Lower Tier thread

LexLuthor18

I'm doing fine, thank you. Could wage war for another few months without turtling. I do appreciate that you guys take time to throw me a few SDI-less nations every cycle. It's real cool.

It did take us a little while to knock you down to the level where some folks' nations aren't as developed.  But, that happens in war.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm doing fine, thank you. Could wage war for another few months without turtling. I do appreciate that you guys take time to throw me a few SDI-less nations every cycle. It's real cool.

Oh, and your $1B warchest and your over 50% tech loss.  Yes, please tell us more about how well you're doing.

Are you stupid? Low tiers are easy to be rebuilt, however, if your lower tier is being pounded repeatedly, and aid slots aren't getting filled, your members are going to start bitching about the war in general and want out.

That's a pretty forlorn hope there bucko

You wouldn't be alone there, it seems to be part of their strategy, like a bunch of bat equipped scouts trying to take down a level 3 sentry in TF2.

But yeah, GOONS has seemingly taken all the significant damage we're going to take this war.  So we too could do this for a very, very long time.

All the significant damage? I guess that translates to your bigger nations staying in Peace mode.

I imagine they will do that for a long time.

Edited by Commander shepard

IDMu72a.png

Nice work, Rambo.

They can't even beat our ghosts... :smug:

I hate it when people criticize GOONS and not realise that GOONS dont care. GOONS isnt meant to be rebuilt. Have you ever seen Umbrella rebuilding them or dropping lots of dongs sometime after war? No.

I'm genuinely curious, is this meant to be propaganda or is your head just buried too far into your own ass to perceive the world around you?

Oh, and your $1B warchest and your over 50% tech loss.  Yes, please tell us more about how well you're doing.

Right. But my nation never grew above 45k NS, so to speak, I started this with 1.2bn. I beefed up to 50k NS when I first DoWed and I lost all my tech to this gentleman above you, Link, who DoWed on me with 13k tech, an anomality that wouldn't have happened normally (but I grew 7k during my first days of war) so he was able to down declare on me.

I still see you got a raging one for us, though, Otter. Hopefully this war gives you a chance to evacuate all that pent up rage that you got regarding TOP. You know, for all the atrocious crimes we've committed against Argent, or something.

I'm still doing quite fine. A billion, at 15k NS, lasts for months. I don't really expect to see another 13k tech nuke turret DoW on me at this level (I still outdamaged my opponents during that war cycle because of the six to one ratio of nukes I could drop, including 4 SDI-less targets). Also, 3k or 1.5k tech, the difference isn't exactly massive. In terms of damage, it's probably even better that I am at 1.5k tech because the folks countering me got no SDIs which really maximize the damage I do.

It was more of a tongue-in-cheek comment because we don't really have a lower tier to speak of but hey, feel free to really get angry about it. :)

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

GOONS have the best damage ratio of any alliance in this war, approx 2.45 NS damage done to each 1NS lost.

My experience down in the mini tier is pretty nice as well. You really should try and tell them to get GC's before attacking.

Got the stats to back that up?  The answer is no, no you don't. 

Edit: But I've got the stats to disprove it!

Edited by Mompson

Protip: You shouldn't be buying back infra and tech during a long term war.

I didn't say anything about buying back infra, although my two current opponents bought a lot back, including one who bought up to 17K infra using half of his $4B warchest.  You should still be buying tech.  Tech in the larger nations > $3M in the lower nations.

And 50% tech loss [i]hurts[/i]. 

Right. But my nation never grew above 45k NS, so to speak, I started this with 1.2bn. I beefed up to 50k NS when I first DoWed and I lost all my tech to this gentleman above you, Link, who DoWed on me with 13k tech, an anomality that wouldn't have happened normally (but I grew 7k during my first days of war) so he was able to down declare on me.

I still see you got a raging one for us, though, Otter. Hopefully this war gives you a chance to evacuate all that pent up rage that you got regarding TOP. You know, for all the atrocious crimes we've committed against Argent, or something.

I'm still doing quite fine. A billion, at 15k NS, lasts for months. I don't really expect to see another 13k tech nuke turret DoW on me at this level (I still outdamaged my opponents during that war cycle because of the six to one ratio of nukes I could drop, including 4 SDI-less targets). Also, 3k or 1.5k tech, the difference isn't exactly massive. In terms of damage, it's probably even better that I am at 1.5k tech because the folks countering me got no SDIs which really maximize the damage I do.

It was more of a tongue-in-cheek comment because we don't really have a lower tier to speak of but hey, feel free to really get angry about it. :)

I'm just saying that it's silly of you to say that you're kicking ass in the lower tier considering you got knocked down there pretty hard.

I'm just saying that it's silly of you to say that you're kicking ass in the lower tier considering you got knocked down there pretty hard.

It's not silly. I'm kicking ass in the lower tier. I got knocked down hard because of an anomality: at 50k NS, I got DoWed on by a guy with 13k tech. Alone, he is responsible for 90% of the damage my nation received and that includes 11 other opponents. 

When I got out of PM, I also expected to go down to the lower tier. That was the plan. To fight where I knew I'd kick ass. But hey, even on the first cycle of wars, when I got DoWed by that 13k tech guy (with all of my 3.4k tech), I did exactly 74k damage and took 37k myself (34k of that coming from Link's nation). Look at the damage I'm taking at the moment. Your guy asks how we doing in the lower tier. Not how I did in the middle tier.

I didn't say anything about buying back infra, although my two current opponents bought a lot back, including one who bought up to 17K infra using half of his $4B warchest.  You should still be buying tech.  Tech in the larger nations > $3M in the lower nations.

And 50% tech loss hurts.

No wonder your side doesn't know how to build nations.

we don't really have a lower tier to speak of

Now you do!    :P

Your general point is well taken.  Really there are capable people on both sides who are doing a lot more damage than they are taking.  Any time a capable fighter drops down into tiers that are lower than where they were, they're going to have an advantage over most opponents, at least one-on-one.  I had the edge over you, but similarly I got thumped the first round against Aesis, back when their nation had 19k tech or so.