Announcement from GRATOsphere

letub

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As this treaty well demonstrated, most of you don't even have values or ideology beyond friends > infra (without any values to tell you who's worthy of friendship) or maybe just "don't get rolled." Your treaties are fairly arbitrary, so it makes perfect sense that the coalitions built from treaty chaining end up even more arbitrary and devoid of a coherent ideology.

I don't think it was convenience or just wanting to roll the same people over and over. From what I seen it was those people never gave us any reason to not want to roll them. i.e. They held as much dislike for us (if not more) than we did for them and kept us as their enemies as well. War and peace is more than a one way street is what I'm saying I guess. In order for anything to change something like a TOP signing with Polar has to happen.

I suppose. Though the political climate isn't as ripe for repeated rollings as it was in MK's heyday, which is a great thing for all of us.

I agree with this, because when the climate isn't like you say it is, it actually complicates the web even more and allows for political lines to divide in other places, which then creates new/different "sides" or "powerspheres" which then the world plays with. Repeated rollings are boring and they suck for everyone. Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

I don't think it should come as a shock that the people in power would just as soon roll the same people over and over again, provided it was viable to continue to do so. I'm not sure you can fault anyone for choosing to take the convenient route.

stockholm syndrome :|

I suppose. Though the political climate isn't as ripe for repeated rollings as it was in MK's heyday, which is a great thing for all of us.

You do realize that your alliance has just as spotty history as NPO, if not moreso.  Before you got your first hard rolling, NpO would roll the same type of micro alliance over and over again and then make them pay harsh reps or disband them.  Not only that, but you'd roll any alliance on blue that didn't bend the knee to you and join BLEU.  You'd literally would just make up any random CB you wanted to (NADC war), even worse than we have now.  At least now you go with grudge CBs.

I know it's old history, and at some point everyone's history is forgiven.  But you of all alliances should learn to let old history go.

Whereas NG merely wanted to roll the same people over and over again.

Jokes on me for even responding to people like you, but I'm not exactly sure who we've rolled more than once?  Did we even roll NpO twice?  I think it was only with PB that one time.  A lot of people's image of NG is shaped by the Dave war which is pretty ignorant to how NG is run today.  But don't bother actually listening to me, it'll be more fun for you to just keep up the charade.

Edited by Steve Buscemi

Jokes on me for even responding to people like you

Having any kind of a dialogue with people like me would probably have made a lot of things different. c'est le vie.