A note on MI6 recruitment tactics.

smurthwaite

They are called poaching and have long since been grounds for a cassi bella.

Beware.

(Yes, beware is intentionally cryptic.)

As such, the next attempt to poach me will involve GAs.

Join MI6

Umm no? When I spammed every MI6 member recruitment messages to join NSO, you guys got mad about it. That was less than a week ago too. A few of you (who werent in the power to do so) threatened with ZI for poaching... I just waited for it to sink in that MI6 was about to ZI someone for poaching and then all of a sudden the threats stopped.

Unless it came from Chim or myself (and it didn't) it wasn't going to happen.

somebody from MI6 ask me if I want to join please

Hakai, you know I'd lose my shit if you joined MI6. I love you brah.

It would actually be a better thing for the game if MI6 succeeded.

Best of luck to MI6 with killing micros off going forward, its a noble task.

The deed will be done. Also join MI6

You know, I have overreacted.  There is really just one guy I am coming for.  

If its Gibs I'll personally fund it... just saying.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's kinda sad that MI6 poaches, because their poaching can often kill many small successful micros. Let's say that MI6 did successfully poach you from SRA, then CN would lose a micro that is doing very good for itself. 

It's MI6's official positions that all small alliances should disband.

I feel like the fat chick at a dance ..  I have been talking to MI6 for a while now and besides Cynic being the drunk idiot nobody has tried to poach me.  What I am not worthy of a good poaching? 

In the words of Angelica Pickles, "If you have to ask, you'll never know."

There's a few options you can try. You can not associate with us at all, if it really bothers you that much. You could also counter-poach and tell us to join your alliance; we've certainly enjoyed it before when alliances fire back at us.

I think you're taking us way more seriously than we take ourselves.

Shit Stagger, you're not supposed to give them Polar's playbook for "decent," relations with MI6

Interesting.

This topic is strange, on one hand and I have nothing to say and don't want to comment and on the other I have a list of insults.

Quite complex, ultimately it is the players fault if they abandon their alliance so if you want to blame someone then blame the player.

Quite viciously blame them too until they feel uncomfortable with their decision.

Sax just wants to live in a world where it's noble to drag around 30-40 plus non-active dead weight and pretending some sort of charade where an alliance has as many competent members as treaties. This is, as opposed to binding to a community and seeing what happens when players of like skill, ability, and activity come together to form an alliance that has attainable goals other than simply existing.

it's not his fault, i once lived in that world too. it's a lesson we all have to learn one way or the other, sooner or later.

Nothing inherently wrong with one or the other so long as you recognize that you're making a conscious choice --,but from experience I know which I'd rather choose.

Edited by IYIyTh

I've fought beside Smurth a great many times..... he doesn't care at all about the outcome, I've seen him ZI himself enough times to know that for a fact. He doesn't care for being on top and always pushed others around him to defend the underdog every time. Threatening a beatdown wont work, if I know the guy he's just after some basic respect which he must feel he's not getting at present.

Anyway Smurth, hope your well mate, I'll hit you up for a cold nuka-beer sometime. Take care hey.

The only person threatening anyone anything is Smurth in his OP. MI6's collective response so far has been to ask Smurth to check whatever he's drinking. Maybe it's those nuka-beers you're giving him.

But that's contrary to our do-the-opposite-of--what-masta-wants way! System overload!!

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Unless masta is a digital clock. in that case i've done something terribly wrong.

True, but if you take away people who are active and do a lot for an alliance, it does hurt that alliance, espcially a micro

This is the micro's fault. If players are enticed to the point of even considering joining another alliance, they are failing their members. If they have to be so irrevocably offensive as to insinuate they know better than their members as to where they feel they belong and/or are going to maximize their happiness -- perhaps it's best to consider the alliance leadership failed and to remove them entirely. Judging by most of CN this ultra-defensive mentality exists nearly everywhere simply because people are afraid that the people they count on doing the work and rewarding with nothing but one or two hello's every other week are sick of it -- and would prefer an active community that helps out its members in more ways than one, including outside of CN.

I can't help but chime in on this one.

As far as poaching goes everyone is free to do what they like here. If you are not having fun where you are then find somewhere you are.

This however goes beyond poaching. This is a classic case of spamming and harassing another member of CN after repeatedly being told No.

Chim, I hope you understand while Walsh does not see this as a whole SRA issue you have now been asked publicly to refrain from your "recruitment" tactic on a member of SRA and it has been called to the communities attention that MI6 is actively harassing an SRA member.

Please let this end here and now Chim.

You should join MI6

I wonder what I would do if some !@#$%* alliance was poaching my members....anyone remember Outer Heaven? Didn't think so.

Not to say that MI6 is !@#$%* or anything....wait...that's the only reason I posted. Carry on.

Joined #GATO

[09:03] <+James_Maximus|MI6> Any and all gato members, please join MI6
[09:03] <+James_Maximus|MI6> That is all

Left #GATO

Your move.

I wonder what I would do if some !@#$%* alliance was poaching my members....anyone remember Outer Heaven? Didn't think so.

Not to say that MI6 is !@#$%* or anything....wait...that's the only reason I posted. Carry on.

If you is mad, you need to do something bout it boo. Otherwise stay in your seat over there with the rest of C&G. You're not going to win with this one. Edited by Rotavele

You have one person, I have half the planet they can ask.

I think I've got you covered there Xanth.

Also, I love how all these so called "large, established alliances," are so threatened by us that they practically have to half-predicate when/what circumstances they would invoke their inglorious CB. Face it, y'all don't want any of this. If we wanted to actually provoke you, you would know it by the litany of Declarations of War upon your alliance and massive strength loss, not some windbagging and buttblowing like I've seen here. Feel free to jump in front of the choo choo train.

Don't let us stop you.

Edited by IYIyTh

!@#$ Stagger, you're not supposed to give them Polar's playbook for "decent," relations with MI6

You have one person, I have half the planet they can ask.

I think I've got you covered there Xanth.

Also, I love how all these so called "large, established alliances," are so threatened by us that they practically have to half-predicate when/what circumstances they would invoke their inglorious CB. Face it, y'all don't want any of this. If we wanted to actually provoke you, you would know it by the litany of Declarations of War upon your alliance and massive strength loss, not some windbagging and buttblowing like I've seen here. Feel free to jump in front of the choo choo train.

Don't let us stop you.

I like these two responses. Because you try to insult polar but without polar, you'd be dead.

No it's not anything against, you just being fair. If TOP didn't have treaties, MI6 would be hit by now. Sad to say but unfortunately true. I like MI6 if you subtract IYIyth. Edited by Rotavele