Welcome the end

KemMo

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having Deinos declare war on you is like being beset by a very enthusiastic puppy. Once you hit it in the nose with the newspaper, it cowers in the corner and wonders what it did wrong. It then starts exploring to see what it can get away with so you hit it with the newspaper again. Eventually it seeks to make nice, then gets really freaked out when it's bigger and older friend does his best to punch above their collective weight. At this point the puppy analogy fails, because the puppy doesn't frantically run behind it's friend's back to apologize for the offense. A few months later, the puppy has forgotten it's errors and starts barking at shadows again. I'm sure another newspaper to the nose will fix the noise and we can all get back to this war.

Mc7t48.png

YOU ASKED FOR IT....

We have been telling the GOONS to take off their skirt and quit cheerleading.

We told the GOONS that they know where we live.

We even made fun of Sardonic's inability to take on a rogue, let alone an AA.

Well, GOONS just didn't want to come play on our field. We heard they may have taken off their skirts, but they accidentally wandered onto the field of our friends over in Anarchy Inc. We've come to help them find their direction.

When GOONs declared on our friends, we think they called us out, but we aren't sure, as they have often called us "mouth breathing window lickers."
3026hlc.jpg

Just over a year ago, NPL was walking along and the fat girl started a fight with us. We took quite the beating.

Now, it's our turn.

Contrary to the unmistakable paranoia of the collective guilty conscience GOONS obviously has, as voiced by their mouthpiece, Sardonic, this isn't about vengeance. That is for another time. No, this is about Equilibrium.

In defense of the Equilibrium coalition, the NPL declares war on the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism. May Admin have mercy on you, because we shall not.

GOONS, we're calling you out. No more bleating goat talk. No more dodging the bait. Here it is. You and us. In the streets. Gunz blazin.
2410ymg.jpg

P.S. Sardonic, we'll hold your skirt for you while we play with water pistols; we wouldn't want it to get ruined.
3583nlx.jpg

Signed
KemMo - Prime Minister, HMFIC
Gofast2006 - Deputy Prime Minister, Celebrates National Gofast Day
Morjon - Consul, Resident Artist
King Wally - Warhead of Foreign Affairs, Notoriously Bad Speller
Smurthwaite - Warhead of Communications, Author of NPL DoWs
Houston - Warhead of Recruiting, Better Than Katashimon13 ;)
Dark Zone Elite - Warhead of Education, Cartels Tremble at DZE's Name
Corrosive Affliction - Chief Compliance Officer, AKA CA the Resident Russian

I bet posting this^ was like letting go of a fart that you have been holding in waaaaay to loong :D

Happy hunting to you NPL :gun:

Why are you wasting your own time replying?

Viridian Entente felt it necessary to recognize a state of war that was (according to you) already declared here. Are you going to complain to them, or do you just suffer from a condition that makes you terrible and inconsistent?

You might want to get that checked out...

foot-in-mouth-xray.jpg?w=584

VE didn't do a blanket dow when they entered the war you genius so no I won't ask them the same thing.

I think you should take your own advice and get yourself checked out. Btw your VE dow link was not theirs but rather the AI coalition one, just sayin

At this point the puppy analogy fails,

I don't think that analogy succeeded in the first place. I had a blast fighting Fark and would never mind going another round.

Anyways I'll let NPL get back to asking for attention. Seeing as how DoW's are apparently optional for your coalition, I can only assume that's the only reason you posted this.

Anyways I'll let NPL get back to asking for attention. Seeing as how DoW's are apparently optional for your coalition, I can only assume that's the only reason you posted this.

Very nice of you. Appreciated :)

VE didn't do a blanket dow when they entered the war you genius so no I won't ask them the same thing.

I think you should take your own advice and get yourself checked out. Btw your VE dow link was not theirs but rather the AI coalition one, just sayin

There are two hyperlinks there bassman, and they're right ;)

I'll go slowly:

1) NPO issued a blanket declaration of war, as shown in link two

2) NPO attacks VE

3) VE gets upset because NPO didn't post a declaration of war against them, as shown in link one

Points of inconsistency: 

A) VE is upset about NPO not posting declaration of war outside blanket declaration, you do not complain

B) NPL posts declaration of war outside blanket declaration, you complain

but they accidentally wandered onto the field of our friends over in Anarchy Inc.

Can you guys stop acting like you have treaties where they don't exist, "defending" alliances when it's via optional agression, and other random retardation.  What are you trying to prove? 

I don't care if you 4-5 chain oA into the fight or with no treaty at all.  I'm just glad you will shut up about pre-empts and other tactics used during war.  Not sure why you act so embarassed that you've come to the light and recognized coalition warfare.

I'll go slowly:

1) NPO issued a blanket declaration of war, as shown in link two

2) NPO attacks VE

3) VE gets upset because NPO didn't post a declaration of war against them, as shown in link one

Points of inconsistency: 

A) VE is upset about NPO not posting declaration of war outside blanket declaration, you do not complain

B) NPL posts declaration of war outside blanket declaration, you complain

Just to make this very, very clear since I've seen this a few times even though both Goldie's and Brehon's comments indicate that's not the case.

VE is not 'upset' that NPO didn't post a DoW.

We do certain things in a certain manner, and they involve serious events having the appropriate official element required by circumstance. We even title all our DoW's the exact same way. Comments in that thread regarding the detrimental effect the musketeer strategy has on warfare are unrelated to our personal reasons for posting it. Pacifica's lack of official declaration does not negatively effect our opinion of them, and we fully intend to have a respectful and amicable fight like we do every war.

Carry on.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

It's funny because I'm pretty sure that these individual DoWs are what everyone claims that they -really- wanted. But would we rather have 2 threads for everyone to mindlessly hail, or 25? The worst that can be said is that the treaty web has been "ignored". The treaty web is the thing that's been making life tricky for everyone. It's temporarily set aside, although I'm sure we could all type out the formal chains anyway if we could be bothered. Why are people complaining now? Politics.

Edited by Avakael

It's good to see you acknowledge the fact :D

I'll be the first to admit that the GOONs attempt to destroy the NPL back in our foundation months did more to strengthen us then any internal effort we ever came up with before or since.

It set a framework for which we prepare for now, and makes any following war look pale in comparison. When your bred out of 30:1 odds and ZI's you fear very little moving forward. We litterally have to drag people kicking and screaming into peace mode and generally don't bother. They know what they are in for and they all throw themselves in with blatent disregard for their Pixels which I love.

So yes I do thank you. For better or worse GOONs contributed something to CN. Better sig that while you get the chance! :awesome:  

I'll be the first to admit that the GOONs attempt to destroy the NPL back in our foundation months did more to strengthen us then any internal effort we ever came up with before or since.

It set a framework for which we prepare for now, and makes any following war look pale in comparison. When your bred out of 30:1 odds and ZI's you fear very little moving forward. We litterally have to drag people kicking and screaming into peace mode and generally don't bother. They know what they are in for and they all throw themselves in with blatent disregard for their Pixels which I love.

So yes I do thank you. For better or worse GOONs contributed something to CN. Better sig that while you get the chance! :awesome:  

New GOONS, just like the old GOONS

We never set out to destroy the NPL or wipe you from existence. We fought you because of treaty obligations. If we had wanted to run you out there would not have been a peace process for you. Instead that didn't happen because that isn't the kind of alliance we are in spite of you seemingly wanting us to exterminate you. We never will attempt to do so either and not because we did not or do not have the political capital to do so, or because our public image would suffer, but because we're better than you. Extermination is and never will be considered solutions for us unlike it is for you. Not to mention, our interest in the NPL is disproportional to the level of interest you have in us. Much like the UPN before you, this obsessive interest in us will only bring ruin to your fledgling alliance.

We never set out to destroy the NPL or wipe you from existence. We fought you because of treaty obligations. If we had wanted to run you out there would not have been a peace process for you. Instead that didn't happen because that isn't the kind of alliance we are in spite of you seemingly wanting us to exterminate you. We never will attempt to do so either and not because we did not or do not have the political capital to do so, or because our public image would suffer, but because we're better than you. Extermination is and never will be considered solutions for us unlike it is for you. Not to mention, our interest in the NPL is disproportional to the level of interest you have in us. Much like the UPN before you, this obsessive interest in us will only bring ruin to your fledgling alliance.

What Treaty obligation was it again? I forget.

Marx dispite the fact you were one of the first on the front line that day (you were the first to hit me anyway! :) ) you seam to have selective memory over the circumstances. I'll elaborate if you like.

In October 2011 the NPL accepted a recruit being tech raided by GOONS. We waved our little e-pean around and tried to get him peace, a silly phase we went through I will admit in hindsight. After several days we gave him two rounds of 3 mill as aid figuring if you wouldn't peace out at least our recruit would get a fighting chance.

Silly move.

We then had Sardonic on us threating war unless we paid 50 million in reps. We negotiated down to 33 million in reps (with 100tech=3mill exchange rate agree'd apon) and got it paid and peace was settled.

In December 2011 the grudge war took off and we found ourselves at war with Nebula-X, by this point all our allys were also at war and GOONs knew it... in fact one goon dropped a nice "Hello NPL" in the DOW of our last ally to lock away. No treaty existed by any fashion between GOONs and Neb-X the war was entirely to settle the fact GOONs were still pissed about our interfearance in their tech raiding and was publicly stated as such several times.

GOONs along with all of DOOMHOUSE (with Alchemy yapping in tow) then NO-CB'd the chestnut accords along with the NPL. After frantic negotiations the Chestnuts were peaced out that day with no-reentry clauses and the war focused on NPL who was excluded from peace talks. We then set about resolving loose ends on our side and peaced out with Neb-X to avoid any confusion over the motives for the war. The fight then went on for a solid 2 months with the only peace talks being joke "mercy board" stunts that even when completed were never accepted and were in fact purely for your own humor. It was only when FARK refused to peace out their war front with NPO that you even came seriously to the table and peace was secured. Not because you wanted to but because you had coalition members twisting your arm to let it go.

Your diplomat to the NPL at the time made it very clear what your position was. Aiming for disbandment by Xmas aparently. And it was around as the deadline for that was kicking in that you yanked in Europa on us to try and push us harder into ZI.

Anyway as you can see yes we developed a healthy dislike for you all at around that point. Obsessesd? Nah we get by quite fine without worrying about you but that doesn't mean we will turn down an offer to revisit an old friend on the battlefield if the oportunety arose which it has at present.

Regardless that is history, for now we have a war to fight. Hopefully this will provide a little closure for the people that fought you for those months back in 2011/12. Here's to a solid fight, I would expect no less from you.

You could have had peace weeks sooner if you had just produced a quality play. Can't you see what we've been doing this whole time? We are a creativity engine. Art through adversity. As you say, everything we've done to you has made you better. We taught you a lesson about FA, then we taught you war. You shouldn't be hating us, you should be thanking us for revealing your weaknesses, and beginning the improvement process. An alliance's true colors are shown when the chips are down, improvements are mandatory, or they will fail. Adversity challenges an alliance, easy victory produces weakness, arrogance, laze and sloppiness. The weak will fold, the strong will survive.

An alliance war is definitely not a joke, and I have no intention of making light of them. And it can be a tough and emotional thing for nations to go through, speaking from personal experience. And I know that it's often much harder on the attacked than on the attacker. However, I also know that it doesn't necessarily turn you into a sad, depressed sack of tears for the rest of your existence. Alliances can move past it, and heal.

Edited by Sardonic