Two Betrayals DoW

AL Bundy

1 minute ago, Caustic said:

Yo @AL Bundy, genuine curiosity. Did you ever follow through with clause 3? Or is this just an IRON/NPO led farce to never let NG grow again. Asking for a friend.

As far as I'm aware, the NAP extension lapsed on the 1st of January, so fulfilling Clause 3 was not a legal requirement.

Frankly, I do find myself disappointed that this was not done anyway, but I was only the drafter of the NAP, not MoFA. The powers that be have their reasoning.

In any case, good luck and have fun, all. When the ashes clear, may we try yet another NAP?

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Levonscott said:

In any case, good luck and have fun, all. When the ashes clear, may we try yet another NAP?

Why would anyone do that in good faith only to repeat the cycle? 

1 minute ago, Levonscott said:

As far as I'm aware, the NAP extension lapsed on the 1st of January, so fulfilling Clause 3 was not a legal requirement.

Frankly, I do find myself disappointed that this was not done anyway, but I was only the drafter of the NAP, not MoFA. The powers that be have their reasoning.

Yea somehow I don’t see that happening friend. NAPs are pretty much useless, as shown here. 

Let's be real. There is no CB, just a vague allegation of "nefarious activity." The reality is that NPO/IRON saw our stat gains and slot usage and decided to pre-emptively hamstring us before we could become a problem someday in some vague future event. Idk. Nothing else plausible from where I'm sitting. 

Enjoy the nukes, we'll be at this as long as you want, just like last time :)

10 minutes ago, Levonscott said:

Then why were the other clauses used as casus belli if it expired 1 Jan?

Will RFI-Oculus enunciate the actual grievances or are can we dispense with the illusion that they matter? 

Edited by Tankobite
subject verb agreement

Just now, Caustic said:

Let's be real. There is no CB, just a vague allegation of "nefarious activity." The reality is that NPO/IRON saw our stat gains and slot usage and decided to pre-emptively hamstring us before we could become a problem someday in some vague future event. Idk. Nothing else plausible from where I'm sitting. 

Enjoy the nukes, we'll be at this as long as you want, just like last time :)

This.

Seems to me that Cobra got bundled in as a pre-empt to stop us either countering or remaining on the sidelines and because they couldn't get the job done in one go last time round.

9 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Maybe you'd be less bored if you fought an opponent of equal or greater strength. I know that isn't something that the people of IRON are very familiar with though.

Well, you played Dangerous games, you won Dangerous prizes. Bigger alliances don't do the things you guys do. I don't know what to tell you. 

4 minutes ago, Tankobite said:

Then why were the other clauses used as casus belli if it expired 1 Jan?

Will RFI-Oculus enunciate the actual grievances or are can we dispense with the illusion that they matter? 

It is my understanding that material was uncovered that demonstrates breaches of those other clauses, that occured during the duration of the NAP. However, these were not discovered until after the NAP expired, on the 1st of January.

Thus, as I said, I feel (at least for NG), Clause 3 should have been utilised - even if the NAP had expired - since they occured during that time. From a strictly legal sense, however...?

Just now, Robert2424 said:

Well, you played Dangerous games, you won Dangerous prizes. Bigger alliances don't do the things you guys do. I don't know what to tell you. 

I'll take the Dangerous Prizes over a life of tepid inertia any day.

You're right, big alliances don't do what we do:

• You don't set yourself challenges, you pick an easy target because you are lazy.
  • You don't dare test your ability or play realpolitik with any actual stakes, you sit and hoard pixels in fear that someone might have more than you one day
  • You have all the charm and charisma of political mist; no style and no substance.

1 minute ago, Levonscott said:

It is my understanding that material was uncovered that demonstrates breaches of those other clauses, that occured during the duration of the NAP. However, these were not discovered until after the NAP expired, on the 1st of January.

Thus, as I said, I feel (at least for NG), Clause 3 should have been utilised - even if the NAP had expired - since they occured during that time. From a strictly legal sense, however...?

So, at what point will these grievances be disclosed? Surely your allies told you why they're asking you to fight?

1 minute ago, Tankobite said:

What are those things exactly? Because I see big alliances go to war on flimsy pretexts all the time.

Attack and spy alliances that have friends and expect no retaliation. Especially when the friends are bigger or equal size to them, and then point out how outnumbered they are after they are in over there head. 

Attack and spy alliances that have friends and expect no retaliation. Especially when the friends are bigger or equal size to them, and then point out how outnumbered they are after they are in over there head. 

Yeah, I think you're missing what's being asked here. We understand what the accusations are, we're asking for evidence to verify your claims.

[citation needed]

So, will you demonstrate these cases? Surely it would make your CB not look like a joke to have included them in it?

But I'm afraid you're just demonstrating that Johnny's point is correct. IRON and other large alliances are terrified of actually playing the game against peer AAs

1 minute ago, darkfox said:

I too own a dictionary. 

No words in that sentence should require someone to look them up in a dictionary. Unless, perhaps they're ESL, which is naturally understandable. My hat is off to anyone who converses fluently in a language other than their mother tongue.

8 minutes ago, Levonscott said:

We used to dump logs with CB's to actually prove intent, but like I said in my prior post. This is a pre-empt from RON/NPO against us for unknown reasons. It is what it is, CN at it's finest. 

1 minute ago, Tankobite said:

No words in that sentence should require someone to look them up in a dictionary. Unless, perhaps they're ESL, which is naturally understandable. My hat is off to anyone who converses fluently in a language other than their mother tongue.

Do you need a hug?