Next War Bets

Unknown Smurf

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Princess Erix' timestamp='1348040234' post='3031736']
I officially declare a new month. (Wait, I'm no one of any importance, so this must be irrelevant. :P)

Seriously... can't we all live in harmony. :)
[/quote]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSMeUPFjQHc"]Always, I want to be with you, and make believe with you and live in harmony, harmony, oh loveee~[/url]

P.S. WAR :nuke:

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1347906631' post='3031125']
Or they could start it before the pieces all come into place and we could have the first war in half a decade that wasn't over before it started.
[/quote]
War is not the game. War is merely the public completion of a game that has already been played. War doesn't interest me. In some respects, war outright bores me.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1348892967' post='3035546']
War is not the game. War is merely the public completion of a game that has already been played. War doesn't interest me. In some respects, war outright bores me.
[/quote]

Yet somehow for the last 2 or 3 years you guys kept hitting people for fun without a cb. I dont know how you stuck it out so long, you must really hate it in MK

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1348927516' post='3035616']
Yet somehow for the last 2 or 3 years you guys kept hitting people for fun without a cb. I dont know how you stuck it out so long, you must really hate it in MK
[/quote]
I didn't say war had no place in our world, and I do like to cross the finish line and secure the victory that I've worked to achieve. But it's merely the period at the end of a sentence, ending one thought so that a new one might begin. The substance, the intrigue, and the fun is what came before the period and what will come after the space that follows.

Besides, this is the OWF, not AI or WA. You can ease off the barking, fido.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1348944496' post='3035697']
thought you guys didn't believe in the IC/OOC line Ardus?
[/quote]
I have been for the most part consistent in my evangelism for the distinction. I'd like to think I can be an ass to you as characters and not as players.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1348892967' post='3035546']
[/quote]
I agree. The war system is only marginally entertaining and quickly becomes boring if you are losing. Everyone begs for war, and after a week or two of it, everyone begs for peace. What is truly interesting here is the process that leads to war and determines the victors. That process is almost always done before the war actually begins.

In response to your second post... As much as it annoys me, people treat OWF and WA interchangeably. There is nothing particularly OOC about this thread, and it's kind of silly to act like there is.

-Bama

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1349133242' post='3036372']
If war is boring for you when losing you simply aren't fighting long enough or don't have a large enough warchest.

:)
[/quote]
or arent small enough to simply sustain yourself off your enemy's warchest.

After consulting my Ouija Board, the tea leaves from a few cups of tea, and flipping a coin I came up with the following date:

December 28, 2012

Since the Mayans long ago declared that the world will end several days before that, please enjoy your peaceful world until the end times.