Remembering those who dreamt

Chunky Monkey

vox7-2.png

Today is May 20th. A day on which Planet Bob was changed forever. A day that saw a ragtag band of revolutionaries see their final victory over the forces of tyranny and darkness that they had fought against for so long. This day back in 2009 was a day of celebration and excitement. We had won, our purpose was fulfilled and the road ahead was clear. We would head our separate ways.... Well, some of us would stick together, but we all would leave that which brought us all together, Vox Populi. We would not, however, leave without some final words of warning. Words that we hoped would be remembered long into the future.

To the world at large, we give warning. This is not the end of the struggle, for the struggle which Vox Populi has embraced is unending. It is a struggle against those who would take what is not theirs, those who would take advantage of all situations, those who seek nothing but personal gain without heed to the needs, thoughts, feelings, and well-being of others. It is a struggle against the purest form of practicality and pragmatism, which drives man to covet without any attention to morality, justice, or fairness. It is a struggle that shall end only when our kind are wiped from the planet for it is something we are all capable of.

And that is our warning. Do not relax your guard against this mentality. Do not dismiss the possibility of its creeping up and overtaking yourself or those close to you. To fall victim to the idea that the ends always justify the means where the means is your own self-promotion is something that comes easy and silently, but seldom can be snuffed out. Maintain your watch, keep in check those of this mindset, and prepare yourself always for a time when we must again take arms against such a threat -- for that is what it is. It is a threat to all of us, each and every one, and wherever this philosophy takes root so takes root a danger for all that we hold dear, in our own ways, to be cast down at our feet.

(You can read Doitzel's whole post here: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=58165 . Warning: He sure likes to talk)

And so this day, 5 years later, we choose to remember and honor that victory and those words, so that we may continue to uphold those ideals we fought to keep. Please feel free to post your favorite Vox moments, or maybe a story of how Vox influenced you. Also, I am aware that this topic may be polarizing amongst some members, so I ask that you keep things civil. Rehashing 5 year old arguments will not likely change anyone's opinion after so long.

long live vox.

Personally, I enjoyed being in Q leadership at the time and using my position to funnel information to Schatt, then later using my personal spyrings to assist in Vox's.

Edited by Mogar

5 years, huh? Time really does fly. Those were some fun times, now let's get everyone back to celebrate, even those who were on the other side.

Also, Chunky, good to see you still around. Come join me and Schatt (the last active Senators left I believe) in Polar. It's the best fit you'll find!

I'd go as far as saying Vox Populi was the most significant gambit in CN history because it created a popular base for people to leave their alliances or commit espionage against their alliance in order to bring down the NPO and it's sphere of hegemony.

The actual damage caused by Vox Populi attacks was not an awful lot, but it was persistent and ideologically driven, meaning that the raids were a constant thorn in the side of NPO, GGA and others, and they could not be subdued by treaties or threats of brining in allies.

Vox Populi was the gambit that created the political space for the Karma bloc to operate. I only went under the Vox Populi alliance affiliation for about a week while I went nuclear rogue on GGA (for a second time!), but I'm happy to look back on those times and have been part of it - albeit a pretty minor part in the grand scheme of things.

Vox was important in attacking the inherent contradictions of Pacifican Imperialism, but did have quite a few retards who certainly did not make the process enjoyable. It had almost completely devolved by the time the green team raids were undertaken and I had no further use serving with them, but it was an interesting amd unique experience.

(You can read Doitzel's whole post here: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=58165 . Warning: He sure likes to talk)

You could work for a thousand years and still not come up with a greater understatement than that.

Here, let me try: Tywin is not the brightest person or the most popular poster. How's that?

Too much Vox in one place might spark a revolution. I may come and visit though!

Edit: This is supposed to be quoting Starfox, but despite my complaints, admin won't install the forums fix I asked for.

Edited by Chunky Monkey

Vox was important in attacking the inherent contradictions of Pacifican Imperialism, but did have quite a few retards who certainly did not make the process enjoyable. It had almost completely devolved by the time the green team raids were undertaken and I had no further use serving with them, but it was an interesting amd unique experience.

Yeah sorry that everyone thought your obsession with Vladimir and Franco was weird.

We all still do.

Also, given that you were the only person ever forced out of Vox, perhaps you should leave this thread alone.

Edited by Starfox101

Oh, boy, favorite moments.  There are lots of hilariously ridiculous things that happened that I suppose I'll let lay rather than risk starting an argument. 

I think the biggest moment was taking the Red Senate, which was monumental, but taking the Green one too was a serious "holy crap" moment.  Keeping the Red Senate was awesome, it really sucked when KingZog gave it up.

It has always been my greatest regret that we did not do a better job of making the point that our struggle was not against NPO, but against a set of practices.  Were a lot of people in Vox just to get a shot at NPO?  Yes.  But even they wanted that shot because of the things NPO was doing, which were just as wrong when AAs other than NPO took them up.

It was all an honor to be part of.

It was my honor to be privy to some of your council, even if my project didn't get off the ground (OOC: Recruiting players from other forums) I was proud to share in your council and be considered a friend.

God, this makes me miss Doitzel.

vox7-2.png

The days when there was actually substance in people's post on the OWF. Posts were used to rally alliances to your cause and to bait your enemies to attack. Now posts consist of "Do us a favor and stop posting", mindless hails, and remembering times when it meant something.

o/ Vox Populi

You guys are legends, who fought on forefronts during an important time when I was fighting them a major political front.

Eventually all the major power control structures of World started falling apart. Citadel split with only TOP & OG being on the NPO's side since both were directly treaties. The rest of Citadel was on the Karma side. So for a creation like Citadel, who was created by them to support the NPO power structure, instead saw the majority fighting for the victory they had been preparing for since they started playing. Who knows if that could of happened without Vox setting public opinion.

You guys did something so unlike anything which had been done before, there was no full proof way NPO could stop you guys. You guys were key players in changing the world and heroes back then..Although what's a hero to do these days?

Edited by Methrage