Congratulations to the GOP!

CubaQuerida

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do it quite easily as outlined in the OP.  

There's an implication that there was a protectorate treaty between your two "alliances;" is that true? If so why not attack TPF and whoever else raided MQ? Looks to me like DBDC/MK is full of pussies too scared to hit a real alliance. 

Edit: I'm better then this... 

Edited by Unknown Smurf

That is exactly what every warring alliance does in times of war, it's what activates treaties and makes people fight friends. Any alliance could call itself a neutral until they start declaring wars, as none of them are technically at war yet. Just because 9 months have passed doesn't make NPO or TOP neutral again.

Sorry I really see no gray area here.

Neutral to global conflicts. It can go around attacking people if it wants. GOP attacked MQ because it had an ideological difference with MQ. That doesn't change its neutrality toward any war that's happening.

As a different yet oddly similar example, how would you feel about a neutral that allowed tech raiding?

Neutral to global conflicts. It can go around attacking people if it wants. GOP attacked MQ because it had an ideological difference with MQ. That doesn't change its neutrality toward any war that's happening.

As a different yet oddly similar example, how would you feel about a neutral that allowed tech raiding?

I'm pretty neutral on the issue. 

GPA is acting decidedly isolationist and neutral in this conflict.

GOP is most definitely not being neutral or isolationist. 

In fact, GOP is fighting to defend its right to remain isolationist - which in a very real sense means they can no longer be truly neutral (since they are now attempting to uphold their CN worldview and force it on others). Fighting to spread and defend your worldview is most decidedly not neutral as indeed GOP has definitively taken sides in the MQ vs TDO war.

You can morally justify whatever you want, righteous or not, but the facts are clear. GOP obviously isn't neutral, they're exactly the same as CCC and TTE and those opportunistic TPF nations who struck MQ without actually being struck.

TPF raided rouges, I can't imagine why anyone including rogues would have an issue with something that has happened for years.

You're a bit opportunistic yourself so it is weird that you somewhat disprove of TPF striking without being struck.

Edited by Commander shepard

GPA is acting decidedly isolationist and neutral in this conflict.

GOP is most definitely not being neutral or isolationist. 

In fact, GOP is fighting to defend its right to remain isolationist - which in a very real sense means they can no longer be truly neutral (since they are now attempting to uphold their CN worldview and force it on others). Fighting to spread and defend your worldview is most decidedly not neutral as indeed GOP has definitively taken sides in the MQ vs TDO war.

I don't think GOP minds your point of view, to be honest.

TPF raided rouges, I can't imagine why anyone including rogues would have an issue with something that has happened for years.

You're a bit opportunistic yourself so it is weird that you somewhat disprove of TPF striking without being struck.

Ahem, TPF attacked the Mushqaeda AA (alliance affiliation), which is composed of 50 members all of whom are coordinating their attacks and receiving orders from a centralized command. If we are not an alliance, then I think we need to establish a clear definition of what is and isn't an alliance. Something no one making the claim that MQ is not an alliance seems intellectually capable of doing. 

Edited by tamerlane

Ahem, TPF attacked the Mushqaeda AA (alliance affiliation), which is composed of 50 members all of whom are coordinating their attacks and receiving orders from a centralized command. If we are not an alliance, then I think we need to establish a clear definition of what is and isn't an alliance. Something no one making the claim that MQ is not an alliance seems intellectually capable of doing. 

Perhaps we should visit your forums or you come to ours and we'll discuss this?

Edited by Roadie

Perhaps we should visit your forums or you come to ours and we'll discuss this?

I'll be happy to visit if you'd be so kind as to prep an embassy for my arrival. Otherwise, you can query me on IRC if you would like to speak. 

Edited by tamerlane

Sir Hoppington smiles at your choice to get a little aggressive and hopes you'll find CN becomes much more interesting now that you have :)

Edited by tayloj7

I see your point, but a DoE announcement with a charter and a flag seem to be the minimum, forums and a wiki entry help as well.  Your flag, if I recall, was actually used in the disbandment announcement of MK.

Edited by Walshington

MQ isn't an alliance by their own words. Neither are y'all last I checked. How do you protect them?

This is blatantly false. Just because an alliance acts as others would not, everyone decides to say they are not an alliance? That's dumb as shit.

I see your point, but a DoE announcement with a charter and a flag seem to be the minimum, forums and a wiki entry help as well.  Your flag, if I recall, was actually used in the disbandment announcement of MK.

Mushqaeda was but one of the many factions with MK.  It was only fitting the flag be used in the disbandment considering we are the best faction.  

So? We have been acting as a vassal state of the Mushroom Kingdom for some time now. It was only fititng it was included in the memorial of our former protectors. Our AA, prior to MKs disbandment, was protected by the Mushroom Kingdom.  We follow the will of Allarchon which is interpreted by yours truly. We are no new presence to this game as we have fought many wars under the Mushqaeda banner, 3 vs CCC. In our last war, we actually declared war on behalf of the Mushroom Kingdom. 

DoEs and Charters. DoEs and Charters mean so little to this game in this day and age, who really cares if some micro of 50 something nations creates one. It just gets lost in time until some e-lawyer decides they are up to the task of attempting to find a loophole for a war that said alliance was going to start whether it was there or not. 

As for forums and wiki, who can be bothered to create such things when the goal of so many of our own is ultimately matrydom?

Edited by tamerlane

This is blatantly false. Just because an alliance acts as others would not, everyone decides to say they are not an alliance? That's dumb as shit.

Something is wrong when I find myself agreeing with Rey, makes me feel like I must have missed something logically, but he's right on point here.  All sides have proven to stand up for what they think is right, and it's refreshing for a change.  

So? We have been acting as a vassal state of the Mushroom Kingdom for some time now. It was only fititng it was included in the memorial of our former protectors. Our AA, prior to MKs disbandment, was protected by the Mushroom Kingdom.  We follow the will of Allarchon which is interpreted by yours truly. We are no new presence to this game as we have fought many wars under the Mushqaeda banner, 3 vs CCC. In our last war, we actually declared war on behalf of the Mushroom Kingdom. 

DoEs and Charters. DoEs and Charters mean so little to this game in this day and age, who really cares if some micro of 50 something nations creates one. It just gets lost in time until some e-lawyer decides they are up to the task of attempting to find a loophole for a war that said alliance was going to start whether it was there or not. 

As for forums and wiki, who can be bothered to create such things when the goal of so many of our own is ultimately matrydom?

Well, SOMEbody asked what it took to be recognized as an alliance.  I'm just saying that the stuff on paper is usually what does it.  DoE's, charters and that sort of thing are recognized as the currency in this.  Is there a record of your protectorate with MK anywhere? Even Bear Force 1 went through the motions of legitimacy.

Clearly you have numbers and are organized.  I can see both sides of the argument.  In the end, it is all semantics, I suppose -- you are what you are, and other nations' actions are what they are.  Whether you are a large rogue group or an undocumented alliance, it really doesn't change anything for anyone.  

In the end, it is all semantics, I suppose -- you are what you are, and other nations' actions are what they are.  Whether you are a large rogue group or an undocumented alliance, it really doesn't change anything for anyone.  

That's the idea ;)

?

DBDC at its inception said it is not an alliance it is "offshoot of the SBSC internal faction of Umbrella." (and/or Doomhouse as a whole). If they have changed that since I am unaware, hence me saying "last I checked." 

As for acting unconventionally, you are talking to the one of the least conventional alliances out here and we do still consider ourselves an alliance. 

Edited by Unknown Smurf

Technically, any Alliance Affiliation is an Alliance.

However, to accommodate conventions and traditions regarding Alliances, I would suggest the following; A 'formal' Alliance is one which is governed by rules or regulations of some kind. An 'informal' Alliance does not.

MQ is an informal Alliance. DBDC is a formal Alliance, albeit one whose identity is irrevocably tied to another.