Secret Agent....Vikings

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd check yourself on that.

Checked

<Chimaera> I think most of your government is incompetent and I think you're insane for staying there.
<Chimaera> Stay in NSO with your pack of fucktards if you want. Any alliance with Hereno in it can only collapse.

Bitter much I think you might be a better fit over at NSO let the hate consume you man.

You are an absolute retard.

He already had to step out of the kitchen; he couldn't handle it.

Yeah, stagnation really isn't my thing. You guys do seem to have a hardon for begging me to come back though.

i felt quite the opposite, Valhalla could have done much better.

Yeah well you still like Polar so your opinion on alliances just can't be trusted!

When we figured out what alliance he was joining we treated him like shit to match the new alliance.

How sweet mate. Coming from an alliance that set out to do something different and failed miserably, I am amused. I look at NSO's past as a warning. You may still exist but you are nothing but a mundane alliance that may as well be lumped in with the likes of CSN, MCXA, and any other generic bland alliance.

Checked

<Chimaera> I think most of your government is incompetent and I think you're insane for staying there.
<Chimaera> Stay in NSO with your pack of fucktards if you want. Any alliance with Hereno in it can only collapse.

Oh come on, this is tame compared to most of the shit flinged at your terrible alliance.

Edited by MitchellBade

How sweet mate. Coming from an alliance that set out to do something different and failed miserably, I am amused. I look at NSO's past as a warning. You may still exist but you are nothing but a mundane alliance that may as well be lumped in with the likes of CSN, MCXA, and any other generic bland alliance.

An alliance that set out to do something different but is actually "mundane", "generic", and "bland"?

Is this post supposed to be meta or are you just projecting?

Boy oh boy.

Here's where I find myself torn between friends and allies. Its supposed to be all about politics for me nowadays sooo...

I believe MI6 is and will be just another alliance like every other alliance out there, until I am proven wrong.

Your "difference maker" is your gonna "start your own sphere", welp sorry guys its been done before. Nothing new there.

You assembled a group of "veterans who are gonna put their differences aside for the betterment of the community". Yea, that's been tried/done before too. And failed, iirc.

Your activity is high. You have 20+ on IRC most of the time. We'll see about that when the new wears off.

I'm in no way trying to bash MI6, you just shouldn't running off at the mouth about other alliances who have tried doing what you are trying now. If anything, NSO does have something that separates them from the other alliances including yours and that is the challenge system. So while that may not be a game changer for everyone it does set them apart. Lets not also forget the newest Moldavi Doctrine which was, at the time, different. Edited by Cynic

Boy oh boy.

Here's where I find myself torn between friends and allies. Its supposed to be all about politics for me nowadays sooo...

I believe MI6 is and will be just another alliance like every other alliance out there, until I am proven wrong.

Your "difference maker" is your gonna "start your own sphere", welp sorry guys its been done before. Nothing new there.

You assembled a group of "veterans who are gonna put their differences aside for the betterment of the community". Yea, that's been tried/done before too. And failed, iirc.

Your activity is high. You have 20+ on IRC most of the time. We'll see about that when the new wears off.

I'm in no way trying to bash MI6, you just shouldn't running off at the mouth about other alliances who have tried doing what you are trying now. If anything, NSO does have something that separates them from the other alliances including yours and that is the challenge system. So while that may not be a game changer for everyone it does set them apart.

If you think "starting our own sphere" is why MI6 was created then you by no means know much about MI6. As for what other alliances have tried to do, that is all well and good. It gives MI6 some history to study and find where the flaws and cracks were so that we can avoid making the same mistakes. 

The challenge system is meh at best. You are right, it is not a game changer. What would have been a game changer is for NSO to actually use the Moldavi Doctrine as it was intended instead of shelving it and letting it collect dust. 

I am running my mouth because MI6 has yet to fail in the way that NSO did. NSO set out to be game changing and turned generic and bland instead. That is failure. If MI6 does the same, so be it. We will have failed at that point. As of right now, we have not failed though.

If you think "starting our own sphere" is why MI6 was created then you by no means know much about MI6. As for what other alliances have tried to do, that is all well and good. It gives MI6 some history to study and find where the flaws and cracks were so that we can avoid making the same mistakes. 

The challenge system is meh at best. You are right, it is not a game changer. What would have been a game changer is for NSO to actually use the Moldavi Doctrine as it was intended instead of shelving it and letting it collect dust. 

I am running my mouth because MI6 has yet to fail in the way that NSO did. NSO set out to be game changing and turned generic and bland instead. That is failure. If MI6 does the same, so be it. We will have failed at that point. As of right now, we have not failed though.

Never said "starting your own sphere" was why MI6 is formed, but I had a many a discussion of what we were gonna do different with Chim and that was p much his top answer along with "just trust us" which is part of what led to my departure.

To me, if you haven't succeeded, you've failed. Until MI6 actually shows us all wrong then you are in fact just another bland alliance, no matter what your intentions are.

Have we failed though?
We set out setting a standard of White Peace across the board? For the most part that seems accepted on a wide level.
We set a standard of you can attack whoever regardless of treaty obligations. That has been widely accepted and seen throughout the verse time and time again, whether that be through ghost declarations, wars with admittedly no casus belli, or the "Attack on one is an attack on all" mantra.
We sought to set a standard that recruiting from allianaces is alright; you're members won't leave if they are loyal. That seems to be widely accepted, as seen by the formation of your own alliance.
Need I go on? Although the world may not taken the ideals we hold in the time frame we have wished for, they have been taken too.

At the end of the day, the Sith really do hold no real opinion of you lot. You have yet to even leave a mere footprint on this world, but although your delusions of grandeur are misled, that is something that we can appreciate. If an alliance does not have a vision, then what is it besides a collective blob of more nations with no drive.

You came into this world barking at us for reasons beyond us. A group of veteran players such as yourselves should know, we are going to bark back. Recognize this fact and perhaps in the future we shall meet on better terms. Edited by youwish959

We set out setting a standard of White Peace across the board? 
We set a standard of you can attack whoever regardless of treaty obligations.

I'm pretty sure that NSO wasn't who set this two things as a standard in cyberverse. I'm pretty sure white peace was used way before NSO creation and Moldavi Doctrine was nothing more than Ivan telling the obvious. 

To me, if you haven't succeeded, you've failed. Until MI6 actually shows us all wrong then you are in fact just another bland alliance, no matter what your intentions are.

"Another bland alliance" would be an interesting way to put it. Most "bland" alliances I can think of are content with how the world is. They're inactive and have no drive. Right off the bat we're different: We have activity, we have goals, and we have ambition. I'd argue that sets us apart from the majority of Bob's inhabitants. Whether we succeed or fail, you can be damn sure we're at least going to try.

Have we failed though?

I mean, I like NSO, but you weren't exactly a key piece of the puzzle for any of that to happen. White peace across the board has developed naturally over time, and it only manifested itself fully these past two wars. In one, there was no way to justify real terms, while in the second war no one was able force the opposition into submission.

We set a standard of you can attack whoever regardless of treaty obligations. That has been widely accepted and seen throughout the verse time and time again, whether that be through ghost declarations, wars with admittedly no casus belli, or the "Attack on one is an attack on all" mantra.

Ghost declarations are still people using treaty obligations, it's just using multiple to try and cover their ass from the peanut gallery looking for something to moan about. That happens more than anyone declaring just because they believe in a cause, which very rarely happens in the world today. So I don't think you accomplished that, either.

The recruiting part is a very large stretch. If you mass recruit in a serious fashion from any alliance in a position to do something about it, chances are they will. Telling your friends you're forming an alliance and you want them involved... well hey, how else do you spread the word to your friends? "Poaching" has been going on in one way or another since before NSO's time in the world, so I can't really give you guys credit for it.

At the end of the day, the Sith really do hold no real opinion of you lot. You have yet to even leave a mere footprint on this world, but although your delusions of grandeur are misled, that is something that we can appreciate. If an alliance does not have a vision, then what is it besides a collective blob of more nations with no drive.

You came into this world barking at us for reasons beyond us. A group of veteran players such as yourselves should know, we are going to bark back. Recognize this fact and perhaps in the future we shall meet on better terms.

I agree with your point. We haven't accomplished much of anything just yet. We have our goals, you have yours, and that's really how the game should be played. You'd think we could (should) find a mutual respect in that.

And, of course, the white peace epidemic and the 'attack anyone' mantra are two of the reasons this world is dying.  They help keep us in, hell they've helped create, a cycle of long-lasting yet utterly predictable conflicts with predetermined victors and with no ultimate benefactor.  So perhaps it is debatable whether you've succeeded or failed - but if you've been a success, then everyone on this planet is worse off for it.  Pick better signature achievements, because I do think you've probably done some good.

Nobody in this alliance has wasted their time barking at you.  Those quotes you've posted are from me, in a private conversation with a person I thought was a friend - and let's be honest, the only reason they're noteworthy at all is because they were posted; every single person in this discussion has said worse - I know I have.  I'm certain you folks hold similar opinions of me, and quite frankly I don't care whatsoever - the faux-kindness that abounds in this realm between hundreds of leaders who do genuinely dislike each other is nauseating. 

Ultimately, we'll all be measured on worth.  On the competence of our economies, militaries, and foreign policy staffs, or on our ability as alliances to keep members engrossed and entertained and not distracted by things like the changing of the seasons.  I think MI6 has done quite well for ourselves so far - we've grown nicely, our activity is as good as any, and our economy thrives.

And, as this discussion was INTENDED to be about before I went and opened my mouth, we've acquired some fine new allies in Valhalla.

Edited by Chimaera

You are an absolute retard.

Yeah, stagnation really isn't my thing. You guys do seem to have a hardon for begging me to come back though.
 Yeah well you still like Polar so your opinion on alliances just can't be trusted!

I expected better from you apparently i gave you way to much credit.  Its ok man I understand live in the past its much safer there. 

And, of course, the white peace epidemic and the 'attack anyone' mantra are two of the reasons this world is dying.  They help keep us in, hell they've helped create, a cycle of long-lasting yet utterly predictable conflicts with predetermined victors and with no ultimate benefactor.  So perhaps it is debatable whether you've succeeded or failed - but if you've been a success, then everyone on this planet is worse off for it.  Pick better signature achievements, because I do think you've probably done some good.

Nobody in this alliance has wasted their time barking at you.  Those quotes you've posted are from me, in a private conversation with a person I thought was a friend - and let's be honest, the only reason they're noteworthy at all is because they were posted; every single person in this discussion has said worse - I know I have.  I'm certain you folks hold similar opinions of me, and quite frankly I don't care whatsoever - the faux-kindness that abounds in this realm between hundreds of leaders who do genuinely dislike each other is nauseating. 

Ultimately, we'll all be measured on worth.  On the competence of our economies, militaries, and foreign policy staffs, or on our ability as alliances to keep members engrossed and entertained and not distracted by things like the changing of the seasons.  I think MI6 has done quite well for ourselves so far - we've grown nicely, our activity is as good as any, and our economy thrives.

And, as this discussion was INTENDED to be about before I went and opened my mouth, we've acquired some fine new allies in Valhalla.

Hey, look, I agree with this individual who happens to be in MI6. This also happens to be one of the few times I have. Hopefully this is considered on topic.

I think the white peace annamoly will subside shortly, whereas the "attack anyone," doctrine is here to stay.

Those guest rite's have long been broken.

Never said "starting your own sphere" was why MI6 is formed, but I had a many a discussion of what we were gonna do different with Chim and that was p much his top answer along with "just trust us" which is part of what led to my departure.

So you got butthurt because you weren't included in all the little secrets and ran to some micro? From the looks of the micro, it is just gonna fold up shop. Just a matter of when, not if.

Have we failed though?
We set out setting a standard of White Peace across the board? For the most part that seems accepted on a wide level.
We sought to set a standard that recruiting from allianaces is alright; you're members won't leave if they are loyal. That seems to be widely accepted, as seen by the formation of your own alliance.
Need I go on? Although the world may not taken the ideals we hold in the time frame we have wished for, they have been taken too.

You came into this world barking at us for reasons beyond us. A group of veteran players such as yourselves should know, we are going to bark back. Recognize this fact and perhaps in the future we shall meet on better terms.

Yeah, you are a complete failure now. You did not set the standard for white peace. Nor did you set the standard for hitting whoever you want. Pretty sure NPO did that long before NSO existed. Also, Chim actually poached from alliances long before NSO existed as well. Damn, you failed 3 for 3 mate. 

Actually most of MI6 was not really caring about NSO up until you opened your fat mouth against Haruhi. Unlike you and NSO, MI6 will defend our members, whether on the field or the forums. Recognize this fact and perhaps in the future we shall meet on better terms.

Actually most of MI6 was not really caring about NSO up until you opened your fat mouth against Haruhi. Unlike you and NSO, MI6 will defend our members, whether on the field or the forums. Recognize this fact and perhaps in the future we shall meet on better terms.

Haruhi deserves every negative remark (not that you'd know), and your leader is so incompetent that he not only let my posts get to him in the first place, but he then placed the opinions of myself (and, I suppose youwish) on NSO as a whole because our government hadn't squelched our posting. It's simply amazing to me how MI6 can be an alliance lead entirely by veteran members and still have no idea what you're doing. It is that kind of naivety and childishness that leads to the creation of a super-original spy-themed alliance that thinks it's going to change the world. If I were Valhalla, I would be embarrassed of having taken the bait and gone for the FOTM alliance that seemingly thinks people owe it anything simply for having grandiose pipe dreams.

I won't sit here and try to impress the masses with shouts of "I'm different" as your alliance has been doing for the past few weeks, but I will point out that MI6 has in no way differentiated itself from the mass of other new alliances, other than a slightly higher member count.

Honestly I think you'll end up like the IAA's before you did.

edit: Congrats on the treaty though.

Edited by Master Holton

The fact you let Chimaera get under your guys' skin is disheartening. When NSO was founded, the rhetoric was the same, the drive was the same and even the veteran status of most members early on marks another similarity. Everyone said the same thing to NSO that you (the members posting here) are saying about MI6 today. There was not single person gave a damn about what people said about the gov, the rhetoric or the alliance. I know I didn't and I'm sure a majority of NSO doesn't today. In the same vain, I don't care what you say about MI6. We'll be here 6 months from now, 1 year from now, 3 years from now. Plain and simple. I'm going to say this pissing contest can end now, it's a fruitless endeavor for either side. No one will budge and no one will say the other is right.

Holton, there's a big difference between IAA, IAA2 and MI6 (a big part of it is there are very few former IAA in this alliance). If you're interested, feel free to hit me up on IRC and we'll talk about it.

With that said, once again, I'm glad to see this treaty.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

Haruhi deserves every negative remark (not that you'd know), and your leader is so incompetent that he not only let my posts get to him in the first place, but he then placed the opinions of myself (and, I suppose youwish) on NSO as a whole because our government hadn't squelched our posting. It's simply amazing to me how MI6 can be an alliance lead entirely by veteran members and still have no idea what you're doing. It is that kind of naivety and childishness that leads to the creation of a super-original spy-themed alliance that thinks it's going to change the world. If I were Valhalla, I would be embarrassed of having taken the bait and gone for the FOTM alliance that seemingly thinks people owe it anything simply for having grandiose pipe dreams.

To be fair, Chimaera is a fucking tard