Non Grata and The Imperial Entente Holdfast Together

Just now, kerschbs said:

I think everyone involved in the talks would prefer if we didn’t do this all over the owf. It really detracts from the “let’s not piss in each other’s Cheerios” vibe we had going on. 

Sure, but I think you'd prefer it more and are strong-arming to ensure that.

But out of respect and loyalty to my own? I'll pipe down for now for the benefit of their diplomatic effort.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, lilweirdward said:

I honestly don't know what's funnier: you actually being in the peanut gallery for a change, or pretending like refusing to release an entire CB is the same thing as trying to honor a peace accord that both govs are literally still trying to finalize. I do love though that by trying to beat NG over the head with not divulging everything on the OWF as if they're doing it to cover up some nefarious inner schemes, you're implicitly acknowledging that your coalition was just trying to keep everyone in the dark about your CB for the same reason.

I can't say I had "openly attempting to form a coalition with the guy that just spent the winter trying to roll your allies" on my 2021 CN bingo card, but this year has been full of surprises!

I think I've been pretty consistent on the issue; ultimately, it wasn't my call, but I did agree with the logic at the time, especially considering I did not want to turn over private logs of my own chats. For my part, I wasn't even around during the writing or posting of the declaration of war. I think in this instance, posting logs of whatever spying or what have you on the OWF would be unnecessary litigation, but I think knowing what was happening at all would be somewhat useful for everyone at large. For the other readers not involved in this: There has been some drama, some OOC, some IC, that is the cause of the issue here. Both parties are working to resolve it and it doesn't seem to be sparking a conflict.

In retrospect, for what it's worth, I don't expect I'll be involved in a DoW without posting logs ever again -- live and learn! I'd say that I wasn't beating NG over their head at all here though, and I'm not sure how you got that impression from me. Additionally, Thrash and Stewie have both been receptive and informative in their conversations with me. Neither has seemed to feel personally attacked by me and both have shown sufficient grace that befits their respective stations. It improved my opinion of the both of them.

My post in this thread was meant to elucidate some of this situation since like most things in CN, it is being broadly misrepresented everywhere. There is always some form of hypocrisy present in this world and if I am one too, then perhaps it would be wise for you to follow your proclaimed faith and not point at the specks in my eyes, but to turn inwards. We are, after all, all sinners and should strive to be better individuals, living in truth and standing against injustice. If I have wronged you in some way, approach me via direct message so that I may ask for your forgiveness. I do not see the need for a hostile manner when NG has nicely responded to me and addressed my concerns.

In this particular case, I was genuinely unsure of who was just, unjust and what was true or not. I've taken a cue from the posters of the past in addressing my concerns here -- in fact I was inspired by the direct confrontation with KoRT's racist, absolutely trash-tier member -- since I have noted that this tends to be a more direct way to gather the information sought out, even if it sometimes does result in people attempting to mock me for caring.

Taking Krabs advice, I have, as of about two hours ago, put myself into contact with Stewie to learn more about the truth of the situation. We've talked about it at length and I'm satisfied with most of his answers. Additionally, I spoke to the Emperor of Polaris about what I perceived as a Non Grata move in gearing up toward war against Boognish, and am satisfied that their reasons for cancelling Kashmir are their own and they were not put into any politically precarious position by their ally. It is my perception that both sides of the divide were firmly of the belief that the other was gearing up against them and put their own alliances on high alert. Probably, much of this situation is overblown. Definitely, it is always worth it to be inquisitive when you're uncertain rather than speculate ad nauseam. I hope that though the alliances relations may be damaged that the friendships will one day be mended.

On the topic of this thread, Congratulations to TIE and Non Grata on their treaty!

28 minutes ago, Tankobite said:

I don't know you, I don't care to know you, but you seem desperate to sniff around my AA--so in the immortal words of Buzz Lightyear

I mean, I'm just wishing you all the best Tank, if you want to call me sad and strange for doing that, crack on. 

Just now, citizenkane said:

I mean, I'm just wishing you all the best Tank, if you want to call me sad and strange for doing that, crack on. 

Matthew 10:36 

And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Just now, Tankobite said:

Matthew 10:36 

I don't know what your issue is with me. 

Your enemies lie not within the person you are aiming at with these quotes, but much much closer to home. 

Again, Sir, best wishes for the future, and may your alliance be powerful and productive.

AdolescentShamefulArmyant-size_restricte

mfw reading.

Let's try keep a positive post in positive response please, I read much of the dictionary in order to attempt to resolve things, no step on snek progress or speak badly of TIE or NG, regardless what happened or incidents that have happened. It's in the past now. We live today!

I'd once more like to congratulate the both of you for the sea path you've joined together. Fighting the British can be.. Problematic at times I think. I think we're still salty about the tea. ;)

To a bright future!

Just now, mochi said:

AdolescentShamefulArmyant-size_restricte

mfw reading.

Let's try keep a positive post in positive response please, I read much of the dictionary in order to attempt to resolve things, no step on snek progress or speak badly of TIE or NG, regardless what happened or incidents that have happened. It's in the past now. We live today!

I'd once more like to congratulate the both of you for the sea path you've joined together. Fighting the British can be.. Problematic at times I think. I think we're still salty about the tea. ;)

To a bright future!

Apologies my liege. I did not intend to cause you a nuisance.

To the future o7

30 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

I know these talks are being finalized behind closed doors but as a private citizen of COBRA? I'm gonna speak my own brains on this:

Is that a yes on Non Grata asking for CCC's help if it came to war? How many pieces of silver did they offer you? Because your tone comes across as classic deflection.

I bet you considered it too, even though you've been allied to TPF for longer and Non Grata are literally only cosying up to White Team to mess with TPF and diminish their influence. I think someone who definitely isn't government called it a "White Team safari" when trying to kick dirt around and make trouble for them, their name eludes me though...I'm sure it'll come to me.

You were either aware this was their game which makes you terrible allies or you all fell for it hook, line and sinker because all you saw were their greater statistics in a neat little pile, which makes you terrible allies. That's all you're evidently interested in. Once a pixel hugger, always a pixel hugger.

You'll be discarded the moment you become a potential challenge or devoid of purpose. Don't say you weren't warned.

Do you actually believe any of what you just said, or are you so far down the rabbit hole that you need to throw anything and everything you can think of at someone who has tried to be friendly to you, even while KoRT was actively trying to help get you rolled, just to see what sticks?

I'll help you out in case it really is the former: we signed a treaty with NG because they came and broke bread with us, and genuinely have been friendly and welcoming of us into their community while encouraging us to continue building ours. This is Bob and politics are ever changing, and I don't pretend to be nearly wise or cunning enough to be ahead of every curve, but my motto has always been to befriend people that I actually get along with because it makes defending them a lot easier.

5 minutes ago, lilweirdward said:

Do you actually believe any of what you just said, or are you so far down the rabbit hole that you need to throw anything and everything you can think of at someone who has tried to be friendly to you, even while KoRT was actively trying to help get you rolled, just to see what sticks?

I'll help you out in case it really is the former: we signed a treaty with NG because they came and broke bread with us, and genuinely have been friendly and welcoming of us into their community while encouraging us to continue building ours. This is Bob and politics are ever changing, and I don't pretend to be nearly wise or cunning enough to be ahead of every curve, but my motto has always been to befriend people that I actually get along with because it makes defending them a lot easier.

To be fair, I'm not a religious man and I like Lutheran Satire, so I can appreciate the treaty

Edited by Tankobite

Just now, lilweirdward said:

I was merely curious at your pointed zeal towards Tevron's speculation and pursuit of some form of truth to be made public. I did not mean to offend for am I am in the dark on this matter, so yes I suppose I was throwing things around in frustruation to see what stuck because I have been given little else.

My apologies LWW. As my King has made clear; the past is the past. There is only the future now.

52 minutes ago, kerschbs said:

I think everyone involved in the talks would prefer if we didn’t do this all over the owf. It really detracts from the “let’s not piss in each other’s Cheerios” vibe we had going on. 

But that's my favorite flavor. Salty like tears.

37 minutes ago, Tevron said:

Taking Krabs advice, I have, as of about two hours ago, put myself into contact with Stewie to learn more about the truth of the situation. We've talked about it at length and I'm satisfied with most of his answers. Additionally, I spoke to the Emperor of Polaris about what I perceived as a Non Grata move in gearing up toward war against Boognish, and am satisfied that their reasons for cancelling Kashmir are their own and they were not put into any politically precarious position by their ally. It is my perception that both sides of the divide were firmly of the belief that the other was gearing up against them and put their own alliances on high alert. Probably, much of this situation is overblown. Definitely, it is always worth it to be inquisitive when you're uncertain rather than speculate ad nauseam. I hope that though the alliances relations may be damaged that the friendships will one day be mended.

I can definitely agree with this!

7 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

I was merely curious at your pointed zeal towards Tevron's speculation and pursuit of some form of truth to be made public. I did not mean to offend for am I am in the dark on this matter, so yes I suppose I was throwing things around in frustruation to see what stuck because I have been given little else.

My apologies LWW. As my King has made clear; the past is the past. There is only the future now.

I appreciate the apology, sincerely. I am always happy to put the past behind us and look towards a brighter future. Hopefully with a little time we can get back to building friendly relations again :) 

3 hours ago, Lucius Optimus said:

I'll write as I wish. It'll be infinitely more interesting and backed up than anything Hitch mumbles about. Since you're associations openly trade and aid with Hitch maybe this is more a reflection on boog than me? 

The world deserves to know how it is that a bloc that was so radically committed to itself for 2 years suddenly ate itself and became a non-factor. 

Well maybe learn from Hitchcock's mistakes or you'll end up needing this treaty sooner than later.

3 hours ago, Lucius Optimus said:

You denied us a choice. I already explained this to you.

Keep telling yourself that. You allowed your minds be poisoned against your very allies and started working for the very people who poisoned your minds. Same as they have been poisoning the minds of everyone close to us even trying to make us turn against each other. Choice was yours all along, you didn't need our permission to decide. I can do this all day, Lucius. We should just go back to the cheers and congratulations and keep it there.

5 hours ago, Tevron said:

NG approaching CLAWS for a treaty

Lol, well this is interesting 

@Jason8 @mochi 

3 hours ago, lilweirdward said:

I can't say I had "openly attempting to form a coalition with the guy that just spent the winter trying to roll your allies" on my 2021 CN bingo card, but this year has been full of surprises!

Your words only speak of how deeply poisoned your mind is right now. I have no words for you, others have clearly given you enough of those. Interpret my silence and let your mind be the judge of what it means. 

Edited by Kapleo

2 hours ago, Tankobite said:

And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Preach, brother.  Anyways, congratulations for the treaty! Best wishes from the very bottom of my heart. 

Edited by Kapleo