Cyber Nations Role Play: Beyond Earth

Actually, I do have an idea map wise. What if you were to make the map concentric in design, with the largest nations in the middle, and frontier areas controlled by smaller nations? This would make for more competition from similar levels of players.

The problem with this is that it starts to restrict people again, and it makes things harder for more people to enter the world if the map needs to constantly bulge out in the middle.  Plus, this is not always how things work out in the real world.  China and the US are the world's major power now, but there are a lot of little guys standing between the two of them.  Generally, I think it will happen sort of like this, since people will probably want to form new continents with their buddies, but we shouldn't try to force it.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10406957_763802173660384_221396409455095

A global model could also work, with "old world" nations focused in one hemisphere, and the other hemisphere protected for smaller nation spawns. It does not prevent conquest of the protected areas, just large nation spawns.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

The great thing is that this can happen, but improved. If you both want to keep things the way they are, you can design your countries on a landmass that is a replicate of Eurasia, but pimp it out however you want it. France is a jungle, Mongolia sits on massive petroleum reserves, Yugoslavia is a volcanic wasteland. North is south, east is west, you two are neighbors and there is an island the shape of a corgi off Triyun's coast. where India should be.

I call dibs on the corgi island nation.

The problem with this is that it starts to restrict people again, and it makes things harder for more people to enter the world if the map needs to constantly bulge out in the middle.  Plus, this is not always how things work out in the real world.  China and the US are the world's major power now, but there are a lot of little guys standing between the two of them.  Generally, I think it will happen sort of like this, since people will probably want to form new continents with their buddies, but we shouldn't try to force it.

Small nations are free to spawn into large nation areas, but large nations cant spawn into the smaller nation areas. This would essentially create a "third world" hemisphere with wars more or less having more parity on average.

10406957_763802173660384_221396409455095

A global model could also work, with "old world" nations focused in one hemisphere, and the other hemisphere protected for smaller nation spawns. It does not prevent conquest of the protected areas, just large nation spawns.

My idea would be to just make the map a square that expands up, down, left, or right depending on where new people want to set up.  Again, it's all a choice of where you want to start out.

I, for one, think that this is an excellent idea. Just out of curiosity, would the map itself grow larger as new people joined in, or would it stay the same size?

The map would grow, but landmasses would stay the same.  People would either join into white space left after people leave the game, or they will start new islands and continents. 

How large will that new earth be?

However large it needs to be to fit everyone who wants to play.

The map would grow, but landmasses would stay the same.  People would either join into white space left after people leave the game, or they will start new islands and continents. 

However large it needs to be to fit everyone who wants to play.

As long as already existing landmasses don't get changed. I'd rather not have some island appear out of nowhere right off my coast with a new nation on it.

Also, I would advise against using our real continents for a basis and I disapprove of any seperation in NS classes. It is a retarded concept and hasn't worked ever to bring about anything positive.

There are no caps in CNRP1, so if you want to get small nations to play, you need to differentiate between first world areas (which is stable and better for peaceful players) and third world areas (perfect for us warmongering dictator types). If you do not differentiate between First and Third World (it is largely determined by regional stability), the same thing will happen as last time.

There are no caps in CNRP1, so if you want to get small nations to play, you need to differentiate between first world areas (which is stable and better for peaceful players) and third world areas (perfect for us warmongering dictator types). If you do not differentiate between First and Third World (it is largely determined by regional stability), the same thing will happen as last time.

If you and your warmongering friends want to be seperate, just make up a group of barren islands in the middle of nowhere, with little strategic value where noone cares about your conflicts and noone bothers to intervene, because chances are, it'll stay limited and inconsequential to the rest of the world.

Problem solved.

If you and your warmongering friends want to be seperate, just make up a group of barren islands in the middle of nowhere, with little strategic value where noone cares about your conflicts and noone bothers to intervene, because chances are, it'll stay limited and inconsequential to the rest of the world.

Problem solved.

lol, sorry that I don't want to spawn as a 14k NS nation in easy reach of a 150k nation that wants to push me around. Let there be a third world, and may the proxy wars and conventional conflicts blossom.

Create it by spawning far away, but stop institutionalising it.

Why the $%&@ would I want to "spawn far away" from any action? Why would I want to spawn and then have a 150k nation spawn right next to me afterwards?

The third world will be the focus of colonialism, imperialism, military regimes and all kinds of fun stuff.

Why the $%&@ would I want to "spawn far away" from any action? Why would I want to spawn and then have a 150k nation spawn right next to me afterwards?

First off, this is why I wanted some degree of uchanging landscapes. So that things don't appear right of our costs from nowhere. Second, you can create your own action. But you seemingly want to get away from 150k+ action, so what's the issue? If you don't want to be involved in that sort of conflict anyway, there shouldn't be an issue if you stay away from bigger nations. Third and last, this can be achieved by having you and a few people create an archipelago in the middle of the ocean, where noone needs to care about the antics of you smaller people and where you can bash in each others head to kingdom come. Others can place their nations however wherever they want elsewhere on the map, so they can border even Triyun if they find that preferable for whatever reason there might be.

I feel like you're over thinking this. The idea isn't to create a copy of cnrp2 that protects the small guys and restricts the large guys. However it gives smaller nations the opportunity to spawn near each other and provide collective security against external threats.

First off, this is why I wanted some degree of uchanging landscapes. So that things don't appear right of our costs from nowhere. Second, you can create your own action. But you seemingly want to get away from 150k+ action, so what's the issue? If you don't want to be involved in that sort of conflict anyway, there shouldn't be an issue if you stay away from bigger nations. Third and last, this can be achieved by having you and a few people create an archipelago in the middle of the ocean, where noone needs to care about the antics of you smaller people and where you can bash in each others head to kingdom come. Others can place their nations however wherever they want elsewhere on the map, so they can border even Triyun if they find that preferable for whatever reason there might be.

That's basically what I'm talking about when I say third world, although more than an archipelago would be preferable.

I feel like you're over thinking this. The idea isn't to create a copy of cnrp2 that protects the small guys and restricts the large guys. However it gives smaller nations the opportunity to spawn near each other and provide collective security against external threats.

CNRP1 is superior to CNRP2, however, I am not saying small nations need extra protection. I am saying that there should be a third world area where only <50k, non nuclear nations can spawn. You can still attack, invade, colonize, support proxies etc, it will just be more difficult with all the third world regimes in the area and the oceanic distance to get there.

If you don't separate First and Third World spawns, you will just have the mega nations in the middle of a bunch of tiny nations again, and all the small nations will never have any sort of influence and will get swallowed up or marginalized. I'd rather spawn in a third world region where everyone who spawned is not that much more powerful than me. THAT would increase politics, conventional conflicts, and anti-hegemonic instability

If you don't separate First and Third World spawns, you will just have the mega nations in the middle of a bunch of tiny nations again, and all the small nations will never have any sort of influence and will get swallowed up or marginalized. I'd rather spawn in a third world region where everyone who spawned is not that much more powerful than me. THAT would increase politics, conventional conflicts, and anti-hegemonic instability

Why do we need to make artificial barriers? If the map is continually created, what bars you from creating your nation far away from the rest, together with others sharing your way of thought, so you can be your little micro-power corner?