The Network Hungers

OsRavan

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1358805883' post='3082602']

Ok 1) You do realize that if we didnt defend our allies (something we have done in every war since ive been here by the bye) THAT would be optional?

2) You clearly have no idea what the word optional means or where the term originated from. I think the word you are *reaching* for (though also not accurate) is lapdog. Im not even joking.... go look up the word optional in a dictionary.

3) Your obsession to try and par down a complex and give and take relationship to a one word pr slogan does not in fact help you look smarter.

4) ODN and NATO intend to enjoy our fight together. Since literally everyone involved in this war seems content with nuking each other and accepting of how things have fallen out, and seems to feel their enemies are honorable opponents... what exactly is your issue?
[/quote]

So the word is lapdog? Read it again, actually that was not a shot that I wanted to take. When I mentioned MK I actually said that that was not the point.

Optional because what you guys do is to pick what treaty to honour based on convenience.

Regarding NATO, yes you are right. I dont have any issue (even if I had who cares).

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1358811988' post='3082663']
So the word is lapdog? Read it again, actually that was not a shot that I wanted to take. When I mentioned MK I actually said that that was not the point.

Optional because what you guys do is to pick what treaty to honour based on convenience.

Regarding NATO, yes you are right. I dont have any issue (even if I had who cares).
[/quote]
So its convenient for us to choose to defend our allies against the rest of bob which will probably get us rolled? Should we have chosen to ignore our treaty obligations prophet Louis? Please enlighten me oh great and experienced one on what we should have done as you know all.

Edited by hobbies0310

[quote name='Taget' timestamp='1358746750' post='3081778']
Wait you're not bandwagoning in with everyone else? Recklessly doing the honorable rather than safe thing? Where is the old Optional Defense Network I knew and loved?

Good luck and blow as many pixels as you can ODN!

o/ ODN
[/quote]

I'll admit to being confused here; is NATO the reckless dangerous choice or will ODN easily roll over them without breaking a sweat?

Stay on message people!

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1358799783' post='3082530']
You know Berbers, this thread is making me like you more! You have exactly the right attitude and approach. No idea what your NS is respective of mine, but i hope we get a chance to fight.
[/quote]
Berbers is actually a terrible troll. Even when he uses smileys, you can never quite tell whether he is pulling the pith :|

hmmm....I see
Perfect timing, this is.
I get to crush some oranges to quench my orange juice thirst!
Let's make the GA's not Optional please (for those in the very low NS range) becuase turtlers are no fun)

and remember an attack on one is an attack on all

[quote name='Kim Jaym Il' timestamp='1358800280' post='3082537']

charles stuart will be along shortly to remind all of us that the list also includes TIO, IRON, AI, and NPO.
[/quote]
Nope, but I will ask when Cheyenne is leading his latest failure out to war. Anything?

[quote name='Perceus' timestamp='1358814812' post='3082694']
hmmm....I see
Perfect timing, this is.
I get to crush some oranges to quench my orange juice thirst!
Let's make the GA's not Optional please (for those in the very low NS range) becuase turtlers are no fun)

[b]and remember an attack on one is an attack on all[/b]
[/quote]

lol right on time with the nonsense.

[quote name='muwen1234' timestamp='1358819913' post='3082774']
Propoganda!
[/quote]

Why would ODN wish to be called NATO?

Or do you have an allergy to commas?

And to spelling 'propaganda' in the usual way?

I expect a higher standard of attempted provocation. Must try harder.

Edited by Pingu

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1358811988' post='3082663']

[/quote]

I think you're still just butt hurt from ODN - Sparta fallout. You should come to your senses and realize that entire mess started with you guys and you being at fault for not doing anything until the last minute. You literally put the blame on ODN rather then yourselves for allowing a !@#$%* situation like that to ever develop in the first place, even after ODN offered you many direct ways out way before it happening and I believe while the war happened as well.

I would get over yourself, but we all know that Sparta is going to remain the garbage alliance that it is.

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1358805511' post='3082597']
Not really. The optional doesn't mean to avoid fights. ODN just do whatever they (or MK, C&G, but not the point) want despite treaties. Thats what the optional means. This was true years ago and is still true now.
[/quote]
They are honoring the defensive clause of a MDoAP. Not much "optional" about it.

Not really. The optional doesn't mean to avoid fights. ODN just do whatever they (or MK, C&G, but not the point) want despite treaties. Thats what the optional means. This was true years ago and is still true now.
[/quote]
ITT Sparta reminds me why I am very glad we are no longer allies.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1358822966' post='3082815']
Why would ODN wish to be called NATO?

Or do you have an allergy to commas?

And to spelling 'propaganda' in the usual way?

I expect a higher standard of attempted provocation. Must try harder.
[/quote]

Thanks for your kind suggestions. ;)

[/quote]

How the hell the optional doesn't mean to avoid fights? Do you even know why the optional thing started? ODN's availability towards her allies, whoever the allies are, has been nothing short of exemplar and you should look at their example next time you think of hiding your upper tier in peace mode.

[quote name='hobbies0310' timestamp='1358812306' post='3082666']

So its convenient for us to choose to defend our allies against the rest of bob which will probably get us rolled? Should we have chosen to ignore our treaty obligations prophet Louis? Please enlighten me oh great and experienced one on what we should have done as you know all.
[/quote]

I am not telling what you should or shouldn't do. You were actually right in defend your allies.

Your problem is that your history was made by ignoring your treaty obligations

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1358864755' post='3083657']
I am not telling what you should or shouldn't do. You were actually right in defend your allies.

Your problem is that your history was made by ignoring your treaty obligations
[/quote]

And your problem is your alliance is so terrible your allies wish you would ignore treaty obligations.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1358874578' post='3083773']
Did you guys pass on declaring on IRON because you were afraid of NG?
[/quote]

Sorry, I can't hear you over the hordes of flying monkeys that decided to declare on us last night and fling their poo. We're busy and if IRON wants some, they can feel free to post a declaration like everyone else. I seem to recall something about a declaration on one being a declaration on all. I guess that was all just rhetoric or symbolic or something.