Announcement from Umbrella

[quote name='King Irwin' timestamp='1339895932' post='2986101']
If these are separate wars, can you explain why Methax of illuminati (Umbrella) attacked oinkoink12 of booNtherlands (CSN)? Are you saying that this is a rogue action unsanctioned and unsupported by Umbrella?
[/quote]

I gave permission myself for Methax to help our allies in MK with a nation they were fighting. What does that have to do with our DoW? DH permute in wars is not something new, we have been doing it since PB-NpO war.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1339896572' post='2986106']
This is the same guy who pretended no one knew about Umbrella wanting to roll former MJ/DR, so it's certainly possible from that standpoint
[/quote]

You're an idiot. I didn't pretend no one knew I proposed MJ as a viable target post last war. I questioned you on what you thought were my feelings towards Valhalla because the more you ran your big mouth about the words I had said either on private channels or private forums the more I learned about who could have leaked it. But because you're a complete idiot you kept talking and thought I was denying it.

Edited by Lusitan

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1339896829' post='2986109']
In terms of people who are in powerful positions, the truth has no bearing on what they'll say on these forums. I thought people would know that by now.
[/quote]
It would be rather foolish of them to do otherwise. I recall a quote from Bismarck about politics and sausages.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1339897390' post='2986116']
It would be rather foolish of them to do otherwise. I recall a quote from Bismarck about politics and sausages.
[/quote]

It depends on when it crosses the line into lying, since that can come back to haunt you, not as much as it should though.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1339897342' post='2986115']
You're an idiot. I didn't pretend no one knew I proposed MJ as a viable target post last war. I questioned you on what you thought were my feelings towards Valhalla because the more you ran your big mouth about the words I had said either on private channels or private forums the more I learned about who could have leaked it. But because you're a complete idiot you kept talking and thought I was denying it.
[/quote]

So attempting to belittle another was actually just a brilliant ploy to see if I would disclose who was giving up information that had been publicly available for months.

I have so much to learn from you.

Get stuffed.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1339897787' post='2986120']
So attempting to belittle another was actually just a brilliant ploy to see if I would disclose who was giving up information that had been publicly available for months.

I have so much to learn from you.

Get stuffed.
[/quote]

You disclosed enough.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1339897598' post='2986118']
UMB should have pulled a TOP and dow'd the whole of XX/SF. Then you'd have more than a tiny handful of targets.
[/quote]

The rest of XX/SF was better at getting nations to PM. if they had wanted to actually wipe them out entirely, no one should have bothered with DoWing CSN exclusively and everyone wearing the supervillain sigs should have just attacked at will.

Well !@#$ Lusitan. I guess I should feel really bad since I clued you in on something that had been known by everyone for months.

I guess I should apologize to whomever it was my comments sold out because I wouldn't want you to have to attack another ally of your ODP partner at random [i]again[/i] in retaliation.

Edited by IYIyTh

it's hilarious that people still cling on to the concept of a 'recognised' cb. i can't think of of a proper war started in the last 4 years that has had one. the small ones do, that's why they stay small. if you want to go global, you don't want a traditional cb.

Edited by Banksy

I gave permission myself for Methax to help our allies in MK with a nation they were fighting. What does that have to do with our DoW? DH permute in wars is not something new, we have been doing it since PB-NpO war.
[/quote]

It doesn't really have anything to do with the DoW on Fark, but it seems to be an act of war against CSN that has gone without comment from either side as far as I can see. So thanks for clarifying that this is officially approved by Umbrella.

[quote name='King Irwin' timestamp='1339899338' post='2986144']
It doesn't really have anything to do with the DoW on Fark, but it seems to be an act of war against CSN that has gone without comment from either side as far as I can see. So thanks for clarifying that this is officially approved by Umbrella.
[/quote]
Well seeing as XX has an umbrella clause, TTK can very well intervene and finally put the world out of this craziness.

edit:
[quote]C - XX cares about our friends, even if we aren't individually allied to them. If one of our 3rd party friends or allies is engaged in combat, XX will act as a chaining oDoAP treaty between all other 3rd party allies within the sum of our individual networks of friends. If anyone we know within our joint network feels generous and would like to offer direct assistance to our other friends, regardless of the connection between these two 3rd party alliances, they may do so through the XX treaty with consent from any XX alliance(s) connected to both parties.[/quote]

Edited by Holy Empire of Halin

[quote name='King Irwin' timestamp='1339899338' post='2986144']
[/quote]

If CSN wishes to act upon the act of war against them they're well within their right.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1339900316' post='2986161']
The Paradoxian Pre-Empt. Often imitated, never duplicated.
[/quote]

I mean given TOP's enthusiasm for this war, why didn't you do it before they got to PM? DOUBLE VISION failed to roll out fast enough.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1339893277' post='2986077']
We're not in the wrong. Personal dislikes have always been historical reasons for wars both IC as OOC. We didn't abandon politics, FARK's allies gave us the opportunity to act on our personal dislike when they decided to hide in peace mode. They were exposed, why wouldn't we hit them?
[/quote]
You're not in the wrong? Do you really believe that? You just admitted you attacked Fark because they were the only ones who didn't hide in peace mode, like their allies. Why should what their allies do have any bearing on Fark, anyway? That is not a just cause for war, it is a just cause.

Why wouldn't you hit them? Well, basically, because you have no reason for war, no casus belli, and if you did this on an individual level, you would be labeled a wrong. Since you are an alliance, it is justified? I don't think that is how it works.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1339897207' post='2986113']
In terms of the wrong, there is no "wrong" in this medium unless you have the guns to enforce your vision. So until people are willing to enforce morals rather than using them as reasons to complain when they're on the losing end, it won't matter.
[/quote]
Might has never made right, Roquentin.

[/quote]
I guess CSN was wrong when they thought they were just taking on MK, eh?

Meanwhile at MK headquarters...

"I was actually thinking, maybe, that we should get Umbrella nations on him..."

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1339899303' post='2986143']
it's hilarious that people still cling on to the concept of a 'recognised' cb. i can't think of of a proper war started in the last 4 years that has had one. the small ones do, that's why they stay small. if you want to go global, you don't want a traditional cb.
[/quote]
So, you admit that the MK CB on CSN was fabricated to start a global war?

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1339897598' post='2986118']
UMB should have pulled a TOP and dow'd the whole of XX/SF. Then you'd have more than a tiny handful of targets.
[/quote]
That wouldn't have given Umbrella any more targets.

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1339902331' post='2986198']
That wouldn't have given Umbrella any more targets.
[/quote]
I don't think they understand that MK alone has more nations over 10k tech than all of SF at the start of the war

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1339901978' post='2986192']
You're not in the wrong? Do you really believe that? You just admitted you attacked Fark because they were the only ones who didn't hide in peace mode, like their allies. Why should what their allies do have any bearing on Fark, anyway? That is not a just cause for war, it is a just cause.

Why wouldn't you hit them? Well, basically, because you have no reason for war, no casus belli, and if you did this on an individual level, you would be labeled a wrong. Since you are an alliance, it is justified? I don't think that is how it works.[/quote]

We believe we're justified in waging war against FARK. You may disagree but that holds no weight near us.

You may also deny that opportunity and personal dislikes play relevant roles in wars, but that much is a problem of yours.

[quote]I guess CSN was wrong when they thought they were just taking on MK, eh?

Meanwhile at MK headquarters...

"I was actually thinking, maybe, that we should get Umbrella nations on him..."
[/quote]

Is that supposed to be an argument against allies helping allies who are in need?

Edited by Lusitan