GOONS defending the great wall

r00tn00b

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330738918' post='2932302']
Well, one for three.

Thing about boxes is that the actions of one or two represent the actions of all. It has already been out there that not all in your box tend to like the actions exhibited by all.
Besides, your box is decidedly crowded and I think it's only a matter of time before it just becomes a house.

I don't agree that all inside of your box actually share the same views / morals as you claim to.
[/quote]

You're not very good at extending analogies.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='r00tn00b' timestamp='1330785940' post='2932508']
Choke on it.
[/quote]

What a fantastic response from a group I would expect nothing more from.

[quote name='ControlVolume' timestamp='1330742477' post='2932325']
you're not very good at this whole "comeback" thing
[/quote]
He's not really good at anything, hence his current position in the international community.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1330802488' post='2932588']
He's not really good at anything, hence his current position in the international community.
[/quote]
Non-existant?

[/quote]

As defined by who exactly?

I was unaware IRON is a pariah state.

Try again.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330803727' post='2932599']
As defined by who exactly?

I was unaware IRON is a pariah state.

Try again.
[/quote]
IRON is fine, you however are well within the "disgraced former leader" category.

[/quote]
[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1330803865' post='2932603']
IRON is fine...
[/quote]
Then you might want to consider your words more carefully next time to avoid sounding like an imbecile.

You'll have to try harder if you think personal attacks and abuse are going to defeat reason. I'd also suggest not using them in defense of yourselves being labeled by quite the varied group as being a bunch of cretins.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330804405' post='2932609']
Then you might want to consider your words more carefully next time to avoid sounding like an imbecile.
[/quote]
Social position, not alliance affiliation, and the only one here who looks like an imbecile on a regular basis is you :3.
[quote]
You'll have to try harder if you think personal attacks and abuse are going to defeat reason. I'd also suggest not using them in defense of yourselves being labeled by quite the varied group as being a bunch of cretins.
[/quote]
Oh please, as if you've ever made a reason-based critique of my alliance. If you made any policy arguments I'd counter them. As it is, you are merely a yappy dog, demonstrating only nominal understanding of the diplomatic structure of the world.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1330804608' post='2932613']
Social position, not alliance affiliation,[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying, because your words stated literally that you believe IRON is a terrible place for an individual to be.

Oh please, as if you've ever made a reason-based critique of my alliance. If you made any policy arguments I'd counter them. As it is, you are merely a yappy dog, demonstrating only nominal understanding of the diplomatic structure of the world.
[/quote]

Unfortunately the days where you could spew tautologies about someone and pretend they were truisms is over. I'll take the insults as only more evidence that you are seemingly distressed that multiple people from several alliances have called you out so you feel the need to single individuals out and attempt to slander them one by one, as you also did with the others.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwUO_NHAjQA"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=UwUO_NHAjQA[/url]

Considering your alliance prides itself on being cretins, do you think the international community other than your direct allies really cares for anything you have to offer?
How do you perceive acting like jerks and uniting yourselves under a banner of bigotry and thinly veiled hate is a great long-term strategy for your alliance?
Do you think that it is a sign of the times or a sign of the disdain for your actions the responses to your war/tech raid on a micro alliance?

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330805149' post='2932618']
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwUO_NHAjQA"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=UwUO_NHAjQA[/url]
[/quote]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/s3hPM.jpg[/IMG]
[quote]
Considering your alliance prides itself on being cretins, do you think the international community other than your direct allies really cares for anything you have to offer?
[/quote]
Firstly, we do not pride ourselves on being cretins, we weigh all our decisions carefully.
Secondly, yes, we work a great deal with our indirect allies.
[quote]
How do you perceive acting like jerks and uniting yourselves under a banner of bigotry and thinly veiled hate is a great long-term strategy for your alliance?
[/quote]
Bigotry and hate? Get over yourself. We do not act out of hate, we act to aggressively defend our sovereignty and maximize our returns. Ask our many defeated foes if we were not gracious in victory. You can use your charged words little man, but those words have no meaning applying to us.
[quote]
Do you think that it is a sign of the times or a sign of the disdain for your actions the responses to your war/tech raid on a micro alliance?
[/quote]
I'm not seeing any negative feedback I should be caring about, except potentially from Trimm.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330805149' post='2932618']
Thanks for clarifying, because your words stated literally that you believe IRON is a terrible place for an individual to be.
[/quote]

Except that's not what his words said. He was talking about you, not your alliance. [i]His[/i] is defined as "that or those belonging to him".

Let's take a look again at what Sardonic said:

[quote name='Sardonic']..., hence his current position in the international community.[/quote]

Unless IRON itself belongs to you, [i]which it doesn't[/i], what you are possessing is your own personal standing within the international community. (Which is what Sardonic was implying you have a great lack there of.)

Yes, bigotry and thinly veiled hate. They're not charged words, they're reality.

Also, so the only reason you care about Trimm's concerns are because he/she is from Argent, and not for their concerns?

So you have taken the time to consider the ramifications of acting like cretins and the behavior ITT is just a continuation of that policy?

It's all beginning to make sense.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1330805913' post='2932628']
Except that's not what his words said. He was talking about you, not your alliance.[/quote]
[/quote]

He quite literally said his "place in the international community."
Now I've been a few places but currently I reside in IRON. If he was talking about something else he should have specified it because it really looks like an underhanded dig at my alliance, which is not something I will tolerate. Given his indication he only values Trimm's words because he/she in Argent and not because his/her critique makes sense and he has no defense for it, I would think he would have not cast that stone. Thankfully he corrected himself after acknowledging his error, as he only wants to insult those he has specific alliances in his mind he has to somewhat appease/tolerate in regard to how they act while the same words from others can be dismissed off hand.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330805918' post='2932629']
Yes, bigotry and thinly veiled hate. They're not charged words, they're reality.
[/quote]
Explain to me how we are bigoted? Quite a poor choice of words there.
[quote]
Also, so the only reason you care about Trimm's concerns are because he/she is from Argent, and not for their concerns?
[/quote]
Obviously I'm going to value the opinions of an indirect ally more than people not within our sphere.
[quote]
So you have taken the time to consider the ramifications of acting like cretins and the behavior ITT is just a continuation of that policy?
[/quote]
I'm not seeing anything outside of acceptable operating parameters.
[quote]
It's all beginning to make sense.
[/quote]
Really, that we care what those of indirect allies think and don't care what random non-gov members and gov members of opposing alliances think is some massive revelation to you? You know even less than I thought.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330806047' post='2932631']
[/quote]
Do you really think I have some grudge against IRON? I don't. I was speaking about social position, but please, continue to vainly attempt to twist my words to mean things more profitable to your ends, it's oh so amusing to see you flail about.
[quote]
Given his indication he only values Trimm's words because he/she in Argent and not because his/her critique makes sense and he has no defense for it
[/quote]
What critique? He merely stated in no uncertain terms that his moral judgement takes him to a different solution than we reach.

Edited by Sardonic

You think you are right and better than everyone else and express an undying intolerance for anyone who might oppose your opinions and/or perception. (See: The last 23-24 pages of this thread, for example. Specifically the last two where your alliance amassed about 8-10 personal attacks as an attempt to detract from your actions.

It's curious that you do not accept the same exact words from someone you seem to not want to upset but not the same exact words said from other individuals simply because your perception of them. Also, I never twisted your words. I used them verbatim, which then you were forced to redact and correct. It's still kind of laughable that you have to pick and choose who you direct your hate towards. Big Tough Guys !!

Obviously you have no concept of reality and to question your actions and what your culture embraces leaves is truly a futile task.

Clearly, with your continuation of this behavior and petty personal attacks and abuse you think your reputation rises somehow.

Curious, indeed.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330806633' post='2932634']
You think you are right and better than everyone else and express an undying intolerance for anyone who might oppose your opinions and/or perception. (See: The last 23-24 pages of this thread, for example. Specifically the last two where your alliance amassed about 8-10 personal attacks as an attempt to detract from your actions.

It's curious that you do not accept the same exact words from someone you seem to not want to upset but not the same exact words said from other individuals simply because your perception of them. Also, I never twisted your words. I used them verbatim, which then you were forced to redact and correct. It's still kind of laughable that you have to pick and choose who you direct your hate towards. Big Tough Guys !!

Obviously you have no concept of reality and to question your actions and what your culture embraces leaves is truly a futile task.

Clearly, with your continuation of this behavior and petty personal attacks and abuse you think your reputation rises somehow.

Curious, indeed.
[/quote]

Perhaps if you tried a few less personal attacks and a few more actual critiques of their acts and/or policies, you might get somewhere.

And, as an aside, I highly doubt my AA has much to do with who listens to me and who doesn't.

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1330807208' post='2932638']
And, as an aside, I highly doubt my AA has much to do with who listens to me and who doesn't.
[/quote]
[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330805918' post='2932629']

[/quote]

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1330806305' post='2932633']
Obviously I'm going to value the opinions of an indirect ally more than people not within our sphere.

I'm not seeing anything outside of acceptable operating parameters.

Really, that we care what those of indirect allies think and don't care what random non-gov members and gov members of opposing alliances think is some massive revelation to you? You know even less than I thought.
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm really making things up here.

Might want to wake up. The only reason he payed you any lip service is because you're in Argent. Plain and simple.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330806633' post='2932634']
You think you are right
[/quote]
It's not a matter of thinking I'm right, I know we're right, our actions are in accordance with our beliefs and values and in the service of our greater membership.
[quote]
and better than everyone else and express an undying intolerance for anyone who might oppose your opinions and/or perception.
(See: The last 23-24 pages of this thread, for example. Specifically the last two where your alliance amassed about 8-10 personal attacks as an attempt to detract from your actions.
[/quote]
I have tolerance for opposing positions, when they are stated fairly and without malice. We do not insult you and others to distract from our actions, we do not run from our actions, we do so merely because you are most, most worthy of our scorn.
[quote]
It's curious that you do not accept the same exact words from someone you seem to not want to upset but not the same exact words said from other individuals simply because your perception of them. Also, I never twisted your words. I used them verbatim, which then you had to correct. It's still kind of laughable that you have to pick and choose who you direct your hate towards. Big Tough Guys !!
[/quote]
If he wants to debate the terms he's more than welcome to, but they do not apply to us.
[quote]
[/quote]
All of our policies, values, and procedures are grounded in reality. You know little of us if you feel we do not live in the real world.
[quote]
[/quote]
My reputation is not at stake in lampooning somebody such as yourself. If you'd like a more formal debate of policy and moral reasoning, excuse me, if you're capable of a more formal debate of policy and moral reasoning, please let me know. Or just keep railing on us with your distorted world view and nary a grounded fact in sight, that's more entertaining anyhow.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330806047' post='2932631']
Now I've been a few places but currently I reside in IRON. If he was talking about something else he should have specified it because it really looks like an underhanded dig at my alliance, which is not something I will tolerate. Given his indication he only values Trimm's words because he/she in Argent and not because his/her critique makes sense and he has no defense for it, I would think he would have not cast that stone. Thankfully he corrected himself after acknowledging his error, as he only wants to insult those he has specific alliances in his mind he has to somewhat appease/tolerate in regard to how they act while the same words from others can be dismissed off hand.
[/quote]

Stop being dense and quit using IRON as your body shield. Neither of them were insulting IRON, only you.

[quote name='dev0win' timestamp='1330802554' post='2932589']
Anyone find it funny that GOONS is bothering to stat pad to hide the losses from this war? Looks as though ~400k losses covered up by MK tag jumpers. Mongols have lost about 200-220k.
[/quote]

MK has some visitors in our ranks, they come and go as they please. As has been said a thousand times before, no one in goons cares about losses when it comes to defending ourselves. but i'm sure some people find the whole thing humorous.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330804405' post='2932609']

[/quote]

There is no reason in your posting, as you freely fabricate or misinterpret words to pad your arguments. If your plan was to look like someone flying off the deep end on an international scale, you're succeeding.

Except you aren't right, and outside of your direct allies no one cares for any of your actions. You are wrong and that is clearly the difference.
The comment that you do not insult others for questioning it is just laughable. Simply cue the last few pages.

It is really amusing that you think taunting or attempting to belittle an opponent is proper decorum for a debate.
I'd have to ask if you really think your actions are going to be overlooked because you have the odacity to think you can drown it out with petty abuse and personal attacks?

You then taunt others and expect that they should just put up with it and take you seriously when you talk about how reputable you think of yourselves and other nonsense.

Just the past few pages alone.

In response to the defense of civility:

[quote name='ControlVolume' timestamp='1330742477' post='2932325']
you're not very good at this whole "comeback" thing
[/quote]

[quote name='r00tn00b' timestamp='1330785940' post='2932508']
Choke on it.
[/quote]

[/quote]
In response:
[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1330802608' post='2932590']
Non-existant?
[/quote]
[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1330803865' post='2932603']
you however are well within the "disgraced former leader" category.
[/quote]
After having to clarify an extremely poor choice of words:
Social position, not alliance affiliation, and the only one here who looks like an imbecile on a regular basis is you :3. [/quote]

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1330805705' post='2932623']
[img]http://i.imgur.com/s3hPM.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330807847' post='2932645']
Except you aren't right, and outside of your direct allies no one cares for any of your actions. You are wrong and that is clearly the difference.
[/quote]
Oh yes, please tell me what our sphere outside of our direct allies think, I'm sure you're an expert in our relations with our extended sphere. Please tell me about GOONS-ODN relations, please tell me about GOONS-FEAR relations (they are next), please tell the man who spends a great deal of time maintaining relationships within and without the sphere that nobody cares for GOONS
[quote]
The comment that you do not insult others for questioning it is just laughable. Simply cue the last few pages.
[/quote]
You want to discuss the last few pages? Perhaps you should read what was written, toothless threats against my alliance from you and CoJ. Such laughable threats deserve derision.
[quote]
It is really amusing that you think taunting or attempting to belittle an opponent is proper decorum for a debate.
[/quote]
This isn't a debate. If you want to be worthy of debate, you best bring your A-game and ask policy questions and questions of morals. You have been blathering on about the phantom moralist army that stands ready to obliterate us, such a laughable notion isn't worth debating.
[quote]
I'd have to ask if you really think your actions are going to be overlooked because you have the odacity to think you can drown it out with petty abuse and personal attacks?
[/quote]
I said before, but apparently it's not getting through to you. We aren't running from anything, nor are we trying to drown out debate. You aren't debating, so nor shall we.

Also "odacity" isn't a word, you're thinking of audacity.