A Brief Announcement from Umbrella

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1332905120' post='2944028']
I think we can both agree that the reparation amount should not only consider the amount of damage inflicted by the losing party.
It also has to consider the ability of the losing party to pay.
If paying reps means putting our alliance in 0 infra forever, well, might as well continue the fight.
[/quote]

You're the definition of incompetence if you can't figure out how to rebuild while paying a marginal rep total.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1332905500' post='2944036']
Sorry, i put the wrong word in there, my apologies. It should be "You guys clearly state that Doomhouse basically acts like one alliance, so doesnt that mean MK, Umb and GOONs have to agree?"
[/quote]

As an uninvolved party in this war I don't understand why we would have any input into it's outcome. I stand by my parasol friend's statement in the OP which is to see a swift resolution.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1332918863' post='2944206']
Who or what is holding you back?
[/quote]

GOONS requested Umbrella's support, not ours. I don't see any reason to get involved in this unnecessarily long conflict.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1332933842' post='2944284']
I don't get why people are so upset with Flak's post. My assumption when reading that was that he'd like NEW to be destroyed for reasons completely unrelated (for which I could only [i]assume[/i] there are many) to this Kaskus / GOONS conflict at hand.
[/quote]

Your assumption is spot on.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alex0827a' timestamp='1332933461' post='2944281']
If I were Kaskus, I'd be proud to know that my alliance could give a much larger one enough trouble to call in Umbrella :P
[/quote]

We did..... so proud

we were beaten by NG, then GOONS made us into "sands"... Now we have UMBRELLA joining the fray.
This game never been more interesting until today.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1332942529' post='2944315']
You're the definition of incompetence if you can't figure out how to rebuild while paying a marginal rep total.
[/quote]

Yes, perhaps you are right, I am incompetent like that.
I will consult with you next time I need your expert advice on this matter.
I hope this help giving you the fantasy of being smart and useful again.

By the way, you missed the main part of my post:
[quote='Suryanto Tan']
At any point, when we consider the reparation, we compare its attractiveness to the alternative scenario, i.e. continuing the war.
If paying reps is more expensive than continue fighting the war, why would we even consider paying that?
[/quote]

Edited by suryanto tan

[quote name='sigelopisan' timestamp='1332943459' post='2944318']
We did..... so proud

we were beaten by NG, then GOONS made us into "sands"... Now we have UMBRELLA joining the fray.
[/quote]
Hehe, you guys certainly have been starting a lot of stuff, or joining in. And while I like the cut of your jib, I also know how quick ex-NEW guys over there/NEW can move cash around, 400m or whatever it is is penny change for you guys.

Wise move by Umbrella, time to exert some muscle and separate the men from the boys when and if any counters on Kaskus side come. With new attack ranges what they are and beaten down nuked up mid-lower tiers being so tough nowadays, I can't really blame GOONS. Good luck guys!

[quote name='marzan04' timestamp='1332918850' post='2944205']
NEW never sent ghost to kaskus ^^
IMO, it's about their own right to accompany their friends in WAR :P
yeah, we're not just friend in CN, but in RL too

*sorry for bad english*
[/quote]

Yes. This is a thing I believe.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1332903408' post='2943987']
I found this pretty funny. Kaskus and Mongols won't agree to 400mil in reps, so you think they need more punishment or something? If you want to end the war just lower the rep amount. Considering who you're fighting, I don't think they'll automatically start giving in just because you've hurt their nations more. Then again, maybe they will. Who knows?
[/quote]

Not that easily :smug:

Also we are standing up for our allies no different then what Umbrella is doing here. Guess we both feel the same about our allies :P

Edited by Swatch0

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1332918177' post='2944201']
If NEW keeps sending ghosts over, this war might even get interesting.
[/quote]

They're not. From my understanding of the situation the ex-NEW guys on the Kaskus AA quit NEW and are legitimate members of Kaskus.

Just, FYI, the situation isn't what people are claiming.

If NEW and GOONS went to war, on a pure statistical basis, NEW would win; it has more NS, it has a better-developed upper tier.

What's going on is that NEW keeps on sending people into Kaskus to ghost, and while Kaskus is basically contained, NEW keeps on sending reinforcements to Kaskus as though it's breaking the containment.

This could be considered a declaration of war; NEW's material support to Kaskus is sufficient that GOONS can't beat Kaskus by itself.

Instead of escalating the conflict by asking its allies to demolish NEW, GOONS is keeping the affair contained by routing their own imports from Mushroom Kingdom and Umbrella.

===

Now, NEW can claim that their reinforcements to Kaskus are individual actions by their members, but when so many players leave to engage GOONS via Kaskus, it is virtually an alliance-supported action. NEW should make its stance clear on this conflict. What level of support should Kaskus expect from NEW? Are the reinforcements alliance-sanctioned?

If they are not, NEW should make a declaration that members of NEW who want to engage Kaskus should be allowed to leave, but only within a certain time table. Members who leave afterwards should be considered to have deserted during wartime and should be barred from NEW for a protracted amount of time.

If NEW does in fact sanction these wartime volunteers, then this is an act of war against GOONS and the rest of Doomhouse and it is up to Doomhouse to decide whether or not to escalate this war to NEW.

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' timestamp='1332947385' post='2944345']
Heh, you have no idea how much many of us would.
[/quote]

Well then, what are you all waiting for?

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1332947805' post='2944348']
Well then, what are you all waiting for?
[/quote]

For them to declare, or did you not even bother following the conversation? Oh no, that can't be can it?

Also, you are truly a member of the ignorant if you believe a non-government member's opinion dictates MK's foreign policy.

[quote name='Instr' timestamp='1332947195' post='2944343']
If they are not, NEW should make a declaration that members of NEW who want to engage Kaskus should be allowed to leave, but only within a certain time table. Members who leave afterwards should be considered to have deserted during wartime and should be barred from NEW for a protracted amount of time.
[/quote]
Who are you to decide that NEW should do this. If NEW says it's just individual members leaving for Kaskus, then it's just individual members leaving for Kaskus. This is nothing new. And it looks like Umbrella doesn't even mind.

Yeah I also don't really agree with your assessment Inst. Most alliances had several people leave their ranks to join an alliance in war. If people would take those individual members as my own alliance's policy I'd say hey dude: "$%&@ you".

What objectives did GOONS hope to complete? Attack Mongols > ??? > Profit. Heh, how much reps have they gotten from that stone? Instead, they bleed NS, so their puppet master has to call in their allies.

Meanwhile, MONGOLS have completed their objective of stopping the raids on their friend. And all with just a little heroic sacrifice of their NS and some help from their friends.
But GOONS claim they aren't losing...

What's going on is that NEW keeps on sending people into Kaskus to ghost, and while Kaskus is basically contained, NEW keeps on sending reinforcements to Kaskus as though it's breaking the containment.

This could be considered a declaration of war; NEW's material support to Kaskus is sufficient that GOONS can't beat Kaskus by itself.[/quote]

Err.. what? No. A few guys from NEW thought the fact this war hasn't ended is ridiculous and joined Kaskus. They are official members. They resigned from NEW.

[quote]Instead of escalating the conflict by asking its allies to demolish NEW, GOONS is keeping the affair contained by routing their own imports from Mushroom Kingdom and Umbrella.[/quote]

There were plenty of MKers on the GOONS AA well before anyone from NEW came over to Kaskus.

[quote]Now, NEW can claim that their reinforcements to Kaskus are individual actions by their members, but when so many players leave to engage GOONS via Kaskus, it is virtually an alliance-supported action. NEW should make its stance clear on this conflict. What level of support should Kaskus expect from NEW? Are the reinforcements alliance-sanctioned?[/quote]

How many NEW people do you think came over? The count is at 3 as far as I see. And as proved earlier in this thread, more MKers have come to GOONS (including those that have since left) than NEW members have joined Kaskus. Does that make it virtually an alliance-support action?

How about when you take the fact that the MKers coming over are ex-govt of MK, whereas the NEW guys are only (and only have been) members of NEW?

[quote]If they are not, NEW should make a declaration that members of NEW who want to engage Kaskus should be allowed to leave, but only within a certain time table. Members who leave afterwards should be considered to have deserted during wartime and should be barred from NEW for a protracted amount of time.
[/quote]

Weren't you guys just complaining about people telling GOONS how they should handle their alliance? :rolleyes:

Ya know, I read the first three pages, and I can't understand any complaining about this. GOONS has no nations in range of the nation, so they asked for help from their ally who has an abundance of nations in range, and like a good ally, they obliged - and did it by declaring war, not ghosting (which I prefer, personally). If you're going to attack something in this topic, laugh at GOONS for being !@#$%* nation builders.

Edited by Gibsonator21

[quote name='sigelopisan' timestamp='1332943459' post='2944318']
We did..... so proud

[/quote]
Glad you can have fun with it and not take it too seriously :)[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1332948120' post='2944350']
Who are you to decide that NEW should do this. If NEW says it's just individual members leaving for Kaskus, then it's just individual members leaving for Kaskus. This is nothing new. And it looks like Umbrella doesn't even mind.
[/quote]
We've laid out our policy for all to see. If people ghost or join Kaskus we don't care. If these people hit GOONS and/or Umbrella we will deploy against them. Our targets are only those engaging Umbrella and GOONS, if you don't want some of Umbrella don't touch GOONS or Umbrella.

I've heard from a friend that knows a guy who once met a member of GOONS that all they care about is peacefully building their nations. They hate war and will do anything possible to avoid it. They cherish their nations more than life itself. All of this is true because I heard it from a guy.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1332906261' post='2944060']
well since it seems that 1 Kaskus nation equals one alliance, where will you find another 119 alliances?
[/quote]

This makes me want to join Kaskus, post of the year imo :D

Just, FYI, the situation isn't what people are claiming.

If NEW and GOONS went to war, on a pure statistical basis, NEW would win; it has more NS, it has a better-developed upper tier.

This could be considered a declaration of war; NEW's material support to Kaskus is sufficient that GOONS can't beat Kaskus by itself.

Instead of escalating the conflict by asking its allies to demolish NEW, GOONS is keeping the affair contained by routing their own imports from Mushroom Kingdom and Umbrella.
[/quote]

You do realize if GOONS was to ask someone to hit NEW it'd be pretty disastrous. It'd force CnG/BFF against PB, and then you'd have to deal with Int's ties to SF as well, whom I'm betting wouldn't mind taking shots at some of you. I'm not calling GOONS cowards (this time) for playing it like they have been, because I wouldn't fight my allies allies either.

However, everyone beating their chest saying "bring it NEW!" are just absolutely retarded.

Edited by Omniscient1