Some info on Dulra

Yuri Baddic

OBR has already countered.

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1333373136' post='2947287']
I prefer to fight people that have actually given me a grievance and a reason, or else people that want to do it OOC and have fun with it, and declaring on Dulra simply for being number 1 strikes me as rather gauche. I hope OBR is having fun.
[/quote]

Being number 1 gives some people grievance, especially when they don't follow the same political goals (like constant war or fighting on the same side or not spending money on the game, etc). Dulra is the tallest poppy after all.

And some people are simply the warrior types, and pick on someone they believe to be the strongest challenge, so as not to waste years of nation building on just deleting. Personally, I'd much rather go rogue than delete. I see no honor in deletion - a real warrior dies in nuke anarchy. It's just a matter of who you want to swap nukes with.

While I like Hime Themis, there's plenty of reasons why people would want to hit her, and it's more than just envy..

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]Your nuclear attack against Dulra was a success however their fallout shelters reduced some of the damage caused by this attack. Dulra lost 84409 defending soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 925.534 miles of land, 308.51 technology, 925.53 infrastructure, 50% of their aircraft, and 18% of their nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses Dulra will experience several days of economic devastation in their nation.[/quote]

Yikes!

Let us know how much damage you take when Hime sends you one.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1333343659' post='2947184']
So, as expected, you are ok when rogues receive help unless if said rogues are attacking your alliance and/or your allies.
[/quote]

That's not what I said. If you want to help someone rouging us, fine. Just know you'll get yours too.

Gentle Persons

Warning wall of text.

Since there seems to be great interest in the "stats" of this conflict. These grand brave eco warriors that are upholding the warrior way at the time of attack had just over 1 million and just over 800k losses. Or 1 mill combined losses less than I had. Their ages 240 days and almost 400 days older. Their war chests 6 B and 3.7 B identical to mine. Once again great thought and creativity is at play here but I am used to it by now. It does however seem to slow down my war chest growth. It is also mind numbingly boring wrecking yet another nation that no longer cares about itself. Should a real war come I would at least get some pleasure from taking some one I dislike down rather than the last two world wars we were involved in where we fought people we liked who fought with honour and civility.

Now since I know this will devolve into a troll fest, I shall give some clarifications just this once.

There seems to be some issue that I choose to use a specific approved method for nation building and that our alliance has not chosen to use other methods to bulk or fluff up our stats. So I apologize that we have never chosen to steal on a three on one raid from the weaker nations, and then extort more to get peace, I am sorry that we never ask from moron raiders more than the actual damage done instead of forcing punitive damages. I am sorry we have never been involved in a stomp down to inflate our stats. I apologize that we have NEVER asked nor accepted reps from any war we have been involved in nor attempted to beat our chest about the stats we gained by holding our defeated opponents to crippling reps after a war.

As to my war chest I realize this will be almost unfathomable to many but I have chosen to abandon the most efficient way to help others. Our Lady Kirke ran the most fantastic trade circle ring with over 100 circles yes 10 times our numbers were helped by her. I never partook in them because I always tried to have one or two slots at least for new nations. I cannot begin to tell you the number of new nations I traded with to get them up and running and offer building advice. These trades were far less than efficient and I did not actually have an all black trade circle until we were given the ability to switch resources and another stupid rogue attacked happened. It may be an anathema that one should help not pillage new nations but one of the advantages of being a larger nation is being able to put alliance and new nations interests a head of your own. As for the tech deals. Once again our Lady Kirke had a marvellous set of tech trading circles going that serviced many nations and alliances other than just our own. Now a as a top nation in many alliance one gets to put their needs at the top of the list when it comes to tech and trade deals. I could afford another way while supporting Digiterra and so I chose it. This left the slots normally dedicated to us self important upper nations to be used to the benefit of our alliance. Never have you seen those self important bio notes that read top rank or number of nukes taken or sent. My bio has remained unchanged since day one and fully reflects what I believe and support.

I find my self perpetually amused by those leaders who critique our way of carrying on our business while flying from one alliance to another never actually sticking with any one set of values. I have been in two alliances in my 1600 plus days on Digiterra and over 1500 in the OBR. The values displayed are those I support.

Now just a couple of shout outs to those special people who have posted.

First Rebel Virginia. I am truly shocked that with the amount of your self important pontifical drivel that spews forth so frequently that you do not like me. I am sure with therapy I can get over the disappointment. I would have put this in blue font so you could understand better but frankly I do not care enough about your opinion to waste my effort.

Second Roquentin. I do love born agains. I have watched you on many forums scourge yourself in a self righteous fury over the evils of MK, Umbrella, NG, etc……………….

You like quotes try this one. There is never a need to repent or apologize if you actually do the right thing from the very start. So I shall have to defer taking morality lessons from you and Rebel Virginia for the moment.

Last Zoom. I realize that math is not your major in school but when you extricate your cranium from the distal orifice of your alimentary canal you will note that one rogue who attacked twice and trurtled after 1 day each time is hardly likely to have produce 1 million casualties little own, 3 million. Of course you may have been confused by the losses you took when attacking an inactive neutral with help of others. I realize your brave efforts against a nation who was inactive with 169,000 casualties, most from that last moron rogue may have skewed your perceptions. For the record a large casualty count in my mind simply means you are fighting inefficiently or unable to resolve things diplomatically. Thus my embarrassment about being in the top 3.5% of casualties. Of course I do appreciate and am a little creeped out about your obsession with me. I could have sent this in binary but see above for Rebel Virginia.

Respectfully

Dame Hime Themis

TL.DR. If your attention span is that short seek medical attention.

I now return you to why neutrals are bad 101.

Edited by Hime Themis

Neutrals are bad and it is better to do basically anything than be a neutral pretty much. Passivity is the worst thing in this game and the "bad guys" at least offer a villain rather than talking about "right" and preaching certain values while not doing what it takes to enforce them. That is a non-moral argument, or maybe it does have a moral tinge, but it's not resting upon that foundation.

Zoom won't read it. I've written shorter.

Here's the difference between you, me, and Rebel Virginia.

You talk about a lot of stuff you believe in, but never act on it.

Rebel Virginia has adopted various bad faith positions in the past, but usually has acted on them. He probably was also heavily involved in pretty much every resistance movement to a curbstomping in 2008.

You can bring I've done x,y,z but at least I'm acting on what I believe to be right. edit: You also imply it's like I always in joint agreement with those people. Evidently not and it's the main reason we're at this point today, because they were happy to see me gone, Hime.

Edited by Roquentin

In addition, on the warchest thing, that's a horrible excuse since even if you just did 20 day back collects with the 1BR and didn't splurge on 30k infra, you'd have a lot more. It is the equivalent of building like a million Roads to Nowhere in terms of an RL comparison.

Also, Schattenamn, mind your own damn business and stop being a tattling little ass. The players got vetted a long time ago.

edit: Also Stonewall Jaxon is a tattling little ass as well, does it feel good buddy? Besides Hiro beat you to it, and we all know what kind of trash he is right?

Edited by Tir Nan Og

[quote name='Hime Themis' timestamp='1333390535' post='2947371']
snip
[/quote]

lol, what a massive, meaningless garble of text. People delight in hitting you because you play by way of OOC means, and while that's totally fine and acceptable within the confines of the game (and many people do it), it's frowned upon for being inaccessible for the vast majority of players who have no means outside of the game.

Your warchest sucks and you should just admit it. I had 70k NS and 3.4 billion 3 weeks ago, and I'll be surprised if you can even remotely dream of rebuilding to that level of infrastructure once these rogues tap out.

OBR and other neutral alliances in this world are neutral because they exclude themselves from the community at large, and the rest of CN hates that because the community is the only thing keeping this world intact. Neutrals leech off the collective efforts of the rest of us and have the ability to return to the community at any time without having to suffer the consequences of playing what many would consider a game of thrones. GPA, OBR, WTF, etc are all massive NS sinks that serve no purpose but to drown the world in inactivity, whereas the rest of us are actively playing the game. Neutrality is a crippling disease on this community.

The fact that everyone is more interested in the simple number of damages one of your nukes will do over the well-being of your nation should clue you in to how much the community at large really cares about the number 1 spot. Those dissenters who think you're being victimized should really be overjoyed that a few rogues are bringing you and OBR back within our realm of activity, politics and conflict. Your overzealous and pretentious sense of self-worth and opinions of entitlement to share common ground with the likes of Rebel Virginia or Roq really show me how profoundly mistaken you are in what binds us together against you.

Well put, Gairyuki. Neutrals really are ruining the game.

In addition, it's not only them, but anywhere where passivity and inactivity prevail.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1333400416' post='2947417']
I think the real thing everyone is waiting for is to see how much damage 40k tech does.

-omfg
[/quote]

If you actually care that much, why not do the math?

[b]Base Damage[/b]- 150 land, 150 infrastructure, and 50 technology
[b]Technology[/b]- increases damages caused in ground battles, cruise missile attacks, nuclear missile attacks, navy attacking and defending naval attacks, and aircraft bombing attacks by 0.01% per level of technology.
[b]Weapons Research Complex[/b]- Increases the technology bonus to damage from 0.01% to 0.02% per technology level
[b]Submarine[/b]-Provides 2% damage increase for nuclear missile attacks up to 10 subs. Can Blockade. Invulnerable to nuclear attacks. Provides fleet support.
[b]Tech Level[/b]-45,090.98

So damage is: 150*(45,090.98*.0002) = 1352.7 infra/land damage. If capable of getting a battle support in, this jumps up to 1623.24 infra/land damage. The tech damage is 1/3 of that, so normally 450.9 tech, or 541.08 with battle support

Okay now that that's out of the way, I don't see why Hime's warchest level matters. 3.6billion is way more than he is going to need. What really baffles me is people actually expecting hime to have more than that, despite having bought up to a high enough infra level that he actually makes less per collection than most people more than half his size. On top of that, hime is sitting on 27,000 land, I highly doubt that all came from donations, and Hime doesn't tech raid, so that had to be paid for. As well, I would suspect Hime buys a lot of his tech in addition to the constant stream of imported tech, to stay ahead of the curve.

Let's face it, getting to the #1 spot in the game is not somewhere you get by sitting around and collecting 16billion dollars worth of money you will literally never play long enough to use up in war. 3.6billion is more than enough for anyone to get by on unless they intend to stay at war for literally years.

Edited by Seerow

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1333403593' post='2947436']
numbers
[/quote]

I mean I could do the numbers but it is much different seeing it through a message. It is like the difference between drinking beer from a can and a bottle.

Appreciate the number crunching though!

-omfg

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1333403593' post='2947436']
snip
[/quote]

Is 3.6 billion really enough to to keep up with the costs of military arms at 45k tech though?

I mean, it costs myself 9 million to replace 105 planes at 9k tech. So it must cost her an astronomical amount.

I could be wrong (I have no intention of actually crunching numbers).

[quote name='Gairyuki' timestamp='1333401558' post='2947423']
GPA, OBR, WTF, etc are all massive NS sinks that serve no purpose but to drown the world in inactivity, whereas the rest of us are actively playing the game. Neutrality is a crippling disease on this community. [/quote]

What a load of self-righteous propaganda. And on the OOC forums too. Get this, the neutrals owe you [b]nothing[/b], they're playing the game as they see fit and to make out that's a "disease" is pretty insulting.

If they bother you that much just ignore them.

It is a disease and it doesn't matter what they owe. Simply put, whenever someone gains enough of an upperhand, it won't be limited to roguing or rogue assistance in terms of actions people take against neutrals.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1333404667' post='2947453']
Is 3.6 billion really enough to to keep up with the costs of military arms at 45k tech though?

I mean, it costs myself 9 million to replace 105 planes at 9k tech. So it must cost her an astronomical amount.

I could be wrong (I have no intention of actually crunching numbers).
[/quote]

A level 9 plane has a base cost of $47,500, so when you factor in the WRC and the cost for 105 of said planes the total to rebuild a full airforce is $27,476,627. Not really astronomical.

Neutrality is an inherently self-defeating philosophy because they play Gandhi when someone does something to them and they refuse to do anything about it, like the "switch to Maroon" thing. People like jerdge take radically anti-historicist positions and one day given one major neutral alliance has been rolled and several have come close, their ivory towers will come crashing down. GPA will at one point be in a state where all that protects them is VE's unilateral stance.

[quote name='Gairyuki' timestamp='1333401558' post='2947423']
lol, what a massive, meaningless garble of text. People delight in hitting you because you play by way of OOC means, and while that's totally fine and acceptable within the confines of the game (and many people do it), it's frowned upon for being inaccessible for the vast majority of players who have no means outside of the game.

Your warchest sucks and you should just admit it. I had 70k NS and 3.4 billion 3 weeks ago, and I'll be surprised if you can even remotely dream of rebuilding to that level of infrastructure once these rogues tap out.

OBR and other neutral alliances in this world are neutral because they exclude themselves from the community at large, and the rest of CN hates that because the community is the only thing keeping this world intact. Neutrals leech off the collective efforts of the rest of us and have the ability to return to the community at any time without having to suffer the consequences of playing what many would consider a game of thrones. GPA, OBR, WTF, etc are all massive NS sinks that serve no purpose but to drown the world in inactivity, whereas the rest of us are actively playing the game. Neutrality is a crippling disease on this community.

The fact that everyone is more interested in the simple number of damages one of your nukes will do over the well-being of your nation should clue you in to how much the community at large really cares about the number 1 spot. Those dissenters who think you're being victimized should really be overjoyed that a few rogues are bringing you and OBR back within our realm of activity, politics and conflict. Your overzealous and pretentious sense of self-worth and opinions of entitlement to share common ground with the likes of Rebel Virginia or Roq really show me how profoundly mistaken you are in what binds us together against you.
[/quote]
Not everyone hates neutrals and OBR hasn't been a purely neutral alliance throughout its existence.