NPO/R&R Announcement

EgoFreaky

[center][size=6][b]A Joint NPO-R&R Announcement[/b][/size][/center]

[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/ncxN6.png[/img][/center]

[size=4][b]R&R 80-46 New Pacific Order[/b][/size]

[center]R&R have rallied after being caught at an early deficit to claim victory against the New Pacific Order in the second annual Recruitment Bowl. It was the away side who looked the most likely, pulling ahead early to lead 0-12 before R&R stormed back into the game and took a 49-23 lead into the major break.[/center]

[center]The trend continued into the second half on the back of a strong performance by katashimon13, who attributed it to an all-around team effort, as R&R ran away with the game, the silverware and bakamitai's dignity. Pressed for comment on the R&R's performance, kata said "No-one gave us a chance, man. NPO were the team to beat on paper and all you guys wrote us off, but we went out there... we went out there and proved people wrong.[/center]

[center]"You know what they say, it's a game of four quarters... and yeah, they started strong and they got the jump on us early but it's to the credit of all our boys that we managed to turn up the intensity and take the momentum into half-time. This wasn't just me, it was a team effort and people have shed blood, sweat and tears for this win... this is just the best day of my life, I can't tell you how happy I am. Y_Y rawr"[/center]

[center]Team management were slightly less exuberant, concerned about R&R's slow start and finish after the side dropped off the pace in the fourth quarter and allowed NPO to take a great deal of motivation into the next clash.[/center]

[center]Asked about their performance, NPO officials were disappointed but looked to focus on the positives of their game, "we started strong and we finished strong, but we just didn't do enough to restrict kata's time and keep [i]it[/i] out of the game... the dude's a freak, [i]it[/i] makes [i]its[/i] teammates better players, but y'know... we'll be ready next year, and they better watch out."[/center]

[center]However, celebrations have been marred by talk of match-fixing and claims that Red, veteran of the NPO team, threw the contest in order to see baka humiliated are currently under investigation by league administrators. The rumours were only fueled by an offer of amnesty extended towards Red by R&R, who played it off as an innocent and well-meaning gesture. Administrators have declined to comment at this point in time.[/center]

[center]With the score now tied at one trophy apiece, both sides have resolved to work hard in the off-season and put in an even better performance to claim outright bragging rights after next year's clash.[/center]

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1354503897' post='3059788']
[center]With the score now tied at one trophy apiece, both sides have resolved to work hard in the off-season and put in an even better performance to claim outright bragging rights after next year's clash.[/center]
[/quote]
Do try and take a nice, long vacation in your off-season... I'd like some new guys coming my way too.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1354504231' post='3059797']
Do try and take a nice, long vacation in your off-season... I'd like some new guys coming my way too.
[/quote]

Lol.

Good game NPO. Glad I contributed an entire recruit to our count. That's 1.25% more than a lot of people contributed.

o/ R&R
o/ NPO

[quote name='Darth Banana' timestamp='1354504575' post='3059804']
Ego... your katalect is terrible. I can do better than that >_>
[/quote]
[quote name='WarriorSoul' timestamp='1354504743' post='3059805']
Seconded.
[/quote]

I actually didn't write it this time so blame the deer :P

[quote name='Darth Banana' timestamp='1354504575' post='3059804']
Ego... your katalect is terrible. I can do better than that >_>
[/quote]
[quote name='WarriorSoul' timestamp='1354504743' post='3059805']
Seconded.
[/quote]

Can't write cliches in katalect :|

And yeah, big congrats to kata/Sean/all the other members who helped out with recruits, great job... well, except for kata. Slacker. >_>

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1354504938' post='3059808']
I actually didn't write it this time so blame the deer :P
[/quote]

Good rule of thumb, actually.

Good to see this concluded. I'm sure Kata worked day and night to stalk Pacifica's forums to capture the information for the race. :)

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1354509228' post='3059838']
Good rule of thumb, actually.

Good to see this concluded. I'm sure Kata worked day and night to stalk Pacifica's forums to capture the information for the race. :)
[/quote]

He actually had a google spreadsheet in his R&R signature with details of every applicant for both sides...

EDIT: It's also worth mentioning that the NPL had 55 applications in the same time frame.

Edited by Avakael