GOONS defending the great wall

r00tn00b

It is not just outsiders who are hissed off stage when they suck at mercy terms. GOONS are required to use mercy when they screw up the few rules we do have on internal policy. If they present crap they are mocked and made to feel tiny too.

Mercy is a means to an end, not the beginning. We don't owe you anything if you are coming to us for mercy, except a keen eye for art and a love for Harry Potter fanfics.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330833517' post='2932905']
So you don't find anything at all wrong in treating or allowing individuals such as the individual came over to secure peace so...crappily?
[/quote]

As per my posts quoted below, I answered this question earlier. If it's reprehensible to offer people an opportunity to be publicly mocked [i]at their choice[/i] after conducting civil diplomacy in private, I guess we're complete scumbags :wacko:

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1330823193' post='2932783']
So the issue is with the diplomacy, eh?

The mercy board is out in public. It is a fact that mockery of appellants takes place there. It was not the only diplomatic option available. Prior to the events you describe, the MONGOLS representative rejected outright our very civil diplomatic approach in private, with much indignation and outrage at our request for restitution (a moderate one mind you - a mere $18 million and most likely open to reasonable negotiation) yet then undertook to resolve the matter by going to a place of public mockery? Hmmm, I wonder what the rationale behind that move was? Surely not a way to garner a little more public outrage from people like yourself? No of course it couldn't be, must be just more reprehensible behaviour from those evil goons... :rolleyes:

edit: can't spell :(
[/quote]

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1330825181' post='2932810']
But you are plainly wrong. We didn't mock him in all diplomacy undertaken, we mocked him after he chose to take a route of public mockery. The diplomacy conducted prior to him choosing that path was civil.
[/quote]

edit: still can't spell things correctly :wacko:

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1330841932' post='2933009']
As per my posts quoted below, I answered this question earlier. If it's reprehensible to offer people an opportunity to be public mocked [i]at their choice[/i] after conducting civil diplomacy in private, I guess we're complete scumbags :wacko:

[/quote]

To be fair, I've also seen some of your "civil diplomacy," which in the past has amounted to ridiculously unnecessarily high reps, even if used as a highball.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1330844529' post='2933032']
Sardonic, your capacity to argue with a sack of old potatoes never ceases to amaze me.
[/quote]
OOC: I will do anything [I]anything[/I] to avoid having to write this Strategic Management case.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1330844632' post='2933033']
OOC: I will do anything [I]anything[/I] to avoid having to write this Strategic Management case.
[/quote]
Might I suggest smashing your hand with a ball-peen hammer?

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330842531' post='2933013']
To be fair, I've also seen some of your "civil diplomacy," which in the past has amounted to ridiculously unnecessarily high reps, even if used as a highball.
[/quote]
Sardonic is generally a reasonable and fair man, from what I've seen of his private conversations in these type of matters. YMMV of course, I'm not privy to all of them.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1330809434' post='2932664']
I'll quote this the next time someone criticizes GOONS (e.g., for bringing in allies against rogues) and Sardonic asks why would wouldn't seek to use every advantage to minimize your losses and maximize your gains. Maybe you don't care about losses, but there seems to be a real disconnect between Sardonic's calculating, Art of War pragmatism and the reckless tough guy position that some other GOONS want to project.
[/quote]

the losses my military sustains, which is what I was referring to, and losing a war entirely are two different things altogether.

i'm not a good enough lawyer to proof my statements against the sentence dissectors of CoJ.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330822352' post='2932775']
It's the behavior as a whole.

You also had a member/the leader of Mongols come over to your alliance. Your diplomacy with him/her consisted of mocking he/she at every term, forcing him/her to do degrading things and even after he/she complied you then attacked the entire alliance for one member sending soldiers/tech to someone you attacked.

There is a pattern in your behavior and it is that of an overgrown bully, as evidenced by the incessant slander of anyone who has questioned even a shred of your position on the subject matter as a whole.
[/quote]

You're entitled to your opinion, of course. But,

They should not have instigated this conflict. They didn't have any issue sending 9mil, 100tech, and 6000 soldiers in aid against us, yet $18 mil in reperations was too high a figure to walk away intact, I guess. The Mercy Board is a place where you get pelted with tomatoes and then a round of applause if you turn out something worth reading or looking at. Bitburg approached it incorrectly, produced an offensive, non-sensical piece of work, and here we are.

From my wartime correspondence with the MONGOLS, I would say we're both enjoying this war with the exception that they wish it had not started.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330842531' post='2933013']
[/quote]

Like what? You mean in the case of that [i]extermination[/i] campaign launched by CoJ and Co? Where we were going to let them out of some of it for a play?

Child please.

Edited by mattski133