Out of the Darkness, Light

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1336276599' post='2964317']
Do you mean hereafter rather than simply hereby? In other words, does your emphasis carry temporal/sequential weight?
[/quote]

Don't you have a bar to be running? I'm drinking all your stuff while you aren't looking.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336277433' post='2964328']
Considering it says pm for peace and Archon made it clear that it's only into effect now, it's not a dramatic turn of events.

Also doubtful.
[/quote]

Go ahead. Try your luck by announcing protection over an alliance Non Grata is currently raiding. And put there in bold and all caps saying that it is only into effect now. Any normal day, you will see more raids on that particular alliance, basically just to tell you to !@#$ off.
It is a common knowledge that they do not appreciate people stepping in into their business and try to be a hero.
Polar tried it once, it did not turn out great for them.

Edited by suryanto tan

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1336278250' post='2964333']
Go ahead. Try your luck by announcing protection over an alliance Non Grata is currently raiding. And put there in bold and all caps saying that it is only into effect now. Any normal day, you will see more raids on that particular alliance, basically just to tell you to !@#$ off.
It is a common knowledge that they do not appreciate people stepping in into their business and try to be a hero.
Polar tried it once, it does not turn out great for them.
[/quote]

Yes, but the difference is MK is not Polar and the people getting raided are MK members and an MK member raided Avidesu. It's not really trying to be a hero. I don't really think MK is comparable to Polar anyway in terms of military strength. MK is also allied to NG and NG would obviously view it differently than someone interfering in the raid of a non-connected alliance. zoom and babyjesus declared around the same time, so collusion between MK and NG isn't out of the question.

NG would have a difficult time with MK since MK isn't weak in terms of upper tier nations compared to them, whereas polar was in comparison to Poison Clan.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336277183' post='2964325']
Oh, and keeping "The Rather Skilled Fellow" as de jure ruler is dumb, too.

I guess if the factions actually end up having interfaction wars, it'd be interesting as a change since I remember Pasaremos was pissed enough to try to actually split off this time last year.

The justification was literally that they didn't want to do a roll call. Good times quiz, babyjesus, commisar, etc.
[/quote]
That is a totally incorrect recollection of the Pasaremos affair, not only getting the cause wrong but also the people involved. You should know that as a former LHV, I take roll calls [i]very[/i] seriously.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1336278690' post='2964336']
That is a totally incorrect recollection of the Pasaremos affair, not only getting the cause wrong but also the people involved. You should know that as a former LHV, I take roll calls [i]very[/i] seriously.
[/quote]

I don't agree since it's what you told me at the time. I'm referring to the second Pasaremos affair where commisar actually switched AAs.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336278806' post='2964338']
I don't agree since it's what you told me at the time. I'm referring to the second Pasaremos affair where commisar actually switched AAs.
[/quote]
I have no idea what you're talking about. The only Pasaremos I was involved in was during the Ardus/Yevgeni situation.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1336279220' post='2964340']
I have no idea what you're talking about. The only Pasaremos I was involved in was during the Ardus/Yevgeni situation.
[/quote]

Maybe I'm mixing you up with quiz. I do remember there was an anti-roll call movement and that there was mass abstention from filling them out due to angst.

edit: we're hashing it out on IRC

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1336279927' post='2964345']
Helllooooo it's a [b]pub[/b]. You must be new around here or something.
[/quote]

I'm not new. I buy myself tech with my collection every day. ^.^

[quote name='Archon' timestamp='1336281355' post='2964351']
I'm not new. I buy myself tech with my collection every day. ^.^
[/quote]
and then in 10s so it's cheaper ;)
and don't forget to buy infra everyday so your collection is bigger too.

Edited by Jaiar

[quote name='Instr' timestamp='1336274609' post='2964306']
Just to clarify, exactly which AAs is Mushroom Kingdom protecting?
[/quote]

Judging by the announcement;

Mushroom Kommune
Mushreich
Mushqaeda
Fine Old Gentlemen
Southern Delegation

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1336302014' post='2964434']
Out of the darkness indeed. Something must have gone wrong if they had to pull Archon out of his coma.
[/quote]

It would have been rather awkward of me to announce the resignation of my superior.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1336342840' post='2964554']
It would have been rather awkward of me to announce the resignation of my superior.
[/quote]

Indeed. Though I prefer the retiring party to make the announcement themselves, with a little, y'know

*@#$%^ gun*

encouragement.

*edit: ha ha, it autoedited @#$%^. Shoulda seen that one coming.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Archon' timestamp='1336277738' post='2964330']
Don't you have a bar to be running? I'm drinking all your stuff while you aren't looking.
[/quote]

Ever since Sponge parked his llama in the pub, anyone attempting to steal booze ends up doused in camelid phlegm. With security like that, I have time to come here to find out what people are trying to say as they torture the English language.