Top Five Worst Alliances of All Time

Malik Shabazz

It's kind of a joke to claim MI6 is even in the top 50 of worst alliances, all things considered.

If you want to vent your IC dislike of an alliance, there are better and less obvious ways of doing it than suggesting a rather wildly successful alliance is one of the worst of all time (all things considered: despite a relatively short existence -- high activity/staying power, major role in two of the last biggest wars, great performances in each, the infamy/notoriety/impressive lineup of its members, the IC controversy /entertainment it has provided as opposed to the OOC dickery of some alliances of the past -- etc.)

The idea that alliances are afraid of losing wars is the sad state of affairs in CN. People will ditch allies, hell, even hit them or refrain from entering at all for the fear of losing a war and/or losing some pixels. I'm glad I'm in an alliance of only 80 that can take a hit (or knife in the back,) from some of the largest and most respected war machines this game has to offer, hold its own and then dust it off in a few months when others might be set back years.

I can't imagine wanting to be anywhere else.

Other than that I don't care about this thread.

You get no juice.

No one said you were, all they said is that you were blowhards (I have no idea if you are but that's all that was said)

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Myth is referencing earlier in the thread when we were nominated.  

Pretty much this. 

Regardless of the validity/invalidity of the blowhard comment, that's more of a subjective perception of an alliance more than an objective measure of worth.

Yeah, if only most of the loudest members of \m/ kept fighting and wearing the AA for months of nuclear war even though the government disbanded the alliance. If only the private IRC was filled with members yelling that they would rather keep fighting than disband, Oh wait, those did happen.  

\m/ was already in a very unstable spot before the UJW due to it's leadership being removed from the game so when the only gov we had decided we were disbanding there just wasn't enough organization left to do anything about it and still have it feel like the same alliance.

You can paint the alliance as cowards all you want but anyone who actually has a clue knows you are full of it. Personally \m/ taught me that my nation was just a bunch of numbers that didn't matter and that's how I played and I did some pretty cool things because of the attitude that alliance instilled in me. 

I do not recall that many members sticking around the AA after it was disbanded. And yes, of course \m/ was totally not cowards for disbanding a whopping 10 days into UjW. Yup, total heroes. You can make whatever claims you want but y'all faced a whole 10 days of actual war and failed. Oh wait sorry, there was at least a day or 2 of a ceasefire while \m/ investigated the OOC claims of TPF. So y'all lasted 8 maybe 9 days of actual war. Barely over a round of war. You can paint it whatever way you wish but \m/ were complete blowhards and your last line is amazing considering \m/ caved after a single round of war but yes, pixels are meaningless. 

Anyways, y'all will make whatever claims you want about \m/ much like Tywin makes the claim that the disbandment of IAA led directly to Vox Populi. So keep on living your dreams. \m/ was just another shitty alliance that when push came to shove, caved like a little bitch faster than basically any other alliance I have ever seen before. 

It's not annoyance, it's deep-seated hatred for an alliance far greater than your own. That's exactly why you're typing paragraph after paragraph, page after page, blowing hot air about this and that.

\m/ was fantastic, you don't want to admit it, and that's fine. But I'm not fooled by your facade(s).

....there was at least a day or 2 of a ceasefire while \m/ investigated the OOC claims of TPF.

And then, just a few months later, TPF began a war based solely on OOC claims.

Irony.

(I don't care about your argument. I just think it's funny that you phrased it this way.)

It's not annoyance, it's deep-seated hatred for an alliance far greater than your own. That's exactly why you're typing paragraph after paragraph, page after page, blowing hot air about this and that.

\m/ was fantastic, you don't want to admit it, and that's fine. But I'm not fooled by your facade(s).

I don't think that's why he's typing paragraph after paragraph, page after page, blowing lukewarm air about that and this. Edited by Neo Uruk

Thank god the OWF has gotten past this pettiness!  Right?

I do not recall that many members sticking around the AA after it was disbanded. And yes, of course \m/ was totally not cowards for disbanding a whopping 10 days into UjW. Yup, total heroes. You can make whatever claims you want but y'all faced a whole 10 days of actual war and failed. Oh wait sorry, there was at least a day or 2 of a ceasefire while \m/ investigated the OOC claims of TPF. So y'all lasted 8 maybe 9 days of actual war. Barely over a round of war. You can paint it whatever way you wish but \m/ were complete blowhards and your last line is amazing considering \m/ caved after a single round of war but yes, pixels are meaningless. 

Anyways, y'all will make whatever claims you want about \m/ much like Tywin makes the claim that the disbandment of IAA led directly to Vox Populi. So keep on living your dreams. \m/ was just another !@#$%* alliance that when push came to shove, caved like a little !@#$%* faster than basically any other alliance I have ever seen before. 

So basically what you are saying is that you are going to ignore someone who is presenting facts based on first hand accounts because "you don't recall" that many people that you probably weren't paying attention to staying on the AA. 

While it does fit the vague recollection I have of you I still find it pretty humorous that someone can be so intentionally ignorant. 

I helped found Vox I don't recall IAA's disbandment directly causing that and I don't think I know who tyrion is for what that's worth. 

I think Myth is referencing earlier in the thread when we were nominated.  

Ah, I missed that, sorry. 

Edited by King Srqt

Anger? no not really. Annoyance at people like you who wax nostalgic etc etc

Could have fooled me. It's sort of hard to take you seriously when you spend so much time typing out venom-filled responses. It's reminiscent of when someone claims to "not care" yet continue to take the time to debate. lol

You come across as quite angry actually, and I think you need a hug from Master Hakai.

No, an annoyance. I have had the flu for a while now, so have had time to debate. As for paragraph after paragraph, it is essentially the same thing. \m/ may have had an awesome community but overall it was a garbage alliance who could barely withstand 10 days of true war. 

And then, just a few months later, TPF began a war based solely on OOC claims.

Irony.

(I don't care about your argument. I just think it's funny that you phrased it this way.)

I fully agree actually. TPF was already all over OOC shit when they pulled that stunt in the UjW and was one of the main reasons why I did not want Polar to treaty them and then spoke out against TPF everywhere when they went after NoR.

I don't think that's why he's typing paragraph after paragraph, page after page, blowing lukewarm air about that and this.

pretty much this. 

Could have fooled me. It's sort of hard to take you seriously when you spend so much time typing out venom-filled responses. It's reminiscent of when someone claims to "not care" yet continue to take the time to debate. lol

You come across as quite angry actually, and I think you need a hug from Master Hakai.

Really? keep trying mate. Typing the same thing over and over is not anger. It is boredom. Stating that \m/ was garbage because they could barely last 10 days of true war is not anger it is truth. But yes, I am sooooooooo completely angry with \m/... Oh wait, I am just annoyed that \m/embers keep bringing up how great \m/ was despite the fact that IAA lasted longer in war before disbanding...

No, an annoyance. I have had the flu for a while now, so have had time to debate. As for paragraph after paragraph, it is essentially the same thing. \m/ may have had an awesome community but overall it was a garbage alliance who could barely withstand 10 days of true war. 

Nah, by definition it's an obsession compounded by years of being faced with truth you don't want to hear. \m/ was fundamentally a superior alliance to most others and ahead of its time in so many ways. Overall it was an excellent alliance who incited so much jealousy from the rest of CN that they did the only thing they knew how to do: hit it with rocks!

Really? keep trying mate. Typing the same thing over and over is not anger. It is boredom. Stating that \m/ was garbage because they could barely last 10 days of true war is not anger it is truth. But yes, I am sooooooooo completely angry with \m/... Oh wait, I am just annoyed that \m/embers keep bringing up how great \m/ was despite the fact that IAA lasted longer in war before disbanding...

Oh, you're bored? How did I know that would be next? Probably because that's what every generic forum poster says when they get called out for coming across as angry while trying to shout about how much they "don't care" or that they are simply "annoyed".

Sorry, but you come across as someone who simply hates \m/. It's cool. We're all entitled to our opinions. Having said that, one of the main subjects of your "mild annoyance" is a single thread that goes up once a year and rarely goes beyond a few pages (though it sometimes lasts longer because of ... well ... folks like yourself lol).

Oh, you're bored? How did I know that would be next? Probably because that's what every generic forum poster says when they get called out for coming across as angry while trying to shout about how much they "don't care" or that they are simply "annoyed".

Sorry, but you come across as someone who simply hates \m/. It's cool. We're all entitled to our opinions. Having said that, one of the main subjects of your "mild annoyance" is a single thread that goes up once a year and rarely goes beyond a few pages (though it sometimes lasts longer because of ... well ... folks like yourself lol).

Doch always comes off as angry, but really he's as cuddly as a stilagmite teddy bear.

Hello, old friend.

Edited by Gibsonator21

Nah, by definition it's an obsession compounded by years of being faced with truth you don't want to hear. \m/ was fundamentally a superior alliance to most others and ahead of its time in so many ways. Overall it was an excellent alliance who incited so much jealousy from the rest of CN that they did the only thing they knew how to do: hit it with rocks!

Sure, whatever you need to do to sleep at night mate. like i said, when IAA outlasts \m/ before disbanding, you need to rethink how superior it actually could have been. 

You are right, i despised \m/. Never stated anything other than that which should also be rather apparent in my posts. Does that make me angry? Why would I be angry? \m/ failed spectacularly on every level. It disbanded in under 10 days of being faced with a losing war. It did not have the balls to withstand ES's initial set of terms. It failed on a magnitude that even Tywin could not achieve when he disbanded IAA as Junka. 

So yes, I am annoyed at the once a year threads because they are useless and an annoyance. If y'all want to remember \m/, have at it but I will bring my own memories of the failure that \m/ was. Y'all seem to get more pissed off at me pointing out those facts than I do with y'all waxing nostalgic with rose-colored glasses at what \m/ could have or should have been. 

Every one of your posts is useless and an annoyance, but you don't see me following you around to all the topics ranting and raving about it! I probably should, though. In fact, I might.

Yes because i have followed you around to all topics ranting and raving about \m/... Yes, all those other topics... Let me see which ones for sure... Well there is... oh and of course there is.... Oh wait what about .... Well fuck man, you got me. I am ranting and raving in so many other topics about \m/ that I cannot even begin to remember a single other topic outside of this one thread... Damn bro. I am soooooo burnt I will just have to quit while I am so far behind. 

Yes because i have followed you around to all topics ranting and raving about \m/... Yes, all those other topics... Let me see which ones for sure... Well there is... oh and of course there is.... Oh wait what about .... Well $%&@ man, you got me. I am ranting and raving in so many other topics about \m/ that I cannot even begin to remember a single other topic outside of this one thread... Damn bro. I am soooooo burnt I will just have to quit while I am so far behind. 

You're getting played with, and toyed with. It's p. funny. Maybe you know this, maybe you don't, all I know is that it's pretty damn funny. 

You're getting played with, and toyed with. It's p. funny. Maybe you know this, maybe you don't, all I know is that it's pretty damn funny. 

heh. I love when people start using this. I guess it is similar to Hoo's argument against "bored and annoyed" style posts. It is what people want others to think when they fail miserably in the debate. "Oh I was just playing with him so the debate doesn't matter". It is pretty funny that after the serious tones that hakai, sqrt, and hoo all posted in, that all of a sudden, I am being "played with"... 

So no, i don't think any of the three individuals I was debating with were playing around in the slightest and the only one who I see even attempting to use that excuse is hakai and i still don't believe he was "playing". if he was, then he seriously sucks at it and should find a new hobby. 

heh. I love when people start using this. I guess it is similar to Hoo's argument against "bored and annoyed" style posts. It is what people want others to think when they fail miserably in the debate. "Oh I was just playing with him so the debate doesn't matter". It is pretty funny that after the serious tones that hakai, sqrt, and hoo all posted in, that all of a sudden, I am being "played with"... 

So no, i don't think any of the three individuals I was debating with were playing around in the slightest and the only one who I see even attempting to use that excuse is hakai and i still don't believe he was "playing". if he was, then he seriously sucks at it and should find a new hobby. 

I only find it funny because you're still taking this as a serious debate, I don't think you're bored or annoyed. It's obvious that maybe they once took it serious but that stopped some time ago, which they moved on to just messing with you to keep you posting. 

I only find it funny because you're still taking this as a serious debate, I don't think you're bored or annoyed. It's obvious that maybe they once took it serious but that stopped some time ago, which they moved on to just messing with you to keep you posting. 

sure thing bro. sure thing. maybe I should use that excuse too huh? Oh wait, I was never taking this thing serious. I was just trolling!!!!!! what an easy way to ensure you never lose a debate. 

I think, again, you're taking me/this way to serious. I'm not even trying to debate you, on anything. You can try to "stoop down" to my level, or what have you, especially when I just came here to say that it seems you're taking this way to seriously, more so than the other three you are currently "debating". 

The best/worst threads will always be subjective, even at it's heart in a rational debate. Once it delved into something not a serious "debate" on both sides, you continued to try to prove your point why \m/ was a horrible alliance, the others stopped trying to prove that it wasn't. That's when it became about you being too serious, and being upset et al. It just comes off that way when you continue to take something serious, and they stopped.

It's like what I do to my gun totting red neck friends about gay loving liberals trying to take their guns. If I start having a decent debate on gun control, then once it becomes futile, I just say things to keep them going. This is what I see happening here. You can keep saying or nah, bro, it's cool i'm just joking I ain't mad, nope. Doesn't make it any less, to me at least, that you were trying to hard, and they were just posting to keep you going. But I digress, I doubt you'll get it. 

I think, again, you're taking me/this way to serious. I'm not even trying to debate you, on anything. You can try to "stoop down" to my level, or what have you, especially when I just came here to say that it seems you're taking this way to seriously, more so than the other three you are currently "debating". 

The best/worst threads will always be subjective, even at it's heart in a rational debate. Once it delved into something not a serious "debate" on both sides, you continued to try to prove your point why \m/ was a horrible alliance, the others stopped trying to prove that it wasn't. That's when it became about you being too serious, and being upset et al. It just comes off that way when you continue to take something serious, and they stopped.

It's like what I do to my gun totting red neck friends about gay loving liberals trying to take their guns. If I start having a decent debate on gun control, then once it becomes futile, I just say things to keep them going. This is what I see happening here. You can keep saying or nah, bro, it's cool i'm just joking I ain't mad, nope. Doesn't make it any less, to me at least, that you were trying to hard, and they were just posting to keep you going. But I digress, I doubt you'll get it. 

No, i fully understood where you were coming from. I just see it as a cop out for the other three if they attempt to use that excuse. Something convenient for them to use in an attempt to not lose the debate. Is all good anyway it goes bro since I was literally just rehashing the same thing over and over again. as for trying "too hard" hahahahaha. Please, if trying to hard is stating that \m/ failed because it literally disbanded after 10 days of a losing war, is trying to hard, then that is the joke right there. 

We're not losing this debate, Doch, we're winning and that's evidenced by the fact you have to write so much in an attempt to prove your point. If it were so simple and clear-cut, like you say it is, you'd be able to wrap it up in a few sentences and be done with it. You're just having a hard time swallowing the fact \m/ was great, so you spend all your time making excuses and trying to cover it up. It's fun to watch