Cyber Nations Role Play: Beyond Earth

There is no actual separate CNRP:BE.  The addition of these player-created continents is simply an evolution of CNRP.  But yes, soon we'll get a poll up, since major changes to the game require votes.  However, at this point, it seems pretty unanimous that it will pass.

Technically it will be wont it? Won't people have to re-do their land and stuff?

You have a lot of people waiting on you :(

CNRP has been going from 2006-Present and it's still going.

Truly the gift that keeps on giving, eh? eh?  :smug:
Edited by Rotavele

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically it will be wont it? Won't people have to re-do their land and stuff?

You have a lot of people waiting on you :(

Nope, it is CNRP.  If you currently exist, you don't have to re-roll, but you have the option of a free movement of your current nation to a new continent, should you so choose.  The main purpose of this update is to add more creativity for the landmasses and to get away from the fact that a small amount of locations are in very high demand by allowing you to not only create a new country on a new continent, but allow you to RP any culture you wish anywhere in the world you want to set up shop.

Nope, it is CNRP.  If you currently exist, you don't have to re-roll, but you have the option of a free movement of your current nation to a new continent, should you so choose.  The main purpose of this update is to add more creativity for the landmasses and to get away from the fact that a small amount of locations are in very high demand by allowing you to not only create a new country on a new continent, but allow you to RP any culture you wish anywhere in the world you want to set up shop.

I mean it sounds good and everything, but it will honestly be hard to catch up on the RP some nations have done for years and years. Then again it's not fair to just wipe their stuff either for a bunch of newcomers. Idk :/

I just know a whole lot of new blood will be coming in.

I must admit to some confusion as to what you mean by this. Will there still be rule changes etc., or will everything remain the same as it is in cnrp, with the added option of moving your nations?

I mean it sounds good and everything, but it will honestly be hard to catch up on the RP some nations have done for years and years. Then again it's not fair to just wipe their stuff either for a bunch of newcomers. Idk :/

I just know a whole lot of new blood will be coming in.

Realistically, even CNRP players move around so much that there isn't all that much to catch up on.  Besides, with the addition of these new continents, we're all entering a brave new world together.  

I must admit to some confusion as to what you mean by this. Will there still be rule changes etc., or will everything remain the same as it is in cnrp, with the added option of moving your nations?

Everything will remain the same as CNRP except for two major points.  The first of course being the addition of new landmasses, and the second being that there are no longer any restrictions on what culture you want to RP.  It used to be that people insisted that you had to essentially RP the culture of the land you had.  That was not always a fun time, since everyone wanted to be a country that was already taken.  Now, you can be whatever culture you want to be, even if it is one that you make up as you go along.  Want to be German, but Germany is taken?  No problem anymore.  You can be a German-type culture on a new continent you design yourself, or you could be a German-type country in the middle of Africa.

Realistically, even CNRP players move around so much that there isn't all that much to catch up on.  Besides, with the addition of these new continents, we're all entering a brave new world together.  

Everything will remain the same as CNRP except for two major points.  The first of course being the addition of new landmasses, and the second being that there are no longer any restrictions on what culture you want to RP.  It used to be that people insisted that you had to essentially RP the culture of the land you had.  That was not always a fun time, since everyone wanted to be a country that was already taken.  Now, you can be whatever culture you want to be, even if it is one that you make up as you go along.  Want to be German, but Germany is taken?  No problem anymore.  You can be a German-type culture on a new continent you design yourself, or you could be a German-type country in the middle of Africa.

A few people have brought concern with it still being CNRP1 though and I'll just ask so we can get that out of the way now.... You know what I'm talking about and will it be different?

@Rota: CNRP currently concists of two groups of people.

1. People who were kicked out of CNRP2 or otherwise tried to be in CNRP2 but it didn't work out for some reason.

2. People who are attached to their CNRP nations and don't want to see that history erased.

With this in mind, it seems obvious that the goal of this was not to delete CNRP but to expand on it.

---

While I don't have any intentions on joining this because I don't like the rules of CNRP myself, I echo Centurius that I think the best way to go about doing this would be to expand off of the existing world map so that people who want to, for example, be  Arabs in Arabia or Russians in Russia can do so if the land is available. Hope you guys end up having fun with this, although frankly I don't like the idea of RP somewhere other than a world map for this sort of thing. Which may be why I like Cent's version of how to do the map.

/2cents

@Rota: CNRP currently concists of two groups of people.

1. People who were kicked out of CNRP2 or otherwise tried to be in CNRP2 but it didn't work out for some reason.
2. People who are attached to their CNRP nations and don't want to see that history erased.

With this in mind, it seems obvious that the goal of this was not to delete CNRP but to expand on it.

---

While I don't have any intentions on joining this because I don't like the rules of CNRP myself, I echo Centurius that I think the best way to go about doing this would be to expand off of the existing world map so that people who want to, for example, be  Arabs in Arabia or Russians in Russia can do so if the land is available. Hope you guys end up having fun with this, although frankly I don't like the idea of RP somewhere other than a world map for this sort of thing. Which may be why I like Cent's version of how to do the map.

/2cents

You were never in CNRP and you don't know any of these people. The rules of CNRP2 are based off of CNRP1s. Also KaiserMelech, IA, Justinian, Shammy, Curri, Transvaal, MGL, etc would have no problems getting into CNRP2. You don't know what you're talking about and were never here to know the people you're judging. You only know what Mogar has told you.

A few people have brought concern with it still being CNRP1 though and I'll just ask so we can get that out of the way now.... You know what I'm talking about and will it be different?

I know what you're talking about, so let me see if I can give an explanation without naming names.

The short answer is, no.  We have no rules regarding who can RP in this community, so you can't choose not to vote them in, nor can you vote them out.

The long answer is, probably.  There are a few rules that we have kind of come to an agreement on.  Real world history can no longer be used as justification for your actions, so you can't attack Britain for what they did to you in the Opium Wars, nor can you invade them since they were your former colonizers.  The addition of non-real world locations offers a sort of refuge from current geopolitical aspirations (wanting to control all of Canada or something like that), and has the possibility to essentially put you off the radar unless you really screw things up.  Plus, the people you are talking about have really seemed to cool down, and as long as you don't poke them in the eye, I see no reason why you shouldn't be safe.

You were never in CNRP and you don't know any of these people. The rules of CNRP2 are based off of CNRP1s. Also KaiserMelech, IA, Justinian, Shammy, Curri, Transvaal, MGL, etc would have no problems getting into CNRP2. You don't know what you're talking about and were never here to know the people you're judging. You only know what Mogar has told you.

I'm not judging anyone and am capable of reading rules and making judgments all on my own, thank you. I have no doubts that I would be accepted as a community member with open arms if I chose to roll in CNRP, but I have so far chosen not to and don't think I will. I only wanted to add in my opinion about Cent's proposal, but figured I'd reply to what you said as well if I was going to bother making an entrance into this thread. But beyond this post I don't intend on continuing this discussion here, because I don't want to contribute to the derailment of KMM's thread. He has my apologies for this reply as well.

I know what you're talking about, so let me see if I can give an explanation without naming names.

The short answer is, no.  We have no rules regarding who can RP in this community, so you can't choose not to vote them in, nor can you vote them out.

The long answer is, probably.  There are a few rules that we have kind of come to an agreement on.  Real world history can no longer be used as justification for your actions, so you can't attack Britain for what they did to you in the Opium Wars, nor can you invade them since they were your former colonizers.  The addition of non-real world locations offers a sort of refuge from current geopolitical aspirations (wanting to control all of Canada or something like that), and has the possibility to essentially put you off the radar unless you really screw things up.  Plus, the people you are talking about have really seemed to cool down, and as long as you don't poke them in the eye, I see no reason why you shouldn't be safe.

That was a very thorough answer. Thank you. I'm still very interested.

I hope other people with that question got the answer they wanted as well :) Edited by Rotavele

I find this concept interesting and what not but I do have some questions.  So how does this work for someone like me who is perfectly contented where they are in the world and how their history has developed?  Does all my work just vanish into thin air?  I don't mean to sound selfish and all but I happen to enjoy having a rich rl history behind the area I rp in and I've put in some two and a half years into my current nation.  Will I be able to keep the holdings and history I've established over that period of time?

I find this concept interesting and what not but I do have some questions.  So how does this work for someone like me who is perfectly contented where they are in the world and how their history has developed?  Does all my work just vanish into thin air?  I don't mean to sound selfish and all but I happen to enjoy having a rich rl history behind the area I rp in and I've put in some two and a half years into my current nation.  Will I be able to keep the holdings and history I've established over that period of time?

No, everything stays the same.  However, you are no longer allowed to use real world history as an excuse for RP actions.

This might be a bit off topic, but will any of the existing unnocupied landmasses be removed/shrunk? Because if everyone was to go ahead and make a new island, the map could get a little cluttered(unless you were planning to go ahead and increase the size of the map from the very beginning).

Edited by Mr Director

This might be a bit off topic, but will any of the existing unnocupied landmasses be removed/shrunk? Because if everyone was to go ahead and make a new island, the map could get a little cluttered(unless you were planning to go ahead and increase the size of the map from the very beginning).

The idea is to expand it as needed, so if we do not have the space for a new land mass we simply expand it on either the left or right.

The idea is to expand it as needed, so if we do not have the space for a new land mass we simply expand it on either the left or right.

Pretty much this.  However, I think that if a bunch of people come along build a custom continent, and over time they all leave, we can certainly think of having that empty landmass disappear to make room for new people's ideas.

I request replacing the Saint Lawrence, the Great Lakes and the US-Canadian border with 2,000 km of the Laurentine Ocean, so that this person no longer ruins my RP with their meddling.