Now Open for Business

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1341760454' post='3006682']
I'll just use this as a springboard to respond to the hoards of comments that misinterpreted my short comment! My comment was simply an observation. Valhalla has not participated (at least not in this one) in two of the last three wars. Granted, you have your reasons, just like we had ours last war when we saw limited action. I still think any alliance can use a global war to push their agenda some way, even if they are not directly involved (see TOP in Bipolar, perfect example).

Also, many of the ex-Kronos and ex-NoR members were very fond of Valhalla, and we had respect for Olympus, for the most part. Again, not sure where that came from.

Lastly, the point that we want you to fight our war - again, not sure what that comes from! I couldn't care less what side you were a part of if you were to join the war. We learned it's not fun to deprive our members of war, and I'm not sure why your alliance would want to do that, regardless of politics.

That said, congrats on your merger. I hope to see exciting things from this alliance.
[/quote]

Speaking as Vice Regent of Valhalla here for a moment...

We did however jump right in the middle of Bye-polar for the express purpose of kicking off the real festivities. When have you ever done that?

That said, we've absolutely no interest in this war. MK and their loyal toadies in TOP ran off to hit CSN as fast as they could so they couldn't possibly be set up opposing LSF and CnG. Does Nor need their help to handle LSF, nah, but it was still a dick move. I've been quite vocal in speaking with people that I saw all actions to support MK in this war was just support for MK's dick move on NoR.

Edited by Lord Levistus

I'll just use this as a springboard to respond to the hoards of comments that misinterpreted my short comment! My comment was simply an observation. Valhalla has not participated (at least not in this one) in two of the last three wars. Granted, you have your reasons, just like we had ours last war when we saw limited action. I still think any alliance can use a global war to push their agenda some way, even if they are not directly involved (see TOP in Bipolar, perfect example).

Also, many of the ex-Kronos and ex-NoR members were very fond of Valhalla, and we had respect for Olympus, for the most part. Again, not sure where that came from.

Lastly, the point that we want you to fight our war - again, not sure what that comes from! I couldn't care less what side you were a part of if you were to join the war. We learned it's not fun to deprive our members of war, and I'm not sure why your alliance would want to do that, regardless of politics.

That said, congrats on your merger. I hope to see exciting things from this alliance.
[/quote]

No. I said cancel [b]everything[/b].

[/quote]
Nice recovery!

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1341761405' post='3006692']

We did however jump right in the middle of Bye-polar for the express purpose of kicking off the real festivities. When have you ever done that?

That said, we've absolutely no interest in this war. MK and their loyal toadies in TOP ran off to hit CSN as fast as they could so they couldn't possibly be set up opposing LSF and CnG. Does Nor need their help to handle LSF, nah, but it was still a dick move. I've been quite vocal in speaking with people that I saw all actions to support MK in this war was just support for MK's dick move on NoR.
[/quote]

Wait, how was it a "dick move" on NoR? Seemed like a huge favor to me.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1341765297' post='3006723']
[/quote]

indeed - prevent a giant cluster$%&@ from happening where NoR would receive the most damage of anyone on their side, and give NoR a clear shot in rolling LSF as much as it wants. Sounds like you couldn't have better friends there. Now, it might've messed up the political motivations of some of NoR's allies...

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1341765297' post='3006723']
[/quote]

Nor talks to MK about support against LSF. MK says sure, we got your back.

a few hours before NoR recognizes hostilities, MK runs off and hits CSN. Thus making sure that MK wouldn't need to support NoR. They ran away instead of supporting. You can spin it however you want, as down the chain they decided that they needed CnG in order to handle SF, and yeah, maybe it did save NoR some damage. That wasn't the motivation though, and if you don't believe that you're just another MK toadie.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1341766390' post='3006735']
indeed - prevent a giant cluster$%&@ from happening where NoR would receive the most damage of anyone on their side, and give NoR a clear shot in rolling LSF as much as it wants. Sounds like you couldn't have better friends there. Now, it might've messed up the political motivations of some of NoR's allies...
[/quote]

NoR's friends have been sitting here ready to take on anyone who decided to defend LSF. Not running off to a new front to escape any obligations.

Edited by Lord Levistus

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1341768321' post='3006746']

a few hours before NoR recognizes hostilities, MK runs off and hits CSN. Thus making sure that MK wouldn't need to support NoR. They ran away instead of supporting. You can spin it however you want, as down the chain they decided that they needed CnG in order to handle SF, and yeah, maybe it did save NoR some damage. That wasn't the motivation though, and if you don't believe that you're just another MK toadie.

NoR's friends have been sitting here ready to take on anyone who decided to defend LSF. Not running off to a new front to escape any obligations.
[/quote]

I'm not saying you're wrong or right.. I just didn't understand the logic there for a bit. :P

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1341768321' post='3006746']

[/quote]

and MK prevented NoR from getting counters from people who matter. (although ultimately it was the membership of INT, but I'm sure they were strongly influenced by MK hitting CSN - it seemed to be the less crazy one of the two wars)

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1341776753' post='3006830']
and MK prevented NoR from getting counters from people who matter. (although ultimately it was the membership of INT, but I'm sure they were strongly influenced by MK hitting CSN - it seemed to be the less crazy one of the two wars)
[/quote]
So your saying that all of NoRs allies wouldnt have been good enough to handle the war and we should all be greatfull that MK started a BS war to save NoR?

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1341760599' post='3006683']
If we wanted to talk about AA's of bloated NS and no history of risking that NS there's a perfectly fine Umbrella thread already established. Then again with all that NS bloat, until the day that GPA decides that pacifism is dumb and neutrality is a lie, [b]there really isn't any one who can do anything about Umbrella by themselves.[/b]
[/quote]

I dunno about that, you could always give it a shot. What was that you were just saying about risking NS? :v:

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1341779371' post='3006853']
So your saying that all of NoRs allies wouldnt have been good enough to handle the war and we should all be greatfull that MK started a BS war to save NoR?
[/quote]

as aforementioned:

[quote]Now, it might've messed up the political motivations of some of NoR's allies... [/quote]

but yes, I do think all of C&G would have damaged NoR more than LSF alone has.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1341781106' post='3006863']
but yes, I do think all of C&G would have damaged NoR more than LSF alone has.
[/quote]
I'm sure NoR is terrified of the might of GATO and ODN

[/quote]

If NoR didn't need MK's help with LSF who did they expect MK to assist with? The only real threat LSF had within its treaties pointed to C&G and there's no way in hell MK are gonna help roll C&G. So why would you be angry at MK for not providing assistance to NoR that they clearly didn't need/clearly were not able to receive it in the first place? Perhaps NoR's intentions were to tie MK up with the obvious treaty clashes to allow for a steamrolling of C&G, who knows? Though if you ask me, from my position it seems pretty odd that NoR would ask MK to have their backs in a war which they wouldn't need them in and a war which they wouldn't have been able to help out with either.

Maybe you got sour grapes that it didn't blow up the way you'd hoped? You're certainly keen on spitting bile in our direction.

[/quote]

How is that a dick move to NoR? it made sure that NoR would get a fair shot at LSF, kept NoR from taking heavy losses and avoided a giant headache. The only thing it stopped was valhalla and friends from declaring on whoever defended LSF. Is that what you're truly sore about?

If there is anything that TPF can stand behind it is the dealers of Anarchy. Congrats, it will be a long strong run on this.

o/ Anarchy Inc.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1341779371' post='3006853']
[/quote]

NoR got a gift the way it turned out and you know it Bud. If it would have expanded NoR would have taken serious damage and wouldn't have had the free reigns they have on LSF now so I am sure if you ask them all today they are perfectly fine with how this war has unfolded. They get to kick LSF's teeth in and have zero resistance to stop them, they couldn't have planned it any better.