Announcement from Umbrella

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1340050044' post='2987885']
It's a fact that Umbrella has more nations on average in peace mode than Fark. It's also a fact that Umbrella declared war on Fark. It's also a fact that of the nations in range of Fark, 45% of them are in peace mode.

Tell me more about the facts you would like to discuss.

Also, you guys are !@#$@#$ terrible for making me actually argue about peace mode !@#$%^&*.
[/quote]
Please stop. Everyone !@#$%*es about Umbrella not using their upper tier, not their lower tier.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1340052846' post='2987915']
Have we seriously degenerated to where people are arguing their peace mode is better than our peace mode?
[/quote]

But my peace mode [b]is[/b] better then your peace mode. ndb j/s

[quote name='porksaber' timestamp='1340053804' post='2987925']
But my peace mode [b]is[/b] better then your peace mode. ndb j/s
[/quote]

You are correct only because I'm not in peace mode. You alone get off on a technicality.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1340054181' post='2987930']
You are correct only because I'm not in peace mode. You alone get off on a technicality.
[/quote]

What comments are you talking about and what alliance are those nations in?

[quote name='Tick1' timestamp='1340054775' post='2987943']
What comments are you talking about and what alliance are those nations in?
[/quote]
Indeed the context is so important to this discussion, let's all get out our calculators.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1340054939' post='2987945']
Indeed the context is so important to this discussion, let's all get out our calculators.
[/quote]

It is important, seeing as this thread is about Umbrella's war declaration. This thread doesn't warrant a discussion about peace mode.

[quote name='Tick1' timestamp='1340055016' post='2987946']
It is important, seeing as this thread is about Umbrella's war declaration. This thread doesn't warrant a discussion about peace mode.
[/quote]
I am in 100% agreement with this statement.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1340054181' post='2987930']
[/quote]

If you were in peace mode mine would still be better. The sooner you get it, the sooner we'll have this sorted.

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1339993852' post='2987197']
People sure do enjoy spying on my little 'ole nation. I mean, if Fark or whoever it is that's doing it wants my nation data... just ask. Stop wasting money on a 10K NS nation.

EDIT: Grammar.
[/quote]

Sorry I'll stop. :(

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1339973468' post='2986686']
Why would they leave PM and appease you, all the while getting stomped?
[/quote]

Because hiding in PM for the entire war is the equivalent of taking your balls and going home because you're not winning (if they are indeed hiding for the duration of the war)

If that's how people plan on winning losing wars from now on this planet is going to be a very dull place. It's a pretty terrible precedent to be setting: If you can't win, just hide until you can.

Imagine if everyone did that. Imagine if the tables got turned on us and we proceeded to do the same damn thing. Imagine how god damn boring that'd be for the entire planet if everytime it looked like someone was going to lose, the losing party just hid until their opponents just got sick of it and offered peace.

If you intend on hiding for the entire duration of a war without even trying to put up a fight then it is cowardice and there's no other way to spin it. It's not a case of not giving the enemy what it wants, it's a case of you refusing to accept any losses to in order to live to fight another day but that's only true if you actually do some fighting in the first place(you know, like FAN did when NPO tried to kill them they spent years in peace mode but they actually fought before entering peace mode). So instead, take your licks and give your opponent as good a beating as you can and then you might live to [i]actually[/i] fight another day instead of running for cover every time it looks like you might lose something.

Who knows, maybe if you stopped running then you'd stop losing.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1340113124' post='2988840']
Because hiding in PM for the entire war is the equivalent of taking your balls and going home because you're not winning (if they are indeed hiding for the duration of the war)

If that's how people plan on winning losing wars from now on this planet is going to be a very dull place. It's a pretty terrible precedent to be setting: If you can't win, just hide until you can.

Imagine if everyone did that. Imagine if the tables got turned on us and we proceeded to do the same damn thing. Imagine how god damn boring that'd be for the entire planet if everytime it looked like someone was going to lose, the losing party just hid until their opponents just got sick of it and offered peace.

If you intend on hiding for the entire duration of a war without even trying to put up a fight then it is cowardice and there's no other way to spin it. It's not a case of not giving the enemy what it wants, it's a case of you refusing to accept any losses to in order to live to fight another day but that's only true if you actually do some fighting in the first place. So instead, take your licks and give your opponent as good a beating as you can and then you might live to [i]actually[/i] fight another day instead of running for cover every time it looks like you might lose something.

Who knows, maybe if you stopped running then you'd stop losing.
[/quote]

This reminds me of the days of the second VietFAN. The very premise of guerrilla warfare is that any party will try to fight on its own terms, not there terms of its opponents. Though there are great costs to avoiding costly conflict, they can still inflict damage upon the enemy over a long period of time. Eventually, the opposition realizes that further pursuit is more costly than beneficial. That is what winning is to an alliance trying to defend its sovereign soil. Now, should Fark have initiated this conflict, I would have called such guerrilla tactics cowardly and ill-advised. However, you attacked them for no reason other than because your handlers instructed you to do so, and therefore you must fight on Fark's terms.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1340114587' post='2988848']
This reminds me of the days of the second VietFAN. The very premise of guerrilla warfare is that any party will try to fight on its own terms, not there terms of its opponents. Though there are great costs to avoiding costly conflict, they can still inflict damage upon the enemy over a long period of time. Eventually, the opposition realizes that further pursuit is more costly than beneficial. That is what winning is to an alliance trying to defend its sovereign soil. Now, should Fark have initiated this conflict, I would have called such guerrilla tactics cowardly and ill-advised. However, you attacked them for no reason other than because your handlers instructed you to do so, and therefore you must fight on Fark's terms.
[/quote]

I'm not really talking about Fark. I'm talking about Sparta, they hit peace mode so hard when we declared on Fark, it was hilarious. I'm just offering some constructive criticism because they really are starting to look as bad as Legion used to look, if they want any sort of respect then they need to show us their huge spartan war balls(if they have any)

For the record we informed our "handlers" of our plan to hit Fark about 30 minutes before we launched the attack. Personally I would've preferred Sparta instead of Fark but y'know, peace mode.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1340115488' post='2988856']
I'm not really talking about Fark. I'm talking about Sparta, they hit peace mode so hard when we declared on Fark, it was hilarious. I'm just offering some constructive criticism because they really are starting to look as bad as Legion used to look, if they want any sort of respect then they need to show us their huge spartan war balls(if they have any)

For the record we informed our "handlers" of our plan to hit Fark about 30 minutes before we launched the attack. Personally I would've preferred Sparta instead of Fark but y'know, peace mode.
[/quote]

If you wish to lure Sparta into a fight, perhaps get GOONS in on the Fark expedition? The two of you put together make one substantial alliance, and without the two of you together you can't hope to beat anyone in all three tiers.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1340115834' post='2988858']
If you wish to lure Sparta into a fight, perhaps get GOONS in on the Fark expedition? The two of you put together make one substantial alliance, and without the two of you together you can't hope to beat anyone in all three tiers.
[/quote]

When Fark got beatdown last war and more alliances jumped on them did Sparta come running to the rescue or did they send more nations into peace mode?

Besides it's not really about what I want to do but what our gov want to do.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1340116173' post='2988860']
When Fark got beatdown last war and more alliances jumped on them did Sparta come running to the rescue or did they send more nations into peace mode?
[/quote]

Fair enough. I suppose I have too much respect for the paper tigers of XX sometimes.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1340116261' post='2988861']
Fair enough. I suppose I have too much respect for the paper tigers of XX sometimes.
[/quote]

Well I mean, they aren't all bad. R&R and Fark are both actually fighting and MHA might well enter yet but war dodging is an epidemic in Sparta and has been for a long time, their top nation actually deserted to form his own AA shortly after this war kicked off.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1340116872' post='2988865']
Well I mean, they aren't all bad. R&R and Fark are both actually fighting and MHA might well enter yet but war dodging is an epidemic in Sparta and has been for a long time, their top nation actually deserted to form his own AA shortly after this war kicked off.
[/quote]

You give us too much credit.

[quote name='Mr Vicarious' timestamp='1340117406' post='2988872']
Oh, I just meant we aren't exactly fighting right now.
[/quote]

I'm sure you will eventually(so will I for those looking at my nation to see if I'm in peace mode to totally discredit my argument) don't let me down now :P