LSF Apology to IRON

Sabcat

[quote name='Ostrogothi' timestamp='1340225246' post='2990488']
Beside the fact that that isn't even the real reason, it is infinitely more mature and reasonable and far less abhorrent than going to war against somebody because [ooc]"they're all nazis and racist"[/ooc]- an act which you shamelessly cheered for from the sidelines.
[/quote]
Except that's not why we're at war. I do consider most of NoR to be fascist, though. Which, as far as I'm concerned, is like saying LSF is anarchist or INT is communist.

It's not our fault if they take no pride in their political beliefs.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ostrogothi' timestamp='1340225246' post='2990488']
Beside the fact that that isn't even the real reason
[/quote]

So this war had nothing to do with the fact that LSF impersonated IRON gov?

Heh. Not surprised.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1340225702' post='2990496']
So this war had nothing to do with the fact that LSF impersonated IRON gov?

Heh. Not surprised.
[/quote]

There is such a thing as "something to do" somewhere between "nothing to do" and "everything to do". What precisely this "something" is has been quite clearly explained in IRON's DoW:

[quote]In response to the following:

- Sanctioning the false impression of an IRON government official with intent to deceive an IRON ally and in doing so attempting to cause an unwarranted attack on an innocent third party.

- [i]Choosing not to comply with both the spirit and criteria of the reasonable agreements reached to resolve said matter as is listed in this thread and evidenced below.

- Being general asshats and going to extraordinary lengths to avoid diplomatic resolution, spitting in their allies face in the process.[/i]
[/quote]

[quote name='Ostrogothi' timestamp='1340226395' post='2990504']
There is such a thing as "something to do" somewhere between "nothing to do" and "everything to do". What precisely this "something" is has been quite clearly explained in IRON's DoW:
[/quote]

[quote]- Sanctioning the false impression of an IRON government official with intent to deceive an IRON ally and in doing so attempting to cause an unwarranted attack on an innocent third party.
[/quote]

If this is the case then your original statement has to be incorrect. Pick one.

[quote name='kingzog' timestamp='1340209945' post='2990105']
Oh trust me, it hasn't gone unnoticed. LSF's attack on Nordreich is viewed by many as a war-by-proxy of INT, who are currently 'keeping their options open' as the wider conflict -- which is confusing the hell out of me, tbh -- unfolds.[/quote]

It's clear that the NoR views proxy wars as an act of aggression, given the fact that the LSF aiding the two rogues to wage a proxy war of their own upon NoR caused the first conflict.

So if the LSF war is viewed by many in NoR as a proxy war... well, you're a big boy. I'll let you fill in the blanks.

[quote]Interesting, no?
[/quote]

Considering the fact that StalinTrotsky, the member of INT whom you're speaking of hasn't been in INT for years, yes that is quite the interesting statement.

Edited by Ayatollah Bromeini

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1340223943' post='2990461']
Because "Stop copying me!" is a mature and reasonable reason to go to war.
[/quote]

You are being a bit narrow there. There are many things that LSF did to incite this and "copying" us to attempt to get our ally to attack another alliance is certainly one example. There are quite a few others that have been rehashed at length in our DoW so I'll leave them alone here.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1340232492' post='2990688']
Since when did you grow a brain? I'm impressed.
[/quote]
They did this themselves in the SLCB/SOS "apology" so they know how these work.

[quote name='Matt Miller' timestamp='1340232932' post='2990699']
You are being a bit narrow there. There are many things that LSF did to incite this and "copying" us to attempt to get our ally to attack another alliance is certainly one example. There are quite a few others that have been rehashed at length in our DoW so I'll leave them alone here.
[/quote]

Yes but the others stemmed from how hilariously upset you were over the initial impersonation.

And like others have said, did you really expect a forced apology to be sincere? I mean maybe the jab at IRON here was a bit much but... enough to attack them?

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1340233460' post='2990715']
They did this themselves in the SLCB/SOS "apology" so they know how these work.
[/quote]
In fairness, Unkajo wasn't in NG back then. He was busy trying variously to be a member of UE or a diplomat or whatever. I forget if we gave him the boot or just said no on his application. It was a pretty stupid time and I so do despise dealing with people who simply don't have a clue.

[quote name='Shan Revan' timestamp='1340180476' post='2989889']
A good joke is meant to be funny.
A good joke isn't done in private where those who would find it funny can not see it.
A good joke isn't done maliciously trying to hide your identity.
A good joke doesn't attempt to start international nuclear war.

IF this was a joke at all, it was a bad joke and bad jokes are no laughing matter.
[/quote]

Could not agree more! You just overreacted! There was no need for threats of war, reps or an public apology! A simpel 'Dont do this again' would have been enough.

Edited by Mr Magorium

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1340194601' post='2989949']

DR knows this. DR also knows better than to interrupt a war where most of their allies are on the winning side. I'm not saying they have any beef with C&G, I'm just saying that people who say right now is a great time for DR to pick their bone with C&G are either deluded or playing it dumb on purpose. Right now would be a terrible time for DR to move against C&G.

[/quote]

Lol what are you on? I want some. CnG would have much harder time handling SF/XX and DR than just DR. :huh:

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1340231697' post='2990666']
If this is the case then your original statement has to be incorrect. Pick one.
[/quote]

LMAO Dude are you blind or being deliberately obtuse? I quoted the CB and italicized the second and third points for a reason. Is it that difficult for you to believe that IRON had more than one reason to go to war?

[quote]In response to the following:

- Sanctioning the false impression of an IRON government official with intent to deceive an IRON ally and in doing so attempting to cause an unwarranted attack on an innocent third party.

- [i]Choosing not to comply with both the spirit and criteria of the reasonable agreements reached to resolve said matter as is listed in this thread and evidenced below.

- Being general asshats and going to extraordinary lengths to avoid diplomatic resolution, spitting in their allies face in the process.[/i][/quote]

[quote name='Ostrogothi' timestamp='1340250381' post='2991136']
LMAO Dude are you blind or being deliberately obtuse? I quoted the CB and italicized the second and third points for a reason. Is it that difficult for you to believe that IRON had more than one reason to go to war?
[/quote]

You're missing the point. The latter two points stemmed from the first one which never should have been made into such a big deal in the first place.

[quote name='Mr Magorium' timestamp='1340236312' post='2990773']
A simpel 'Dont do this again' would have been enough.
[/quote]
When a bigger alliance launches diplomacy instead of nukes, it means 'dont do this again'. When you spit on diplomacy, then you proceed to next stage.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1340306419' post='2992016']
You're missing the point. The latter two points stemmed from the first one which never should have been made into such a big deal in the first place.
[/quote]
Its a big deal when someone tries to instigate a war between an ally and a friend. Despite that we tried to be reasonable, only to have LSF spit on all the progress that was being made, thank INT there was some sanity for sometime. LSF on its own would have screwed everything within 1 day instead of 3.

Edited by shahenshah

[/quote]

In your eyes it wasn't a big deal. But apparently it[i] was [/i]a big deal to the actual people concerned. You don't get to deliberateley provoke somebody [i]and [/i]decide the extent of their retaliation.

When you have already provoked someone, you can respond with "Hey, I'm sorry, I screwed up, I apologize". Or you can respond with "$%&@ you up the ass". Most of the time, those will lead to different outcomes.

LSF choose the "$%&@ you up the ass" option, they just don't like the outcome.

Anyone wanting to know where this argument is going should just read the following posts over and over again.

[quote name='Ostrogothi' timestamp='1340250381' post='2991136']
[/quote]
[/quote]
[quote name='Ostrogothi' timestamp='1340340221' post='2992426']
In your eyes it wasn't a big deal. But apparently it[i] was [/i]a big deal to the actual people concerned. You don't get to deliberateley provoke somebody [i]and [/i]decide the extent of their retaliation.
[/quote]

Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Always repeat.

• 4 weeks later...

Who are those people? I've only seen Fatlord posting in this topic to find it back later. Before that a month of no posting in this topic.

Now you suddenly post in here to make a silly claim.