Announcement from GRATOsphere

letub

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why anyone would want to EZI/PZI you.  I'm quite content to have you be the voice of Polardoxia.

:wub: Steve. This thread is just filled with more and more surprises every time I return.

Also, Starfox, are you catching a bit of the MK? ;)

Haha, right! We all need to sign a treaty of ignoring Tywinn - Call it the Sanity Accords

[quote of tywin]

Well, we won. So can I rewrite history to say that I was more powerful than Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, and the Incredible Hulk put together?

When you quote Tywin in your replies, it prevents the rest of us from enjoying the full benefits of the ignore user feature.

When you quote Tywin in your replies, it prevents the rest of us from enjoying the full benefits of the ignore user feature.

I'm sorry. I won't do it again!

Hahaha, well either way, you know what I meant when I stated this.

Actually I don't - I haven't had much interaction with MK in the last 4 years or so :p

MK was an example of a powerful alliance which lacked a concrete hegemonic ideology (friends vs infra is not hegemonic), thus they were very erratic politically. They could only hold what power they held in an incomplete and unstable manner which depended on local superiority to maintain victory.

MK was an example of a powerful alliance which lacked a concrete hegemonic ideology (friends vs infra is not hegemonic), thus they were very erratic politically. They could only hold what power they held in an incomplete and unstable manner which depended on local superiority to maintain victory.

Must be super unstable when you are the center powersphere of Cyber Nations for 3 years.

Must be super unstable when you are the center powersphere of Cyber Nations for 3 years.

As I noted, MK held power through local superiority of military forces in each conflict, but that does not make MK the primary political power. Others had a moderating influence on MK and chose to wait for the alliance to dissipate and self destruct. With MK out of the way, these political influences can now breath more freely and exercise more influence in a more ideologically consistent manner.

If the day comes where they fail to do so, then others will replace them as well. This is an inevitable reality of power and hegemony.

If the day comes where they fail to do so, then others will replace them as well. This is an inevitable reality of power and hegemony.

And then your tune will change to how destabilizing they were and how they were false "leaders" ..

Just tell us the quickest way to shut you up. Treateies and hegemonies don't matter without this.

And then your tune will change to how destabilizing they were and how they were false "leaders" ..Just tell us the quickest way to shut you up. Treateies and hegemonies don't matter without this.

So much this^

I see it getting to the point where someone dow's loss and the only peace stipulation is to ban tywin from owf posting.......

And then your tune will change to how destabilizing they were and how they were false "leaders" ..

Not true at all. Part of ideological consistency is that I don't have to change my tune at all; people become doomed because their decisions fall out of place with material reality, not because of what I say. I just analyze it well.

Just tell us the quickest way to shut you up. Treateies and hegemonies don't matter without this.

tywin lannister, uniting the world against him since forever.

This is the case with the bipolar political system which has reigned since Karma, and earlier between 06 to 07. In a bipolar system, conflict tends to shape between two opposing ideologies, each of which are shaped around the interest of each coalition.

We may finally be going back to the unipolar hegemony, where one ideology shapes itself to provide thought dominion over the majority.

Complete nonsense and pish.

Coalitions are held together by common interests. Even during WuT, Q, CnG/SF and the current era no coalition whatsoever has been held together by a shared ideology. Coalitions change based on the common interests shared by the coalition's members.

Which for TOP & Polar is the pursuit of not rolling the same people over and over again / being rolled.

Whereas NG merely wanted to roll the same people over and over again.

Whereas NG merely wanted to roll the same people over and over again.

I don't think it should come as a shock that the people in power would just as soon roll the same people over and over again, provided it was viable to continue to do so. I'm not sure you can fault anyone for choosing to take the convenient route.