Announcement from Pandora's Box

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are seriously dense, when you are outnumbered in war, and you are fully wonder equiped with massive WCs. It is very very very very very easily to inflict tons of damage. IE: OP vs GOD. They actually made some half decent posts and did not run their mouths, even though vlad could do that and look good. Get over it, the war is over.

[quote name='Unkajo' timestamp='1334314807' post='2952080']
You guys are seriously dense, when you are outnumbered in war, and you are fully wonder equiped with massive WCs. It is very very very very very easily to inflict tons of damage. IE: OP vs GOD. They actually made some half decent posts and did not run their mouths, even though vlad could do that and look good. Get over it, the war is over.
[/quote]

War isn't supposed to be easy, if it was easy then it wouldn't be fun. Besides a good scrap increases your casualty count. A tech raiding alliance that doesn't like a good fight strikes me as a paradox.

PB is demonstrating unity and suddenly it's a "PR nightmare". lol

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1334313941' post='2952076']
I hate everyone involved for making me not only [i]agree[/i] with but also [i]enjoy[/i] Xiph's posts.....

Shame on you.......seriously shame on [b]all[/b] of you.... :lol1:
[/quote]

Yes, but you're from Valhalla, you're suppose to enjoy horrible people and their posting.

[quote name='Unkajo' timestamp='1334314807' post='2952080']
[/quote]

It's not over yet? :o

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1334295701' post='2951962']
Unless I misread (which I may have), military training also comes with compensation given, does VE plan to compensate Mongols and Kaskus for damage done?
[/quote]
(1) The tech raiding policy posted earlier is not of the charter but of Lordly decree and may be enforced, suspended, or revoked at the discretion of the Lord at any time. It's purpose is not definition of position for foreign bodies, but rather notice to members of the Entente who may wish to get a fight during peacetime or have questions.

(2) The posted policy only indicates that reparations must be offered if [i]unaligned nations[/i] are used for the purposes of training newbies. Kaskus and MONGOLS are clearly aligned and therefore do not fit within the stated policy.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1334318261' post='2952094']
Just for clarification, what were the terms offered to Kaskus and Mongols prior to this DoW?
[/quote]
The flat 150M that smurf had offered in one of the negotiations, but it was rejected. They aren't real good at this whole "negotiating" thing.

Given enough time I have no doubt we could have brought this war to a close solo, but this is much faster. I see no reason why we should continue to allow them to continue to have vladlike nations assailing us which we cannot counter effectively on our own. Unlike in Xiph vs Vlad, I'm not about to let some stupid sense of pride or honhurr get in the way of getting help where we legitimately need it. But please, go on, continue to call us weak, tell us how much of a PR disaster this is. :rolleyes:

I don't see how people can objectively fault this; it was rather good of PB to let Kaskus have fun for this long, because if it were done to one of my bloc-mates I'd have far less of a sense of humour about it. For what purpose did people think PB was signed into existence, if not for uniting to win wars? I get the sense that people are enjoying some schadenfreude, but if acting in rational self-interest is now a PR hit, what the hell?

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1334318923' post='2952096']
I don't see how people can objectively fault this; it was rather good of PB to let Kaskus have fun for this long, because if it were done to one of my bloc-mates I'd have far less of a sense of humour about it. For what purpose did people think PB was signed into existence, if not for uniting to win wars? I get the sense that people are enjoying some schadenfreude, but if acting in rational self-interest is now a PR hit, what the hell?
[/quote]
Everyone's looking to make a dig on us for not being able to effectively counter certain nations of kaskus because of their massive military advantages over our typical people in the range. That's really all there is to it.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334318757' post='2952095']
The flat 150M that smurf had offered in one of the negotiations, but it was rejected. They aren't real good at this whole "negotiating" thing.[/quote]

That may well be true, but this doesnt indicate it as you may be implying. It would be perfectly reasonable to have offered to pay you 150million to go away at one point in time but reject the same offer at a later time. A payment like that is only reasonable if it truly allows one to avoid significant damage. As their nations are beat down, the amount of damage left that could be avoided becomes minimal (for them,) so their willingness to pay for peace actually decreases.

[quote]Unlike in Xiph vs Vlad, I'm not about to let some stupid sense of pride or honhurr get in the way of getting help where we legitimately need it. But please, go on, continue to call us weak, tell us how much of a PR disaster this is. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

OK.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334318757' post='2952095']
The flat 150M that smurf had offered in one of the negotiations, but it was rejected. They aren't real good at this whole "negotiating" thing.

Given enough time I have no doubt we could have brought this war to a close solo, but this is much faster. I see no reason why we should continue to allow them to continue to have vladlike nations assailing us which we cannot counter effectively on our own. Unlike in Xiph vs Vlad, I'm not about to let some stupid sense of pride or honhurr get in the way of getting help where we legitimately need it. But please, go on, continue to call us weak, tell us how much of a PR disaster this is. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Hey, I would refuse to pay reps in this situation if I were Mongols as well, but then again I guess we share things like "pride" and "self-respect," which are likely foreign to an alliance like yours. I've always thought that distinction was where we differ to the greatest extent.

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1334288247' post='2951792']
This is rather interesting to see. Having this much trouble with as little nations that are in Kaskus and MONGOLS. What will happen when a larger more powerful enemy comes along and takes a swing?
[/quote]

Then they fight Umbrella.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1334319187' post='2952099']
Hey, I would refuse to pay reps in this situation if I were Mongols as well, but then again I guess we share things like "pride" and "self-respect," which are likely foreign to an alliance like yours. I've always thought that distinction was where we differ to the greatest extent.
[/quote]

Cause GOONS never fought a long term resistance movement against a more powerful, belligerent alliance. Hell, let's say neither did VE while we're at it.

SR.

Overkill much. To think the same side complained about FOK entering against MONGOLS and TSA during last war... Double standards much.

Anyways, have fun with this until it lasts.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1334292212' post='2951860']
Never in the history of cyberverse have so many needed so much help to defeat so few.
[/quote]

Don't quote Churchill :P

[quote name='Scandalous Rumour' timestamp='1334319293' post='2952101']
Cause GOONS never fought a long term resistance movement against a more powerful, belligerent alliance. Hell, let's say neither did VE while we're at it.

SR.
[/quote]

You seemed to have missed the memo. This GOONS claims to be a whole new entity, separate from the old one. Also, using the past to excuse present actions is pretty foolish, though then again I think DoomHouse has been using such logic ever since Karma to justify some of the crap they've done.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334319173' post='2952097']
Everyone's looking to make a dig on us for not being able to effectively counter certain nations of kaskus because of their massive military advantages over our typical people in the range. That's really all there is to it.
[/quote]

Yeah I suppose you could have built a bit better in the past, but the game mechanics don't help. It's not exactly a surprise that a bunch of well-stacked nations are beating up on a gang of relative newbs, no matter how many of you there are.

Can we be done with this, the world's least interesting war, now? I'm sure there are far more legitimate things than this to get upset about. GOONS built a well-stacked foreign policy to compliment it's weaknesses and is using it to end things in the manner it wants to. Alliances deliberately shunning the treaty web lack the same support. If this is what passes for dog-whistle politics now, people need to try harder.

[/quote]
Actually it's my pride and self respect that prevents me from just sawing off the situation and giving them white peace.

That and barring some of the more respectable members, they're a bunch of children.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1334319485' post='2952104']
Yeah I suppose you could have built a bit better in the past, but the game mechanics don't help. It's not exactly a surprise that a bunch of well-stacked nations are beating up on a gang of relative newbs, no matter how many of you there are.
[/quote]
A major problem for us has been growth because, well, we love to fight, and our nations aren't aged as old as the median ages of most alliance, so we're somewhat at a permanent structural disadvantage, the only way to correct would be to sit out of major conflicts, and what would that make us if we did?

[quote]
Can we be done with this, the world's least interesting war, now?
[/quote]
Oh believe me, we're trying. The failure of peace can be laid at Kaskus' feet alone.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1334308879' post='2952042']
I like how GOD is giving GOONS !@#$ for not being able to take care of 40 nations while they couldn't have handle 1 nation.
[/quote]

We'll have something to talk about when Kaskus picks up someone with an 11-digit warchest I think.

Not a terrible attempt at deflecting attention from the fact that GOONS [i]called in their whole bloc[/i], though. Maybe next time.

[/quote]

Right, there's so much honour in spying on ODN and admitting it publicly, and so much shame in asking for help from allies.

Edit: I can't believe some people still try to claim moral high ground in CN.

Edited by alyster

[quote name='Scandalous Rumour' timestamp='1334319293' post='2952101']

SR.
[/quote]
VE actually didn't. They got rolled and disbanded, then reformed after gaining permission to do so.