Cyber Nations Role Play: Beyond Earth

LjJdGao.jpg

I have a made a quick less graphical version in MS Paint. Is this what you are kind of wanting except in photoshop and more professional looking like the real maps?

The thing is that we won't start this with pre-drawn continents.  As players enter, they will start from scratch.  You can start with an island of any shape you want (you can draw it or ask someone else to do it for you), you can start a continent with a well defined coastline and populate it with your buddies or leave it open for people to join, or you can take a third option and develop a part of a continent and leave the remainder open for neighbors to develop.

If you don't separate First and Third World spawns, you will just have the mega nations in the middle of a bunch of tiny nations again, and all the small nations will never have any sort of influence and will get swallowed up or marginalized. I'd rather spawn in a third world region where everyone who spawned is not that much more powerful than me. THAT would increase politics, conventional conflicts, and anti-hegemonic instability

Then get a bunch of your buddies together and you can draw up a continent.  You can put lots of white space in it for conflict.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I ask is there be at least 1 third world spawn area, maybe a continent surrounded by islands. Why is the third world the third world in real life? The answer is that the area is less stable and hegemonic. Do new first world nations pop up in the middle of Africa in RL? They don't, but they can in CNRP1 and 2. It would no longer be third world by definition because there is a hegemonic power in the region.

I'm not saying a third world region would be invulnerable to attack, occupation, colonization etc by First World nations, they just can't spawn there.

All I ask is there be at least 1 third world spawn area, maybe a continent surrounded by islands. Why is the third world the third world in real life? The answer is that the area is less stable and hegemonic. Do new first world nations pop up in the middle of Africa in RL? They don't, but they can in CNRP1 and 2. It would no longer be third world by definition because there is a hegemonic power in the region.

I'm not saying a third world region would be invulnerable to attack, occupation, colonization etc by First World nations, they just can't spawn there.

Then make it yourself.

If you really want to make things interesting, turn important transit regions into third world areas as well, so no hegemonic nation can spawn in the equivalent of a Panama or Malaysia to control the flow of trade and ships.

No

I support this.

The thing is that we won't start this with pre-drawn continents.  As players enter, they will start from scratch.  You can start with an island of any shape you want (you can draw it or ask someone else to do it for you), you can start a continent with a well defined coastline and populate it with your buddies or leave it open for people to join, or you can take a third option and develop a part of a continent and leave the remainder open for neighbors to develop.

Prepare of a shitload of poorly drawn, circular islands.

He's saying you can but you'll have to make it. Like make your own continent.

2jL7gAy.png

as an example for how this would work, let's say I'm the first nation ever, melech will go next.

I don't know... You didn't let them into a RP with you. I think we may need to vote first. You've previously made an empire and have forced people out of CNRP2. I'm not sure if Triyun, Centurius, Kaiser, and the other members joining this RP will be ok with letting someone like that in.

I don't know... You didn't let them into a RP with you. I think we may need to vote first. You've previously made an empire and have forced people out of CNRP2. I'm not sure if Triyun, Centurius, Kaiser, and the other members joining this RP will be ok with letting someone like that in.

Don't worry Mogar. I'll vote for you and will ask the others to do too. After you made a kow-tow or two before me. I only want to help you after all.

Don't worry Mogar. I'll vote for you and will ask the others to do too. After you made a kow-tow or two before me. I only want to help you after all.

we are both stubborn and prideful, I can admit to those faults of mine, I am attempting to help resolve this schism, if you want to continue to further divide the community, go for it.

No! Don't get me wrong, I want Mogar in as much as the next guy and I plan to vote yes! I am just saying he is a horrible person and has rustled my Jimmies. He made an empire and forces people out of the game. He is a horrible person. I will vote yes.

we are both stubborn and prideful, I can admit to those faults of mine, I am attempting to help resolve this schism, if you want to continue to further divide the community, go for it.

Certainly is a change of heart when it's you up for vote.

I'll be fine with you if you cut your ego by at least 50%. You also must admit you're a hypocrite and an ego maniac. I want it in the following format:

"I, [Your name], realize I have a large ego and have acted hypocritically."

I'm only trying to help you and bring this community to par but you must realize you've done something wrong, Edited by Rotavele

You first.

I've been very hypocrital, and no I'm not joking when I say that. I've tried to change a lot. I was a troll, became anti-troll when it was done to me, and now I'm back to semi-trolling but I plan on stopping ASAP when everything is settled which it should be very soon.

However this isn't a place to fight, it's to discuss a new role play.

My main point was to show you how you made other people see your actions in the other thread. It's over now. Let's make this discussion progressive from this point.

Edit: And just to show I'm serious about ending the drama here, I'll let you have the last word and post in reply to me because I know how much you like that. And yes I do too, but I'm willing to let you have the last laugh this time to show I'm serious on ending this here to progress this RP discussion.

Edit2: and yes I realize it was my fault for getting it off subject, it just was a good window of opportunity. I apologize to KM. Edited by Rotavele

Hey, I'll vote for you. Not because I particularly like you, because I'd not miss you in the slightest if you'd be gone from my sight, but because I'm prideful. But we don't vote on people anyway, so feel free to join whenever you like. I'm sure you'll know to not cause trouble this time.

2jL7gAy.png

as an example for how this would work, let's say I'm the first nation ever, melech will go next.

I shall post a series of images which I hope will show how this works.

Stage0.png

In the beginning, the world is formless, and darkness resides over the deep.

CNRP Player Count: 0

Stage1.png

Then people begin to draw their islands/continents.  Horo decides that he likes everything about Meihua, and does a total copy and paste into the map, resulting in the black Borneo seen.  Meanwhile, Justinian, IA, and I really like being together, and so create a new continent that we alone inhabit, resulting in the red/green/blue landmass seen.  Meanwhile, Bio comes along and decides that he wants to be on a continent, but doesn't have a neighbor yet that he knows, so he draws up an island, and leaves half of it blank, resulting in the orange/white bit.  Triyun wants to be on a massive continent, but only knows what he wants his part to look like, so he makes the purple half-circle, and leaves the bottom undefined, so that more people can attach themselves to him.

CNRP Player Count: 6

Stage2.png

As time goes on, more and more people join the map.  Bio has found a neighbor, and MGL has joined him on the small island as dark orange.  The island is now full.  Meanwhile, on the southern landmass, Cent has joined Triyun, and has drawn his own part of the continent in the light purple.  As seen, there is still undefined geography for more people to come and add on to the landmass.  Meanwhile, Eva has joined and decided that she wants to be as far away from everyone as she can, and sticks herself up on an island far above everyone else.  In turn, the map has expanded beyond its previous size to accommodate new players.

CNRP Player Count: 9

This will continue as long as the game is around.

Stage0.png

Stage1.png
Then people begin to draw their islands/continents.  Horo decides that he likes everything about Meihua, and does a total copy and paste into the map, resulting in the black Borneo seen.  Meanwhile, Justinian, IA, and I really like being together, and so create a new continent that we alone inhabit, resulting in the red/green/blue landmass seen.  Meanwhile, Bio comes along and decides that he wants to be on a continent, but doesn't have a neighbor yet that he knows, so he draws up an island, and leaves half of it blank, resulting in the orange/white bit.  Triyun wants to be on a massive continent, but only knows what he wants his part to look like, so he makes the purple half-circle, and leaves the bottom undefined, so that more people can attach themselves to him.

Stage2.png
As time goes on, more and more people join the map.  Bio has found a neighbor, and MGL has joined him on the small island as dark orange.  The island is now full.  Meanwhile, on the southern landmass, Cent has joined Triyun, and has drawn his own part of the continent in the light purple.  As seen, there is still undefined geography for more people to come and add on to the landmass.  Meanwhile, Eva has joined and decided that she wants to be as far away from everyone as she can, and sticks herself up on an island far above everyone else.  In turn, the map has expanded beyond its previous size to accommodate new players.

LOL. Love the map. But really I really like this idea. It goes beyond just writing creativity and expressionism, it provides a more artistic way to play as well.

I love it and this was a great idea KM.

Now draw everyone as holding hands and getting along :3

Stage0.png

Stage1.png

Stage2.png

My drawing skills are better than that. Thank you very much.

Also, closer to Horo.