Jump to content
Ivan Moldavi

Quasi-Imperial Statement from the New Sith Order

Recommended Posts

Bring out more history. I'm getting enough nostalgia to almost make me feel my legs. Or what might be my legs. I don't know. Haven't moved in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Mogar said:

At the time before GW2, CDS(who was firmly in the league, along with NAAC, GATO and LUE) was holding discussions with Legion and ODN, who at the time essentially only held anything higher than a PIAT with one another, the southern web realized it was likely that NPO was seeking revenge for the loss of GW1 and the additional strength of Legion/ODN, (Orrple) would have meant a different outcome of GW2, though AirMe's stupidity in not launching nukes also contributed quite a bit to the loss as well. I could go digging through archives if you'd like more details.

I feel it's incredibly disingenuous to act as though Orrple was not warned ahead of time that if they did not fight alongside us, they'd be the next ones to get rolled. Legion sat by and watched the league get rolled and by the time GW3 rolled around Legion's numbers were heavily inflated with what amounted to ghosts and led to their numbers falling by about 2/3rds in the 2-3 weeks they fought in GW3.

I remember those days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda fitting that the NSO disbandment thread turned into a trollfest. Celebration of history or happy accident?

 

I wish everyone a speedy flight out of CN and into more productive things in life.

Edited by Master Holton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2017 at 7:33 AM, Ivan Moldavi said:

Oh, I think you have (yet again) misunderstood.

 

First, you contradict yourself.  Was I a 'legend' or was I forgotten?  It can't actually be both.

 

Second, and this is the important bit, I don't care.

 

If the game is faltering and dying, why would it matter if someone comes back and makes a post?  Logically, how is it even possible that having someone create a nation is the 'reason' for the downfall of the game?  That doesn't make any sense.

 

Further, how is it logical that people like myself, who actively contributed to the development of this game in many more ways than just alliance announcements, are the reason?  Again, you make no sense.

 

Regardless, it's important to remember what I said above: I don't care.

Yet you care enough to make a reply, and to state twice you do not care, who are you trying to convince with that?, They say when someone always claim they do not care it is simply to hide the fact that they do, Also yes legends can be forgotten in time, again you do not care so what does it matter yet you had taken the time to point it out. Also how have you ever contributed to the development of this game when you clearly do not care, how can someone actively promote better game play when they do not care.

Welcome back Ivan, once a jackass always a jackass and a jackass you shall remain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Caliph said:

I remember those days

It's really unfortunate nobody in government in any of the alliances that make up a majority of the NS left in our world wish to actually contribute to more storylines for this place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, since Devialance is a !@#$% and just crapshoots his good for nothing ass on things rather than doing things himself I will intervene.

 

This thread is great, it's taking a historical turn and it includes legendary Ivan.

 

So here I ask old timers (and Ivan):

 

It's my understanding that Ivan was a Co-founder of NPO, him along with like 11? other people and he also served as emperor there at one point. Of course NAAC was the threat at the time on blue and I understand that Ivan was a backbone architect of forming Polaris on blue as a counter to NAAC.

 

This is where my history becomes fuzzy, eventually somehow and someway Polaris ended being ran by NAAC (to an extent). Something happened there where the very people Polar was formed to counter ended up becoming Polar itself. Was this why the orders split in the first place? Was Ivan's failure to bring them back together the reason for his departure?

 

And so I ask, Ivan took a break and eventually came back and formed NSO. But why? He certainly had leverage in either of his former two white knight alliances, so what was the purpose of creating NSO? I am certain it partly played into him not being leader, but I would wager he had more stake in Polaris (as it was more solo his credit) than Pacifica (as his founding of the aa sits alongside 11? others). Ivan takes pride in banding together misfits, was it really what he wanted or really only what he had left to work with?

 

Was there ever a thought to link the three orders? Was it a middle finger to his first two alliances?

 

Ivan- old timers- what am I missing here?

 

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, on many occasions there were efforts to link all three orders together. However, it never came to pass since no more than two orders could get along with each other at one time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is inherently that alliances should never form long term relationships, by doing so you are contributing to stagnation, and thus death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I (as Count da Silva) joined NSO a short time after it was founded, it was my first Order and I was fresh off the NPO EZI list. I had the sense it was intended to be more of an experiment tham the first two Orders; the first two Orders were essentially drawing upon a core membership from the world Pacifica invaded from.

 

NSO by contrast was a mish mash of individuals from across planet bob who joined for alot of different reasons, sort of like Vox Populi.

 

I made a video as a member (yes at the time I embraced a more barbarian identity):

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Rebel Virginia said:

Yes, on many occasions there were efforts to link all three orders together. However, it never came to pass since no more than two orders could get along with each other at one time.

 

*sighs deeply*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Devialance said:

Yet you care enough to make a reply, and to state twice you do not care, who are you trying to convince with that?, They say when someone always claim they do not care it is simply to hide the fact that they do, Also yes legends can be forgotten in time, again you do not care so what does it matter yet you had taken the time to point it out. Also how have you ever contributed to the development of this game when you clearly do not care, how can someone actively promote better game play when they do not care.

Welcome back Ivan, once a jackass always a jackass and a jackass you shall remain.

It took me approximately 20 seconds to read your response, and ten to type this.

 

No care needed.

 

Also, I've never claimed to be otherwise.

 

EDIT: regarding my contributions to this game...do a little research - maybe look up Moderation on the old forums.

Edited by Ivan Moldavi
Some clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

Well, since Devialance is a !@#$% and just crapshoots his good for nothing ass on things rather than doing things himself I will intervene.

 

This thread is great, it's taking a historical turn and it includes legendary Ivan.

 

So here I ask old timers (and Ivan):

 

It's my understanding that Ivan was a Co-founder of NPO, him along with like 11? other people and he also served as emperor there at one point. Of course NAAC was the threat at the time on blue and I understand that Ivan was a backbone architect of forming Polaris on blue as a counter to NAAC.

 

This is where my history becomes fuzzy, eventually somehow and someway Polaris ended being ran by NAAC (to an extent). Something happened there where the very people Polar was formed to counter ended up becoming Polar itself. Was this why the orders split in the first place? Was Ivan's failure to bring them back together the reason for his departure?

 

And so I ask, Ivan took a break and eventually came back and formed NSO. But why? He certainly had leverage in either of his former two white knight alliances, so what was the purpose of creating NSO? I am certain it partly played into him not being leader, but I would wager he had more stake in Polaris (as it was more solo his credit) than Pacifica (as his founding of the aa sits alongside 11? others). Ivan takes pride in banding together misfits, was it really what he wanted or really only what he had left to work with?

 

Was there ever a thought to link the three orders? Was it a middle finger to his first two alliances?

 

Ivan- old timers- what am I missing here?

 

I was the first Emperor of the NPO here.  I was elected.  I founded Polar and was the first Emperor there.  After GW1 and overseeing the rebuilding of the NPO to the top spot in the game I resigned as Emperor.  For Polar, I passed it to Tygaland early on because I didn't have time to run both effectively.

 

NSO was an experiment that was meant to pull together people that were traditionally oppositional to the NPO and/or Polar and indoctrinate them to my way of thinking.  It was not meant to be subservient to any other alliance, but was meant to be friendly to the other two for the most part.  It was designed to be something different than the others and different from most of the rest of CN.  By and large the structures I started with have remained in place even if the friendliness between the three faltered at points.

 

Polar eventually came to include active NAAC people because they needed somewhere to go when their alliance failed.  That happens often in CN, or at least it used to.  No one who eventually controlled Polar was secretly a NAAC sleeper or anything, they had all adjusted to the Order.

 

The same can be said for the NPO and NSO.  Some of the Emperors/Empresses were once people that fought against the Orders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ivan Moldavi said:

I was the first Emperor of the NPO here.  I was elected.  I founded Polar and was the first Emperor there.  After GW1 and overseeing the rebuilding of the NPO to the top spot in the game I resigned as Emperor.  For Polar, I passed it to Tygaland early on because I didn't have time to run both effectively.

 

NSO was an experiment that was meant to pull together people that were traditionally oppositional to the NPO and/or Polar and indoctrinate them to my way of thinking.  It was not meant to be subservient to any other alliance, but was meant to be friendly to the other two for the most part.  It was designed to be something different than the others and different from most of the rest of CN.  By and large the structures I started with have remained in place even if the friendliness between the three faltered at points.

 

Polar eventually came to include active NAAC people because they needed somewhere to go when their alliance failed.  That happens often in CN, or at least it used to.  No one who eventually controlled Polar was secretly a NAAC sleeper or anything, they had all adjusted to the Order.

 

The same can be said for the NPO and NSO.  Some of the Emperors/Empresses were once people that fought against the Orders.

 

 

My history is funny here, so forgive me if I'm incorrect, wasn't it your doctrine that caused Pacifica to get steam rolled?

 

I mention this as a double edged sword... was pacifica resentful at your works?...do you feel they felt resentful?

 

double edged because I understand that was the motivation that propelled Letum to basically make them the best alliance ever... and he did. Which is sad in ways, considering NPOs hard work was built off of rolling TPF and STA (tyga) and he left his gem to a guy without internet service and now Lord of Darkness is running it where land farming is now a thing.

 

 

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

now Lord of Darkness is running it where land farming is now a thing.

 

 

 

You say that as if it is necessarily a bad thing, personally I see it as rather impressive, though it is rather depressing that no one much cared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blackatron said:

 

You say that as if it is necessarily a bad thing, personally I see it as rather impressive, though it is rather depressing that no one much cared.

 

No one cares what LH thinks about nation development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

 

No one cares what LH thinks about nation development.

 

LH does not believe in nation development, only nation destruction, and back to your corner you go. Can-it, squirt.

 

 

 

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

My history is funny here, so forgive me if I'm incorrect, wasn't it your doctrine that caused Pacifica to get steam rolled?

If you are talking of the first great war, then it was simply their size compared to other alliances, they were the biggest on the block by a decent margin, if you are talking of later on it was Moo and other leaders who eventually formed the coalition of cowards steadfast belief that they could not be betrayed into a losing battle that caused Pacifica to get steamrolled.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sabcat said:

Not seen anything from them in a long time, I thought they'd disbanded.

 

That's correct, you can raid us now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mogar said:

If you are talking of the first great war, then it was simply their size compared to other alliances, they were the biggest on the block by a decent margin, if you are talking of later on it was Moo and other leaders who eventually formed the coalition of cowards steadfast belief that they could not be betrayed into a losing battle that caused Pacifica to get steamrolled.

 

I was telling them that their incompetence was going to get them rolled years before it was the cool thing to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×