Imperial Announcement from the New Kaskus Order

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1335925149' post='2961989']
I'm sure your allies could tell you why.
[/quote]

We attacked Non Grata for a reason.

Why dont you look it up before you post?

Oh, I was about to repost it. Here it is anyway:

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1320673449' post='2841017']
[center][b][size="5"]Declaration of War[/size][/b][/center]

Non Grata have been desperately looking for wars lately. They have been quite trigger happy, attacking alliances over the smallest superficial reasons.

What concerned us is not why they act the way they did, because that is what Non Grata supposed to be, an unwelcome. We should not expect them to be nice, or honorable, or merciful. They are what they are, they are what they wanted to be.

What concerned us most is the lack of fight put up against them. Many of the alliances are too scared to fight a losing war. They cut ties, downgrade treaties, and do all they can to avoid having to fight them, even if it is at the cost of their dearest friends and allies.

We could have chosen a simpler, easier role to play. We could have chosen to be a neutral, who concern ourselves with nothing, share no responsibility, no roles, and no purpose in Bob. But, then, that would be as good as dead. Or we could have just joined the Non Grata side, bullying every single of you and enjoy the fantasy of being tough. But that would cause more stagnation more than Bob can handle. We should never let the King of Boredom rules us and leads many of our brothers into annihilation.

Everything should exist and co-exist in balance. Even too many good things can lead to bad things. Thus, we have chosen to take the role to stand up against Non Grata. Difficult and challenging it might be, we will welcome it with joy and spirit.

I believe that there are people like you who share the same vision with us. There are people like you that firmly believe that someone must stand up against them. This is not a fight to restore the morality in planet Bob. This is a fight to put an end to the wrong believe that small people are powerless against those who hold the power.

You can make a difference. If your alliance won't fight, join us and fight with us. Make your time in Bob worthwhile, and stop living with no purpose of your own.

Fight, we fight, we start the revolution.

We, the members of Kaskus, hereby, declare a state of war against Non Grata.

signed,
People of Kaskus
[/quote]

I really like the message in it. Sounds familiar.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335927961' post='2962031']
Oh, I was about to repost it. Here it is anyway:

I really like the message in it. Sounds familiar.
[/quote]
So it's Vox's coattails you're riding this week?

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' timestamp='1335928426' post='2962042']
So it's Vox's coattails you're riding this week?
[/quote]

No, where did you get that? If anything, I'm showing an example of people with similar sentiments in Kaskus before I ever said anything and also the reason they declared on NG.

Kaskus kind of reminds me of myself in that they've fought both NG and GOONS. With all NG's talk of wanting more war and causalities, I would think they would be happier when people declare on them without complaining about it later.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1335927671' post='2962028']
We attacked Non Grata for a reason.

Why dont you look it up before you post?
[/quote]
I'm well aware of it. Doesn't mean I really buy it. You guys were bored and that's about it.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1335928799' post='2962047']
Kaskus kind of reminds me of myself in that they've fought both NG and GOONS. With all NG's talk of wanting more war and causalities, I would think they would be happier when people declare on them without complaining about it later.
[/quote]

Where has anyone complained in this topic? We demolished Kaskus in our engagement and walked away with nothing but reparations and laughs.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1335931773' post='2962078']
time for bastion
[/quote]

I was going to say that, even though VE wasn't in the real Bastion, but it works, though you have to absorb XX as well to get the full contents.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1335931773' post='2962078']
time for bastion
[/quote]

If memory serves me correct I beleive you will find an announcement way way back on these forums where RIA claims to control all 3 member seats in Bastion technically making the Bloc still alive with RIA as the sole member. A less lazy wally would search and link you but hey just trust me on it :awesome:

o/ Bastion!

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1335932132' post='2962082']
If memory serves me correct I beleive you will find an announcement way way back on these forums where RIA claims to control all 3 member seats in Bastion technically making the Bloc still alive with RIA as the sole member. A less lazy wally would search and link you but hey just trust me on it :awesome:

o/ Bastion!
[/quote]

Oh, I'm referring to the real Bastion. This one: http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Tattler/Bastion

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335932434' post='2962087']
Oh, I'm referring to the real Bastion. This one: http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Tattler/Bastion
[/quote]

Ahh yes, indeed I was refering to http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Bastion

That Original concept admitedly looks bloody sexy, but I will admit I was but a noob back then and not aware of its discussion at the time. :blush:

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1335868637' post='2961552']
Looks like the NG-Kaskus war in October is off. Sorry R & tan :(
[/quote]

We should talk about it.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1335879122' post='2961590']
So Kaskus know they are being used by you for some odd PR stunt?
[/quote]

I do not catch what you meant 100%, but I guess you were saying that they are trying to gain some positive PR by allying themselves to us? If so, well, this is good for both of us. We need them, to be frank. From the strategic point of view, we are at our weakest point in this rebuilding phase. It will be difficult for us to afford an effective self defense should a foreign party decided to launch attacks against us.

Although GOD do not actually assist us in the last war, we very much enjoy and appreciate them leading the group of people who pointed and laughed at GOONS performance in the war against two micros. GOD do this openly and without hesitation, while many who actually supported us do not even dare to speak up and pick a clear side because they fear of the retribution if they were to offend GOONS. I look at GOD very positively because of this, they have the balls and they are not afraid to toss them around.

[quote name='Daimos' timestamp='1335883793' post='2961611']
This is a great pick from GOD late into the rounds. Kaskus has proven to have early round talent the last time we saw them play. I rated them high on my board. They slip this late because of their size, lack of exposure and minor league competition but have proven themselves during the last war and at the combine that they are ready for the big leagues. They are an absolute terror one on one and are willing to mix it up with the big boys. Expect Kaskus to give it all and to keeps it’s motor running until the whistle blows.
A virtual steal from GOD! I rate it an A+ pick.

Mel Kiper Jr. ESPN NFL draft guru
[/quote]

Thank you, friend. But to be honest, Mongols did a big part in the last war. With a drop of 9-15M every 10 days, they became the real nightmare to many unprepared GOONS members. In fact, they declared more offensive then we did.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1335889758' post='2961648']
Noooooooooooooooooooo :(

Cancel the treaty.
[/quote]

Friend, you are perhaps one among the crowd who are under the influence of the propaganda lead by Doom House and co. In this political world, one side will always try to paint the other side negatively for political gain. They will find a single mistake, and blow it out of proportion.

If you have no personal quarrel with them, do not believe in all you heard and join the hate group. Remember, these people who want to paint them bad, have their own agenda. They have something to gain. Do not let yourselves being used by them.
But if you have personal quarrel with them, by all means, join the propaganda effort. But be sure to know what you are doing, and why. Do not join the mass hysteria. You have to always filter the information you received and develop an independent thought.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1335899943' post='2961711']
But I digress, I know what I saw, I saw Mongols' leader wanting the conflict to end, and unable to because of Kaskus' continued desire to fight. You should probably keep an eye on that sort of thing. Take it or leave it.
[/quote]

I think I am the main advocate behind the decision to continue the war with GOONS instead of surrendering. So let me answer and explain the situation plainly and frankly here.

The first demand of reps from GOONS was something around 500 million if I remembered correctly. When I saw that demand, I heard many laughters in my head. It was just too funny. Seeing how they fought the war, we predicted that they would not last a few more week. Instead of asking for 500 millions, they should have felt lucky if we decided to let them go without reps.

At that moment, we were declaring more wars to GOONS and were constantly out of anarchy and were able to slip to peace mode regularly. We were not the one who needed peace. We talked with Mongols leader, and we agreed that at that point, we were doing much more damage to GOONS than GOONS to us. So we should continue the war. Besides, if we were to pay, we should make every cent of it worth it.

I think the doubt whether we should accept peace or not arose when Unknown Smurf brought in the new "generous offer" from GOONS. GOONS was offering 177 millions, and Smurf promises to take the offer to us to consider. At that point, Smurf told us that it is Sardonic last offer, and if we were to reject, they would bring in Pandora Box and we would never see peace ever again.

Well, the prospect of never ever see peace again certainly discourage many of our members and mongols. And many were considering to surrender. But, knowing that Non Grata had rejected GOONS request for help previously, I knew that GOONS did not really have a lot of support in this. Besides, if they were to bring in Pandora Box, I doubt the Pandora Box would let them wage eternal war on us. The moment they bring in their bigger brother in Pandora Box, they lost effective control over the resolution of the war.

After sharing this point of view with Kaskus and Mongols leader, we decided to reject the reps demand again. We agreed to let GOONS bring in the Pandora Box and see what would happen. There is no point of worrying about something that does not even happen yet.

After the Pandora Box enter, and seeing how we cannot longer have upper hand over GOONS, we quickly decided to find a way to peace. Through a few message exchange with Il Impero Romano of the Viridian Entente, we achieve peace. The extra 3M for 50 tech conversion clause really help us out, which is one among many reasons why Viridian Entente gain great respect from us in this.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1335906322' post='2961755']
Never thought I'd see this from Kaskus.
[/quote]

Read the post above for more info. You should visit us more often.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1335922380' post='2961937']
I see this got fun in my absence, such is life. Few points of clarification: for the individuals who feel Kaskus is being 'used' here for a PR stunt, please be aware that they offered us the treaty, and not visa versa. Sardonic was consulted to make sure he understood the treaty was not intended as an attack on GOONS itself, regardless of the insults I lobbed GOONS' way for their handling of the conflict, and he made it clear to me that while he didn't particularly think the tie was [b]wise[/b] the GOONS-Kaskus drama was nonetheless over, and he had no intention of attempting to block their political progress in the post-war. That's commendable, and this topic does not need to degenerate into arguing between us.

His post regarding not getting burned was not a threat, although it's incredibly easy to see how it could be taken that way, as I'm sure he'll spot immediately if he goes and rereads the post. Rather, it's a continuation of an evaluation he offered privately that Kaskus reflected some of NEW's unstable behavior and might eventually drag GOD into a conflict recklessly. I understand where that comes from entirely and it was fair advice. However, GOD has been talking to Kaskus for a long time now and we don't consider them reckless. They drove right into a wall set up by a very large bloc to honor an MDP with an alliance that realpolitically made no sense to defend, and did a fairly universally considered excellent job at that same defense. We're honored to have them as allies, and I hope with that we can bring the topic back to an amicable discussion.
[/quote]

Friend, if you want to have some insight into the reason behind our "stubbornness", refer to the paragraphs above this. Anyone with good head and a ball will see no point of surrendering when we were essentially still winning.

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1335926631' post='2962016']
I have to say, I'm disappointed in you Kaskus.
[/quote]

Don't be, friend. We do what is best for us. You sure you have clear reason to be friend GOONS and to hate GOD?

Edited by suryanto tan

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1335922689' post='2961938']
GOD for pb 2012
[/quote]

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1335922845' post='2961940']
VE for sf 2012
[/quote]

Funny how decisions made three or four years ago can still be felt today. [Shakes fist at FARK]

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1336057684' post='2962868']
Funny how decisions made three or four years ago can still be felt today. [Shakes fist at FARK]
[/quote]

I'm sure they would shake their fist right back. :)

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1336054427' post='2962852']

I do not catch what you meant 100%, but I guess you were saying that they are trying to gain some positive PR by allying themselves to us? If so, well, this is good for both of us. We need them, to be frank. From the strategic point of view, we are at our weakest point in this rebuilding phase. It will be difficult for us to afford an effective self defense should a foreign party decided to launch attacks against us.

Although GOD do not actually assist us in the last war, we very much enjoy and appreciate them leading the group of people who pointed and laughed at GOONS performance in the war against two micros. GOD do this openly and without hesitation, while many who actually supported us do not even dare to speak up and pick a clear side because they fear of the retribution if they were to offend GOONS. I look at GOD very positively because of this, they have the balls and they are not afraid to toss them around.
[/quote]

It's not a matter of GOD being somehow brave. It's just the fact that Xiphosis knows that most of PB/DH/C&G/DR/NPO dislike/hate him. With that many alliances against him he's still pushed back against a wall, similar to what NPO was like two years ago. He lost the political game leading up to the last war and was humiliated by it. This is just his attempt at snatching power again.

He's simply gathering up alliances to throw into the meat grinder so that he and his closer allies in SF take less damage.

Congrats to those involved, gotta love these half assed treaties so edgy.

Edited by iamthey