(Asking for) Information on FTW

jerdge

Hello!

Before you read below and/or post to reply please note that this is a request for information from an out of character point of view.

I've been very out of the loop and really not caring about CN politics for several years (a few of which I hadn't an active nation), and I now see that there's a lot of activity around FTW, i.e. the Freehold of The Wolves. I am curious about them and I don't know how I could or should interact with them (if at all) in game (in this sense this inquiry has one IC aspect as well).

My confused and incomplete (and maybe incorrect) knowledge of the FTW is that they are the result of alliance mergers, that their history (this far) involved several wars with so-called "micros" (small alliances), that they're part of the RFI bloc (with Legion, GATO, Claws?... Who else has been part of it?), that they're currently at war with COBRA and Non Grata (and...?) What is their relationship with Oculus? Their FA ties?

I'll be grateful to anyone that can enjoy provide explanations or tell stories about them and their history.

(If some want just to post jokes and factoids, well, by any means please do! Jokes are funny, jokes are good...)

3 minutes ago, jerdge said:

Hello!

Before you read below and/or post to reply please note that this is a request for information from an out of character point of view.

I've been very out of the loop and really not caring about CN politics for several years (a few of which I hadn't an active nation), and I now see that there's a lot of activity around FTW, i.e. the Freehold of The Wolves. I am curious about them and I don't know how I could or should interact with them (if at all) in game (in this sense this inquiry has one IC aspect as well).

My confused and incomplete (and maybe incorrect) knowledge of the FTW is that they are the result of alliance mergers, that their history (this far) involved several wars with so-called "micros" (small alliances), that they're part of the RFI bloc (with Legion, GATO, Claws?... Who else has been part of it?), that they're currently at war with COBRA and Non Grata (and...?) What is their relationship with Oculus? Their FA ties?

I'll be grateful to anyone that can enjoy provide explanations or tell stories about them and their history.

(If some want just to post jokes and factoids, well, by any means please do! Jokes are funny, jokes are good...)

Remember Junka? and his side kick Galerion? SNX merged into FTW and took up leadership positions.

This explains why they are currently fighting without soldiers and trying to win the war by boring us all to death.  

The original FTW has a long history, unfortunately it’s mainly of mediocracy, earning them the title ‘For The Win’. I would argue that in their earlier days they were more revered, specifically when they were in FEAR with NEW.

Those days FTW is not today’s FTW, much different all the way up to the leadership.

FTWs relationship with Oculus is the outer ring, it’s under most assertions that Canik was intrigued with Ghost’s anti-Oculus strategy and ultimately denied the accusations once Ghost got caught. What we see today with RFI is a C&G that has an agenda, it’s why they don’t want to sacrifice their pixels against NG and cause some back channel treaties to blow up in smoke.

The reason people do not like FTW is because Canik is a Sycophant. He threw NEW under the bus (an alliance they still had a treaty with) by publicly declaring to remain neutral in the Kaskus/SPTR/Mongols conflict only to delete his post a few weeks later and piggy back with oculus. He likes easy wars against unconnected alliances. This was proven when he tried to get a coalition rolling against FAN and his feeling towards NEW after the war.

To compound his already unpopular stance, he chose to stick his neck out late in CN and suck up all of the remaining active trash, ie Isx and animalz, to then brag about being the number 4 largest alliance.

RFI spent months publicly instigating and  fighting Cobra and now that NG is involved Canik is hiding under a rock, it’s safe to say his CN career is up in smoke.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

2 hours ago, jerdge said:

I am curious about them and I don't know how I could or should interact with them (if at all) in game (in this sense this inquiry has one IC aspect as well).

FTW has a public discord. If you would like an invite, you can talk to us and our allies there. Lord Hitchcock and other voices of dissent are also active there as well. Its probably the best method to answer any questions you may have. :)

Edited by BMK812

8 hours ago, jerdge said:

Hello!

Thankfully @jerdge has been around long enough to know to take the word of alliance members currently at war with the alliance you are asking about with a grain of salt.  

FTW is a merger of a few alliances and later they absored a few others, including Super Nova X (SNX) who was an ally.  SNX was not that popular because it was previously lead by Junka.  

I am personally not sure why GK and Canik have a bad history but they do.  These days there are not a lot of new nations around so in my opinion if an alliance can grow via mergers and having other alliances join theirs, good for that alliance.  Come to think of it, this was popular at least as far back as 2008 when I had my first small alliance.  We were constantly getting offers to move in with some other group.  

The members of RFI are CLAWS, FTW, GATO, The Legion and Argent.  

FTW , in adfition to RFI, has treaty ties to IRON, ODN and LOSS.  I am probably missing a few more.  Feel free to jump on the FTW discord.

Edited by White Chocolate
Update

All this is is the typical rogues starting drama as usual. Kashmir, GK, Terminator, all the usual suspects plus some Non Grata has-beens. 

Eventually Term will try to get Polar to bail him out, NGers will go inactive and the GK crowd will harass 5k NS once every couple weeks but otherwise be irrelevant.

26 minutes ago, The Zigur said:

All this is is the typical rogues starting drama as usual. Kashmir, GK, Terminator, all the usual suspects plus some Non Grata has-beens. 

Eventually Term will try to get Polar to bail him out, NGers will go inactive and the GK crowd will harass 5k NS once every couple weeks but otherwise be irrelevant.

You hope.

1 hour ago, White Chocolate said:

Thankfully @jerdge has been around long enough to know to take the word of alliance members currently at war with the alliance you are asking about with a grain of salt.  

FTW is a merger of a few alliances and later they absored a few others, including Super Nova X (SNX) who was an ally.  SNX was not that popular because it was previously lead by Junka.  

I am personally not sure why GK and Canik have a bad history but they do.  These days there are not a lot of new nations around so in my opinion if an alliance can grow via mergers and having other alliances join theirs, good for that alliance.  Come to think of it, this was popular at least as far back as 2008 when I had my first small alliance.  We were constantly getting offers to move in with some other group.  

The members of RFI are CLAWS, FTW, GATO, The Legion and Argent.  

FTW , in adfition to RFI, has treaty ties to IRON, ODN and LOSS.  I am probably missing a few more.  Feel free to jump on the FTW discord.

Posting between hitting that crack pipe I see.

I have little respect for them because they selectively enforce their mutual defense clause. When TIE and Cobra went to war with FTW, everyone in RFI hit us. When Kashmir, SRA, and now NG hit them, they've been silent.

4 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

I am personally not sure why GK and Canik have a bad history but they do.  

APRIL, 2018 https://cybernations.fandom.com/wiki/FTW-Kashmir_War

-NpO, NoR, and others launch dozens of wars against SNX.

-Kashmir launches a handful of attacks (also at the request of NpO).

-FTW bravely defend their allies by attacking only Kashmir.

-Canik decides I am his lifelong enemy after I call him out for cherry picking and counter his AA with my own irrelevant forces.

MAY, 2018

-Harry Yanwar gains seat on Brown Team and removes sanctions placed on rogues attacking COBRA, GATO, and NPO.

-Sanction War begins.

-I approached pre-CLAWS gov asking for assistance with the rogue (OOC- I was in the hospital IRL) and Canik convinced them not to back me because of some things I said to an FTW member in private.

SEPTEMBER, 2018 https://cybernations.fandom.com/wiki/Interstellar_Wolf_with_Claws_War

-FTW launches an aggressive 2-month occupation of COBRA after Canik was triggered over a comment I made in the Kashmir Discord Server.

-CLAWS and SNX bandwagon in an attempt to draw out Kashmir (and THEIR allies).

Edited by General Kanabis

16 hours ago, jerdge said:

Hello!

My out of character description,

History-

FTW is a white team alliance made up of FEAR/Wolfpack/BFF/The Freehold/Animalz/ISX nations. Our membership is as varied as the alliances that formed it.

Culture-

Probably as varied as the alliances that make it up. While large in size, the mood and mindset is very middle sized alliance. 

FA- 

More drawn to our connections than actual political value. RFI was less a politically motivated move as it was a formalization of established friendships. With a nod to the gamer community that exists within.

On 7/30/2019 at 12:14 AM, The Zigur said:

Emphasis mine.

I know nothing about FTW or any other alliance or their connections and I don't much care. I'm only commenting because the insinuation that anyone is relevant to anything anymore is hilarious. The lack of dynamism in this game renders everyone and everything irrelevant. It's why no one can win a war. At one time people in our situation (I'm in Kashmir) would be desperate for peace so we could rebuild and re position ready for the next war. Now the only disadvantage to being at war is the obligation to log in everyday, it's tedious.  

10 hours ago, Sabcat said:

Emphasis mine.

I know nothing about FTW or any other alliance or their connections and I don't much care. I'm only commenting because the insinuation that anyone is relevant to anything anymore is hilarious. The lack of dynamism in this game renders everyone and everything irrelevant. It's why no one can win a war. At one time people in our situation (I'm in Kashmir) would be desperate for peace so we could rebuild and re position ready for the next war. Now the only disadvantage to being at war is the obligation to log in everyday, it's tedious.  

You're not wrong, but this is a game design flaw more than anything. People are rewarded for collecting taxes and buying tech. I opted to empire-build and fight micro wars for years, and I got cut off and bankrupted in the end.

Ultimately I ended up putting my energy into another realm which rewards effort over laziness. That might be the only rational solution barring admin fixing the game.

Edited by The Zigur

On 7/29/2019 at 7:14 PM, The Zigur said:

You think this, but actually it's been good for the place. Lots of people have awoke, AAs have changed. Breath of new life.

15 hours ago, The Zigur said:

You're not wrong, but this is a game design flaw more than anything. People are rewarded for collecting taxes and buying tech. I opted to empire-build and fight micro wars for years, and I got cut off and bankrupted in the end.

Ultimately I ended up putting my energy into another realm which rewards effort over laziness. That might be the only rational solution barring admin fixing the game.

It's more than that, not even the tech numbers matter, nothing matters. Sure, the stunted game mechanics are the root of it but we're beyond even caring about that. 

The game mechanics don't stop people from "awakening" (as Thrash put it above) but they render in-game efforts meaningless.

The game at this point is inherently pointless because it basically sabotaged itself through its bias in favour of seniority (not irrelevantly, in favour of senior cheaters, too). Those that still enjoy playing it are doing so by ignoring its faults, mostly by intentionally staying in the ranges where its mentioned shortcomings don't exert their full effect.

It's a very stupid way of managing a game, but the game admin doesn't care and he hasn't been caring for the better part of the last ten years... I don't even know why we're recurrently just mentioning the issue at all. It's boredom, I guess.

(Be it clear that I don't anyway blame Kevin: he created a great game which has always been for free, he can do with it what the freak he wants to. I just think that what he did has also been partially stupid and I'm simply saying so... But no blame on my part.)

29 minutes ago, jerdge said:

The game mechanics don't stop people from "awakening" (as Thrash put it above) but they render in-game efforts meaningless.

The game at this point is inherently pointless because it basically sabotaged itself through its bias in favour of seniority (not irrelevantly, in favour of senior cheaters, too). Those that still enjoy playing it are doing so by ignoring its faults, mostly by intentionally staying in the ranges where its mentioned shortcomings don't exert their full effect.

It's a very stupid way of managing a game, but the game admin doesn't care and he hasn't been caring for the better part of the last ten years... I don't even know why we're recurrently just mentioning the issue at all. It's boredom, I guess.

(Be it clear that I don't anyway blame Kevin: he created a great game which has always been for free, he can do with it what the freak he wants to. I just think that what he did has also been partially stupid and I'm simply saying so... But no blame on my part.)

Kevin and us are here for the very same initial reason: anger against *CENSORED* :D

Big difference being that Kevin created a whole great game, while we simply founded a nation within his game.

This kind of reason can be a quite powerful motivation at the beginning, but then it fades, quite fast.

Vampir.

On 7/29/2019 at 3:43 PM, ericsw said:

Remember Junka? and his side kick Galerion? SNX merged into FTW and took up leadership positions.

This explains why they are currently fighting without soldiers and trying to win the war by boring us all to death.

If you don't want to be bored, you have just to buy some infrastructures, to the point of at least doubling your actual nation strenght.

;)

Vampir.

19 minutes ago, Greatest Mothers said:

If you don't want to be bored, you have just to buy some infrastructures, to the point of at least doubling your actual nation strenght.

;)

Vampir.

You are hiding in PM go back to your cave, you have no right to talk about war coward

6 hours ago, jerdge said:

Worth pointing out that the people "awakening" collected taxes and bought tech for years. Aside from a handful of clever fighters like cubaquerida, no one in the supertier got there by fighting constantly.

Edited by The Zigur

14 minutes ago, The Zigur said:

Worth pointing out that the people "awakening" collected taxes and bought tech for years. Aside from a handful of clever fighters like cubaquerida, no one in the supertier got there by fighting constantly.

Some people "awakening" did, some did not, at any rate the point is whether the game mechanics are or not good for the game, not whether the players are or not justified in using the game mechanics to their own advantage (question which obviously has an obvious answer).

About the rest of your post, please go check Jerel's nation history  on Carnivore and ask yourself why they lost about 60k tech levels on April 6th (hint), whether the illicit tech dealers involved "might" have sent tech to other nations, and what other nations might have been specifically involved, how much further illicit tech might have gone undetected, how much tech and land was robbed from other nations and/or destroyed in other competing nations thanks to that much illicit tech... Then come back here and say again with a straight face that it's all about "cleverness".

As to how this is relevant to the game having been rendered pointless, I'll add that the illicit tech removed from Jerel only is more than the overall tech ever possessed by almost every other nation in this game (and not "just" the 90% or 99%, the 99.9+%).

To quote Admin himself, cases where tech received from multis number in the thousands and at that level should no longer constitute a grey area, the recipient knew what they were up to. Still, at least some of them have never been really held accountable, despite assurances to the contrary.

In a distorted way, nothing is true, everything is permitted, but you're there blaming those that committed to the honest building of their nations for years. It's amazing, really.

On 8/2/2019 at 5:28 PM, Terminator said:

You are hiding in PM go back to your cave, you have no right to talk about war coward

For the third time my answer to you is: "kiss my butt".

And I say again to ericsw:

On 8/2/2019 at 5:08 PM, Greatest Mothers said: