being aired and Lyanna was raking me over the coals in front of you. Instead of trying to resolve matters, the volume kept escalating and I wasn't about to keep the Royal Guard in the dark about it. My loyalty is to COBRA above all else, therein lay the dilemma between me and Lyanna- but it's whatever at this stage, you guys can make a pariah of me if it suits you. Besides, I only shared things with my own government. Your leader shared things from several governments with a non-allied entity because Tank's personal relationship trumped that of his ties to Boognish. If he had concerns about how we were talking or operating? He certainly didn't make them known or use his own voice to object to what was being discussed. That said, I bear no grudge against Tankobite for this. What's done is done, let both our alliances forge new paths.

2) Don't think I didn't try, I may have a 'gift of speech' as you say but I am only one voice.

3) Maybe if our friends hadn't already turned their back on us but instead voiced concerns about things in favour of sharing classified material without consent? This would not have transpired in such a way. To clarify; this in no way makes the sequence of events right or just. It's just a hindsight observation.

4) That's the plan.

23 minutes ago, Tankobite said:

Should have watched Kelly's Heroes with us 

Maybe I should have done but ultimately [OOC] I was not blessed with a decent enough ISP to stream things consistently for quite some time until recently[/OOC]

15 minutes ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

I think Cobra and Boognish are in great hands and I look forward to seeing all the wonderful things that you guys do in the future. I do wish you the best, I have never said otherwise. Thanks for visiting our treaty thread and I hope to see you in discord soon. 

Indeed they are. I wish them the best at steering the ship and I am sure they will do much better without me at the helm. I kept falling asleep at the wheel anyway and that ain't good for anyone.

Also I'll take what you say at face value with an optimistic hope for your good nature and for the sake of what once was amongst us, feel free to DM me if you want to get in touch at all.

Hey JA, I'd highly recommend you discuss your issues with your alliance's leader, he's really pushed for these grievances to be aired privately instead of in this way.

Good luck in your "retirement" I guess. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by dane0

3 hours ago, dane0 said:

Hey JA, I'd highly recommend you discuss your issues with your alliance's leader, he's really pushed for these grievances to be aired privately instead of in this way.

Good luck in your "retirement" I guess. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well if you have no qualms dane0 you should tell the peanut gallery what's going on. I can't see how it would hurt to let people know so they can make their own judgments of the character of the alliances involved. There was a big fuss earlier this year about not sharing the drama of Bob with everyone, so it might be a good time to lead by doing.

Based on the in-game info it looks like TIE was hit for harboring a spy or some other espionage. Is that correct? 

From what I gather of the NG - COBRA breakup, since then Non Grata had been moving pretty swiftly to engage Boognish.  Could it be that was also a factor and TIE just jumped ship to avoid a war with their friends in Non Grata? Maybe I'm misreading the situation though. Please set the record straight if you can!

35 minutes ago, Tevron said:

Well if you have no qualms dane0 you should tell the peanut gallery what's going on. I can't see how it would hurt to let people know so they can make their own judgments of the character of the alliances involved. There was a big fuss earlier this year about not sharing the drama of Bob with everyone, so it might be a good time to lead by doing.

Based on the in-game info it looks like TIE was hit for harboring a spy or some other espionage. Is that correct? 

From what I gather of the NG - COBRA breakup, since then Non Grata had been moving pretty swiftly to engage Boognish.  Could it be that was also a factor and TIE just jumped ship to avoid a war with their friends in Non Grata? Maybe I'm misreading the situation though. Please set the record straight if you can!

THONK | Tynker
From what I gather of the NG - COBRAsphere break up, since then Non Grata has been moving pretty swiftly to disengage.

Edited by KameraadLenin

1 hour ago, KameraadLenin said:

THONK | Tynker
From what I gather of the NG - COBRAsphere break up, since then Non Grata has been moving pretty swiftly to disengage.

Maybe that's true, maybe not. I'm  hoping NG govt (which might include you?) can enlighten us all about what happened. I can only speculate from what I've heard discussed in back channels and tally the events that have elapsed since then. Stuff like the Kashmir-Polaris cancellation and NG approaching CLAWS for a treaty that would only be in effect against Boognish alliances jump out to me as some of the events that have confused me about this overall situation.

At first I just thought "Oh, trouble in paradise", but it seems like whatever is going on is pretty complicated! I welcome you to let the world know what's going on. It's good to engage the broader community -- to dispel rumors -- even if it is just a bunch of senseless drama.

For the sake of TIE going their way quiet and happy, I'd like to toast for TIE and their 'newfound' allies. Leave the peanut gallery wondering what the hell happened. There's no need to rain on TIE's parade.

What's a TIE afterall? Here’s to those we’ve drunk with, but never can again! 🍻 

39 minutes ago, Kapleo said:

For the sake of TIE going their way quiet and happy, I'd like to toast for TIE and their 'newfound' allies. Leave the peanut gallery wondering what the hell happened. There's no need to rain on TIE's parade. 

I for one have every intention of making a blog post. 

I know things have a carnival atmosphere. But it's honestly kind of a funeral (all good things thread) 

And this announcement is kinda the beginning of the revival of independent TIE FA. 

39 minutes ago, Kapleo said:

What's a TIE afterall? Here’s to those we’ve drunk with, but never can again! 🍻 

Everyone is posing this question lately and I know it's a low bar way of attempting to troll. So much for my happy ending? 😊 it wouldn't be you guys without some trolling.  But the fact is no one can know exactly what a TIE is. 

And this last part is on you honestly. I've already fought Cobra and Kashmir for a year only to start a bloc thing with them. Despite everything I personally don't apply the same limitations or narrow mindedness to you all as I do others  😀

Edited by Lucius Optimus

32 minutes ago, Tevron said:

Maybe that's true, maybe not. I'm  hoping NG govt (which might include you?) can enlighten us all about what happened. I can only speculate from what I've heard discussed in back channels and tally the events that have elapsed since then. Stuff like the Kashmir-Polaris cancellation and NG approaching CLAWS for a treaty that would only be in effect against Boognish alliances jump out to me as some of the events that have confused me about this overall situation.

At first I just thought "Oh, trouble in paradise", but it seems like whatever is going on is pretty complicated! I welcome you to let the world know what's going on. It's good to engage the broader community -- to dispel rumors -- even if it is just a bunch of senseless drama.

You know where to find NG gov on discord if you’re actually curious. We’re not having this discussion on the owf. Boognish and NG have discussed our differences in private. 

1 hour ago, CrinkledStraw said:

Can’t say the same.

FLOOT AND DROOM! 

Heya Crink! Thanks for coming out :)

51 minutes ago, Lucius Optimus said:

I know things have a carnival atmosphere. But it's honestly kind of a funeral (all good things thread) 

And this announcement is kinda the beginning of the revival of independent TIE FA. 

Everyone is posing this question lately and I know it's a low bar way of attempting to troll. So much for my happy ending? 😊 it wouldn't be you guys without some trolling.  But the fact is no one can know exactly what a TIE is. 

And this last part is on you honestly. I've already fought Cobra and Kashmir for a year only to start a bloc thing with them. Despite everything I personally don't apply the same limitations or narrow mindedness to you all as I do others  😀

I look forward to reading your post, as to the last part? I believe your last words to me were along the lines that we were dpne for good. If this isn't the case then I shall have us both a glass of the finest ready for that day.

50 minutes ago, kerschbs said:

You know where to find NG gov on discord if you’re actually curious. We’re not having this discussion on the owf. Boognish and NG have discussed our differences in private. 

Remove-null-checks-and-default-values.gi

From what I gather; the above image sums up how you approached 'discussing differences' (or as I see it; lying and getting away with it)

Out with the truth, or I'll find and address it myself for the public.

45 minutes ago, Lucius Optimus said:

If you feel like entertaining the peanut gallery and making TIE a Hitchcock out of themselves, knock yourself out. I'd advise against it though. It's your call in the end.

45 minutes ago, Lucius Optimus said:

And this last part is on you honestly. I've already fought Cobra and Kashmir for a year only to start a bloc thing with them. Despite everything I personally don't apply the same limitations or narrow mindedness to you all as I do others

😀

I've been wrong before. Maybe you're right, maybe not. So yeah, it's on me for now. You've made your choice. Good luck, Lucius.

45 minutes ago, kerschbs said:

@Tevron, feel free to come fact check whatever you're told. We'll gladly admit whatever is true and call out whatever bs you're fed, if any. We got screens and sh*t.

Edited by Kapleo

24 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

I look forward to reading your post, as to the last part? I believe your last words to me were along the lines that we were dpne for good. If this isn't the case then I shall have us both a glass of the finest ready for that day.

Oh we're done Bobwise for now I'll grant that. And I would definitely approach certain elements with more caution in future. 

My last words to you summed up would be "Come at me". Which I'm sure will be sooner than anyone may expect. 

But until then

29 minutes ago, Kapleo said:

If you feel like entertaining the peanut gallery and making TIE a Hitchcock out of themselves, knock yourself out. I'd advise against it though. It's your call in the end.

I'll write as I wish. It'll be infinitely more interesting and backed up than anything Hitch mumbles about. Since you're associations openly trade and aid with Hitch maybe this is more a reflection on boog than me? 

The world deserves to know how it is that a bloc that was so radically committed to itself for 2 years suddenly ate itself and became a non-factor. 

32 minutes ago, Kapleo said:

I've been wrong before. Maybe you're right, maybe not. So yeah, it's on me for now. You've made your choice. Good luck, Lucius.

You denied us a choice. I already explained this to you . 

3 hours ago, Tevron said:

I honestly don't know what's funnier: you actually being in the peanut gallery for a change, or pretending like refusing to release an entire CB is the same thing as trying to honor a peace accord that both govs are literally still trying to finalize. I do love though that by trying to beat NG over the head with not divulging everything on the OWF as if they're doing it to cover up some nefarious inner schemes, you're implicitly acknowledging that your coalition was just trying to keep everyone in the dark about your CB for the same reason.

42 minutes ago, Kapleo said:

@Tevron, feel free to come fact check whatever you're told. We'll gladly admit whatever is true and call out whatever bs you're fed, if any. We got screens and sh*t.

I can't say I had "openly attempting to form a coalition with the guy that just spent the winter trying to roll your allies" on my 2021 CN bingo card, but this year has been full of surprises!

29 minutes ago, Lucius Optimus said:

Oh we're done Bobwise for now I'll grant that. And I would definitely approach certain elements with more caution in future. 

My last words to you summed up would be "Come at me". Which I'm sure will be sooner than anyone may expect. 

But until then

That's understandable but [OOC] as long as we can remember the game is the game, you're still a pal beyond it as far as I'm concerned- I will find a machine to play video games other than CN and Civ V online one day. [/OOC]

Or maybe it won't be at all. Maybe we let sleeping dogs lie.

21 minutes ago, Lucius Optimus said:

The world deserves to know how it is that a bloc that was so radically committed to itself for 2 years suddenly ate itself and became a non-factor.

Given your absence in Boognish? I'm curious how you would come to know this. By all means, spin a yarn though.

Oh and "Non-factors" don't usually result in alliances going globetrotting to undermine and build a coalition against them to deal with because they're running scared that a potential war with us will yoink their alliance sanction from beneath them.  Maybe that potential for war would've been a lot less likely if some of them hadn't tried to $%&@ with the program via subversive methods and we'd still be allied.....

Come now Lucius, we've both been called irrelevant before and know how meaningless and hollow such sentiments truly are.

29 minutes ago, lilweirdward said:

I honestly don't know what's funnier: you actually being in the peanut gallery for a change, or pretending like refusing to release an entire CB is the same thing as trying to honor a peace accord that both govs are literally still trying to finalize. I do love though that by trying to beat NG over the head with not divulging everything on the OWF as if they're doing it to cover up some nefarious inner schemes, you're implicitly acknowledging that your coalition was just trying to keep everyone in the dark about your CB for the same reason.

I can't say I had "openly attempting to form a coalition with the guy that just spent the winter trying to roll your allies" on my 2021 CN bingo card, but this year has been full of surprises!

I know these talks are being finalized behind closed doors but as a private citizen of COBRA? I'm gonna speak my own brains on this:

Is that a yes on Non Grata asking for CCC's help if it came to war? How many pieces of silver did they offer you? Because your tone comes across as classic deflection.

I bet you considered it too, even though you've been allied to TPF for longer and Non Grata are literally only cosying up to White Team to mess with TPF and diminish their influence. I think someone who definitely isn't government called it a "White Team safari" when trying to kick dirt around and make trouble for them, their name eludes me though...I'm sure it'll come to me.

You were either aware this was their game which makes you terrible allies or you all fell for it hook, line and sinker because all you saw were their greater statistics in a neat little pile, which makes you terrible allies. That's all you're evidently interested in. Once a pixel hugger, always a pixel hugger.

You'll be discarded the moment you become a potential challenge or devoid of purpose. Don't say you weren't warned.

1 hour ago, Lucius Optimus said:

But until then

Lucius, depart in peace. We made our attempt to put things behind us, I won't have TIE being the one to air dirty laundry.

1 hour ago, citizenkane said:

gOOd LucK To bOth aLliAnCes MAy yOUR foRtuNeS Be eXCElLent ANd yOuR nuKEs be hot WiTH yOuR TrAdes fulfilLEd And tEch lUsh

I don't know you, I don't care to know you, but you seem desperate to sniff around my AA--so in the immortal words of Buzz Lightyear

Edited by Tankobite

17 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

I know these talks are being finalized behind closed doors but as a private citizen of COBRA? I'm gonna speak my own brains on this:

I think everyone involved in the talks would prefer if we didn’t do this all over the owf. It really detracts from the “let’s not piss in each other’s Cheerios” vibe we had going on.