Warchest poll

berbers

Warchest Poll  

492 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1338945535' post='2977989']
Less than 500,000,000 but I've never been above 10k NS so I'll skew the results. :P
[/quote]

My hypothesis is the data will trend 80-85% less than 500,000,000 with 15% taking the other categories, heavily weighted to the bottom. I wouldn't think more than 1% of voters will be in the top tier, but that's depending on honesty and the number of votes.

I'd like to see 100 votes if possible, it will be pretty interesting results.

Edited by berbers

[quote name='hobbies0310' timestamp='1338947018' post='2978006']
4 people currently have over 10bil warchest but only 3 have a peak of 10bil. Seems accurate.
[/quote]

Yeah unfortunately anonymity while useful for statistical purposes, invariably leads to some inaccuracies. I think when I'm done I will estimate a margin for error if I don't think the data is to corrupt.

I am a bit on the leery side with 4 claims of > 10,000,000,000 out of the few responses, regardless of the inconsistency.

Edit: Unless the active OWF posters who would answer quickest are also Larger/Older nations than the total game population

Edited by berbers

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1338947257' post='2978009']
Yeah unfortunately anonymity while useful for statistical purposes, invariably leads to some inaccuracies. I think when I'm done I will estimate a margin for error if I don't think the data is to corrupt.

I am a bit on the leery side with 4 claims of > 10,000,000,000 out of the few responses, regardless of the inconsistency.

Edit: Unless the active OWF posters who would answer quickest are also Larger/Older nations than the total game population
[/quote]
That might be it. Either way this will be interesting. Good poll

Peaked at 3.8b (12k infra, 6.5k tech) just before the IRON-Polar war. Burned a lot of it rebuying to 12k infra and then buying 2.4k tech directly from the game. It's back to a decent amount though.

Edited by The Great One

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1338951846' post='2978049']
I'm wondering if this would've been better as days-of-bill-payments rather than just straight out money, though even then you'd want to adjust for NS.

Current: $875m
[/quote]

Yeah, that would've probably given more interesting data.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1338951846' post='2978049']
I'm wondering if this would've been better as days-of-bill-payments rather than just straight out money, though even then you'd want to adjust for NS.
[/quote]

It's a pretty meaningless concept actually at very low ns levels. Your collection plus a few dollars in rounding error depending on how closely you want to calculate your costs out ahead of time is all you need if 3million dollars is enough to double your NS. The relationship between NS and warchest needs is a very nonlinear function.

This is one of the reasons that the results should skew high. Another is that larger nations that truly need enormous warchests are more likely to be posting here than newer nations. Another is that people will lie.

There are a number of reasons they will lie, but they will lie.

And no I am not going to tell you mine. I will say it is currently at its all time peak.

Better poll:
1.screwed
2.not adequate
3.adequate
4.money is no object
5.I'm rich bee-yatch

Maybe the cross-section posting here is unusually wealthy, but I'm doubting 6+ at >$10 b.

Greater than 2,000,000,000,000 but less than 3,000,000,000
- should be $2 billion, not $2 trillion

Greater than 5,000,000 but less than 10,000,000,000
- should be $5 billion, not $5 million

That said, I'm currently at my peak. Actually I just bought a moon mine a few days ago but I'll be at my peak again when I collect in 2 days. It's in the 5-10 bil range.

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1338972515' post='2978168']
Greater than 2,000,000,000,000 but less than 3,000,000,000
- should be $2 billion, not $2 trillion

Greater than 5,000,000 but less than 10,000,000,000
- should be $5 billion, not $5 million
[/quote]

Fixed.

I'm not sure if 10 people currently at 10B is realistic, I used that as the top number as I remember people thinking Vlad's 11B WC was something awe-inspiring that needed to be brought up constantly, therefore I didn't think we would have as many people >10B this early in the poll.

Still inconsistencies in the current vs peak as well at that tier, so I'm guessing some people are messing with the results.

Either way, keep voting and vote honest that way you can reduce the impact of the falsehoods!