Peace for Plan B

On the NG/NoR front, I am not concerned with PM in the slightest. Virtually everyone there fought hard and got out after a bashing, often because they were then in our lower tiers and much more difficult logistically to cover. Kudos for getting there. I'm not going to hold anyone over being in PM or use it to paint skewed statistics one way or another. I'm not going to say that NoR was an afterthought, a great concern, not a concern, or whatever. They were another enemy, they got enough attention to rank among the top in damaged received, and that's more than good enough for me for any enemy.

I will note, however, that until NoR surrenders, with PM they are imposing upon themselves an economic penalty that was largely decried by the opposing coalition as terrible, evil, a return to the hegemonic days of power-mad alliances with vindictive and soul-less leaders, etc. etc., and in fact a term that in the end wasn't even levied on Pacifica (even while they choose currently to impose this on themselves bravely waiting until the other fronts close).

I would think surrender would be preferable.

Billions of dongs

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think these two threads became hijacked in part b/c where else do we talk about it - and honestly, isn't this better than 20 pages of "o7" and "Peace Prevails!"?

I will note, however, that until NoR surrenders, with PM they are imposing upon themselves an economic penalty that was largely decried by the opposing coalition as terrible, evil, a return to the hegemonic days of power-mad alliances with vindictive and soul-less leaders, etc. etc., and in fact a term that in the end wasn't even levied on Pacifica (even while they choose currently to impose this on themselves bravely waiting until the other fronts close).

I would think surrender would be preferable.

That made no sense JoshuaR.  You are keeping NoR at war, not us.  We've made an offer that goes above and beyond some of the alliances on our side got.  They have offered to admit defeat and move on, but you continue to demand to have everything your way, even the little details like who posts the peace for crying out loud.  Not very gracious at all and because of that, and your ego, you will continue to be at a state of war longer than you had to be.

As I take a look at Umb, TOP, etc on our front I see you also have pretty much all your tech sellers and other lower tier nations in PM.  So let me ask you this, do you want to keep all those in peace mode over simple words that really aren't all that important?  I don't think you realize that your sphere will continue to be at a state of war until our front peaces out while others can grow in peace.  I'm happy to see CnG and most of the Aftermath/US/ex-SF spheres continue to grow.  So lets not try to spin this as only a NoR problem.  We've fought this war for so long we really don't even know any other state.  This was your own doing. 

And if you had just offered coalition peace we wouldn't be having these issues.  I've said it before.  Coalition peace is best for both sides when done properly.  But instead of realizing that, you chose to just take the opposite opinion and now are paying the price for it with silly front-by-front peace dynamics that offer some alliances, who are more gracious in victory, the opportunity to move on faster than others like your sphere.

That made no sense JoshuaR.  You are keeping NoR at war, not us.  We've made an offer that goes above and beyond some of the alliances on our side got.  They have offered to admit defeat and move on, but you continue to demand to have everything your way, even the little details like who posts the peace for crying out loud.  Not very gracious at all and because of that, and your ego, you will continue to be at a state of war longer than you had to be.

We are both keeping NoR at war. And stop with the stupid argument that we need "everything our way" when I can say the same thing of you.

You need everything your way, including little details like who posts the peace for crying out loud. Not very gracious at all, and because of that, and your ego, you will continue to be at a state of war longer than you need to be.

As I take a look at Umb, TOP, etc on our front I see you also have pretty much all your tech sellers and other lower tier nations in PM.  So let me ask you this, do you want to keep all those in peace mode over simple words that really aren't all that important?  I don't think you realize that your sphere will continue to be at a state of war until our front peaces out while others can grow in peace.  I'm happy to see CnG and most of the Aftermath/US/ex-SF spheres continue to grow.  So lets not try to spin this as only a NoR problem.  We've fought this war for so long we really don't even know any other state.  This was your own doing. 

As I look at NG and NoR, I see pretty much everyone in your alliance is in PM. So let me ask you this, do you want to keep all of those nations in peace mode over simple words that aren't really all that important? I don't think you realize that your sphere will continue to be in a state of war until our front peaces out, while others can grow in peace, and I can grow in peace and send cash to my tech sellers in advance while I wait you out, and for the most part we are much less affected than you being multiple alliances spread out over two. I'm happy to see CnG and most of the other spheres continue to grow. So let's not try to spin this as only an Umbrella/our front problem. We've fought this war for so long we really don't even care. This is your own doing.

And if you had just offered coalition peace we wouldn't be having these issues.  I've said it before.  Coalition peace is best for both sides when done properly.  But instead of realizing that, you chose to just take the opposite opinion and now are paying the price for it with silly front-by-front peace dynamics that offer some alliances, who are more gracious in victory, the opportunity to move on faster than others like your sphere.

I would imagine in that case that we would then see the entire coalition still at war because of these petty side issues.

I've said it before. Surrendering with no other terms for NoR is best when done properly. But instead of realizing that, you choose to take the opposite opinion and are now paying the price for it with extended war, and your allies in Pacifica continue to pay the price for it, with silly arguments over semantics that offer some alliances, who are more gracious in defeat, the opportunity to move on faster unlike yourself.

Steve, you pretend we are being ungracious in victory. Yes, ODN got a white peace deal. Yes CCC and Fark insert white peace into all of their peace agreements. No, everybody else on your side of the war surrendered, including those who also agreed to white peace with CCC and Fark. The truth of the matter is that all of these "lessor" alliances in your coalition, as NoR would say it, have been gracious in defeat and surrendered, while NoR has not.

We are NOT going to change our desires over an alliance that specifically singled out alliances it fought against saying they would never surrender. They will surrender or they and anyone fighting for/with them will remain at war. That's it. That's final. There is no negotiating.

When NoR is ready, if they are ever ready, they can find someone in our group and they can surrender. Until that time, feel free to continue crying about the new evil in the world where the evil puppet-masters in Umbrella and TOP now require the indignity that is surrendering at the end of a war. Maybe you'll sway some hearts into believing we are the worst thing since noWedge, but I am not swayed, and no one fighting NoR is swayed, and we are not going to budge on this especially now that it has become so public and NoR continues to publicly insult "lessor" alliances that it will not ever offer a surrender.

Man up, be gracious in defeat, and maybe people will think better of you in the future.

(Also, I apologize for the formatting of this post. I don't know how to break a "Reply" post into multiple blocks of quotes without screwing the formatting up.)

We are NOT going to change our desires over an alliance that specifically singled out alliances it fought against saying they would never surrender. They will surrender or they and anyone fighting for/with them will remain at war. That's it. That's final. There is no negotiating.

AfNORistan starts now.

Edited by Stewie

Because unlike Pacifica holding FAN at war and attacking them for "breaking terms" that included intricate tank levels, soldier levels, improvement requirements, etc., the evil alliances fighting NoR require the word "surrender."

I don't think anyone will pity an alliance that brings this upon themselves.

People have been hysterically crying about perma-war for a while now, yet most of the fronts have peaced already. You guys just want special treatment, well looks like you are getting it. Lol

We will stay in war as long as we are required to be here.  As has been said we've been able to get out for a while, NGers don't leave allies on the battlefield.

The Alliances of the Usual Suspects Bloc (TIO, NATO, R&R) hereby surrender and admit defeat to Sparta, NpO, MHA, TOP, MI6, Umbrella, UPN, GO, AO, and GOONS. The Alliances of the Usual Suspects bloc agree to white peace with Fark, and House Baratheon. The Global Order of Darkness hereby surrenders and admits defeat to GOONS, TOP, Umbrella, and VE. US and GOD agree not to re-enter the war and may not aid any alliance still involved in the war until after official peace declarations have been made.

All this surrender/admit defeat talk makes the bolded part awesome :D

We will stay in war as long as we are required to be here.  As has been said we've been able to get out for a while, NGers don't leave allies on the battlefield.

This is funny because you're implying that you are better than the alliances who have already surrendered but still have allies in the conflict.

This is funny because you're implying that you are better than the alliances who have already surrendered but still have allies in the conflict.

A lot of alliances peaced out under the impression that everyone was out like dominoes.  That's not happened the way it was initially put forward.

A lot of alliances peaced out under the impression that everyone was out like dominoes.  That's not happened the way it was initially put forward.

So allies didn't communicate correctly with each other on when they were exiting a massive global conflict?  Why is that our issue?  I mean I don't have all the details cause I'm busy as fuck doing other things but this seems backwards.  The winning coalition offers terms and the other coalition accepts them as they will.  Why is that suddenly the winning coalition's fault?

It's a really long story which comes down to the winning coalition not wanting to make small concessions until they feel they've dragged the war out long enough to punish everybody

Small concessions go both ways, the victors of a war are generally not the ones who make the small concessions.

It's a really long story which comes down to the winning coalition not wanting to make small concessions until they feel they've dragged the war out long enough to punish everybody

Wait, I could have sworn our side made some rather large concessions already. Having an alliance use the word surrender will not be one of them. 

Small concessions go both ways, the victors of a war are generally not the ones who make the small concessions.

Yes, remember people. The losers are the ones who gets to dictate terms, not the winners. This message brought to you by the NSO coalition. Can't wait for any of the alliances from the NSO coalition who dares to ever give anything other than white peace after only a month of war. Talk about the ultimate hypocrisy that would happen if the likes of NSO/NG/NPO did not end the war after a month with full white peace (mind you, it simply [i]has[/i] to be coalition wide peace, no individual surrenders now). 

I love this. Particularly given how they all talk about what would happen if TOP/Polar's side were on the losing end. They can't do shit if our side ever ends up on the losing end, not without looking like what they are. Liars. Hypocritical bullshitters. Sore-losers. So on and so forth. When time comes around, and our side does lose, there will be terms. And I will be here to throw every stupid, idiotic word that their ilk dared to utter. All this talk is just utterly worthless.