An Announcement from the Viridian Entente

Goldie

I will just make a few clarifications.

While VE dissolved their membership in the UJA (as is perfectly within their right to do so), the GPA is still a neutral signatory to the accords. The UJA still lives on. The GPA has no intention of leaving the UJA. However, on the aggregate we agree that the UJA is effectively meaningless (from its former role) as there are no other signatories to it. The GPA - as the sole remaining signatory - will not admit any new members to the UJA, as doing so is inherently not neutral.

We will also not withdraw from the accords. As neutral signatories, the UJA's provisions for neutral alliances goes well with our own beliefs and values. There's no reason to end our association with that. And there is no reason to end our practice of electing only one GPA senator for the Green sphere and to keep all other UJA practices intact.

The withdrawal of VE from the UJA is an end to an era. And I wish the best of luck to both VE and the GOP on their future endeavors :)

- LastoftheRomans
Vice-President of the GPA

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOP, I honestly think it was an bad wise move to take on a protectorate agreement with VE. Staying neutral, has *usually* been a good enough protection if we ignore the one exception. Signing a protectorate with VE aligns you to them and if they get attacked or join in a war, GOP will be more than fair game should the VE's attacker/defender choose to do so. And no whining about neutrality can be made without looking stupid.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1353529238' post='3055704']
GOP, I honestly think it was an bad wise move to take on a protectorate agreement with VE. Staying neutral, has *usually* been a good enough protection if we ignore the one exception. Signing a protectorate with VE aligns you to them and if they get attacked or join in a war, GOP will be more than fair game should the VE's attacker/defender choose to do so. And no whining about neutrality can be made without looking stupid.
[/quote]

The Entente has a long history of unilateral protection agreements (and unwritten understandings) with Green Team alliances, neutral and otherwise. At no point have they ever been interpreted to interfere with the neutral status of alliances, nor brought undue harm onto those who might otherwise avoid it. This particular agreement is not even a change, but a preservation of the status quo in spite of a formal adjustment in the dissolution of the UJA.

I think GOP will be fine and, so long as they don't go looking for war, their recognition as mostly neutral will endure irrespective of Viridia's efforts in foreign affairs.

[quote name='LastoftheRomans' timestamp='1353525707' post='3055664']

While VE dissolved their membership in the UJA (as is perfectly within their right to do so), the GPA is still a neutral signatory to the accords. The UJA still lives on. The GPA has no intention of leaving the UJA. However, on the aggregate we agree that the UJA is effectively meaningless (from its former role) as there are no other signatories to it. The GPA - as the sole remaining signatory - will not admit any new members to the UJA, as doing so is inherently not neutral.

We will also not withdraw from the accords. As neutral signatories, the UJA's provisions for neutral alliances goes well with our own beliefs and values. There's no reason to end our association with that. And there is no reason to end our practice of electing only one GPA senator for the Green sphere and to keep all other UJA practices intact.

The withdrawal of VE from the UJA is an end to an era. And I wish the best of luck to both VE and the GOP on their future endeavors :)

- LastoftheRomans
[/quote]

Was this the pre-understood agreement (meaning the OP was unclear), or did VE not bother to ask you guys about it and you're still a signatory on something they unilaterally disbanded?

[quote name='LastoftheRomans' timestamp='1353525707' post='3055664']

- LastoftheRomans
[/quote]

I'm glad to see this.

o/ United Jungle Accords
o/ Green Protection Agency

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1353529451' post='3055709']

The Entente has a long history of unilateral protection agreements (and unwritten understandings) with Green Team alliances, neutral and otherwise. At no point have they ever been interpreted to interfere with the neutral status of alliances, nor brought undue harm onto those who might otherwise avoid it. This particular agreement is not even a change, but a preservation of the status quo in spite of a formal adjustment in the dissolution of the UJA.

I think GOP will be fine and, so long as they don't go looking for war, their recognition as mostly neutral will endure irrespective of Viridia's efforts in foreign affairs.
[/quote]

That and there's the little fact that we've been protected by VE (and the other signatories of the UJA) pretty much since we were founded. All this agreement did was carry over that protection in lieu of VE being a part of the UJA. It littetally changes nothing about the way we function as a sovereign, politically neutral alliance - as we've been functioning in the same way for years already. :)

[quote name='Samwise' timestamp='1353637810' post='3056430']
Sorry I'm late! Thanksgiving week and all. :P

It's sad to see the UJA go, however, I still have love for my green brothers. VE is a class act.

R.I.P. UJA

o/ VE
o/ GOP
[/quote]

UJA is very much alive. Despite Goldie's .... Over sight ... In communicating with GPA before opting to dissolve, they've stated they are not withdrawing.

Hey Ray! :)

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1353595495' post='3056211']Awww is poor wittle Billy Wallace still upset I raided a GPA nation a couple years ago? [img]http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/sad/crying.gif[/img] [/quote]
For the record: 16,686.101 NS, 311.67 tech nation under the NSO AA, attacking a GPA nation on 12 October 2010 10:37:13 PM, doing a single GA (and then sending a peace offer), in "support" of Lennox's attempt to extort 2 tech (you read it well) from the GPA.

I'd call it a (funny) joke, but probably not a "real" raid. Not something anyone can really still be upset for IMHO.

EDIT - oh and before there's some misunderstanding: the NSO was very helpful about that and we agreed to a moderate amount of reparations, which naturally we then waived. A pleasant experience, overall.

Edited by jerdge

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1353659527' post='3056487']
I'd call it a (funny) joke, but probably not a "real" raid. Not something anyone can really still be upset for IMHO.
[/quote]

You haven't been around to visit since your retirement :(

Also wasn't it only 1 tech??

second edit: no - we doubled it cause it was "necessary" to call in support lol .. So yeah, 2 ..

Edited by Rayvon

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1353595495' post='3056211']
Awww is poor wittle Billy Wallace still upset I raided a GPA nation a couple years ago? [img]http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/sad/crying.gif[/img]
[/quote]

No actually I don't remember an incident of you raiding GPA. But I do remember the hissy fit you threw when you were in VE because you weren't allowed to divert limited resources to make the UJA some kind of fun club for kids at a time when the UJA was the least of our concerns.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1353699507' post='3056582']
Oh - you mean when VE was struggling for trades and the unstaffed trades dept that I was heavily at work with and trying to improve? My bad.
[/quote]Yes. We all knew the problem. History has proven, that I rightly regarded the fervent insistence of your so called remedies upon us, as worse than the disease.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1353637918' post='3056431']
UJA is very much alive.
[/quote]
Your statement reeks of delusion, and compulsory drive to contradict your betters. UJA is bit alive at best. Far, far, from very much alive.

Would you regard a bloc with just one signatory left as very much alive too?

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1353833391' post='3056947']
Your statement reeks of delusion, and compulsory drive to contradict your betters. UJA is bit alive at best. Far, far, from very much alive.

Would you regard a bloc with just one signatory left as very much alive too?
[/quote]

Haha - my betters. Always good for a laugh when you climb up outta that hole.

UJA was not a [i]bloc[/i]; it was an acknowledgement of a free Green, the ending of an era of tyranny and 'ownership.' A chance to return home. Yes, it's very dead to the Viridian population as you leaders teach your new that they're better than everyone else on that sphere and around this globe. But to some, the spirit of solidarity and respect still lives strong. Perhaps we made a mistake in the past in fighting for this freedom, seems you don't remember anything it was for.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1353862417' post='3056976']
Haha - my betters. Always good for a laugh when you climb up outta that hole.

UJA was not a [i]bloc[/i]; it was an acknowledgement of a free Green, the ending of an era of tyranny and 'ownership.' A chance to return home. Yes, it's very dead to the Viridian population as you leaders teach your new that they're better than everyone else on that sphere and around this globe. But to some, the spirit of solidarity and respect still lives strong. Perhaps we made a mistake in the past in fighting for this freedom, seems you don't remember anything it was for.
[/quote]

Seems more like the world has moved beyond giving a damn about colour spheres. Keep grinding that axe though,.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1353862417' post='3056976']
Haha - my betters. Always good for a laugh when you climb up outta that hole.[/quote]
That nervous chuckle you impose on the world is so typical of those with no self-esteem.

[quote]UJA was not a [i]bloc[/i]; it was an acknowledgement of a free Green, the ending of an era of tyranny and 'ownership.' A chance to return home. Yes, it's very dead to the Viridian population as you leaders teach your new that they're better than everyone else on that sphere and around this globe. But to some, the spirit of solidarity and respect still lives strong. Perhaps we made a mistake in the past in fighting for this freedom, seems you don't remember anything it was for.
[/quote]You fail to recognize an obvious parallel thought experiment, and instead put words in my mouth. Good job, son, but I never said UJA was a bloc. Also, unlike you wantonly imply, I remember everything about our struggle for freedom, better than anyone. I've also always embodied solidarity and respect when due, but for those deserving it, a diametrically opposing position can easily be assumed.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1353838379' post='3056949']
Well, isn't this just touching.
[/quote]The world is a touching place.

[quote name='Yuurei' timestamp='1353838555' post='3056950']
Sad that some have no interest in others of their color.
[/quote]I agree. At least we don't need obsolete legalese to care for our green bretheren, whom we regard very near and dear to us.