On Civility

Hime Themis

Gentle Persons

I dislike the pull of posting OOC and firmly believe that we should try as much as possible to maintain our IC style. However since there once again has come to Digiterra the need for some to cross the IC/OOC line by posting deliberately insulting and abusive comment about the RL people behind a truly tough and sad situation I think it may be time to once again remind our brethren that this kind of activity along with sudden rogue attacks on a nation as part of the abusive behaviour related to the RL issue that you are far beyond what is humorous or decent. Think please before you post or act. This is not the first nor last time RL will take a bite out our fellow nation leaders. Taking the opportunity, regardless of your like or dislike IC, to make fun of, insult or attack in game simply proves that you have a great deal of growing up to do. I am subject regularly to vulgar commentary and rude messages. While it is humorous how like spoiled 5 year olds some may be I have little concern that there is any useful malice attributed and put it down to large e- member envy. When it is directed, no matter how cutely covered, at a RL person I frankly despair for the continued existence of this realm.
I would ask. please direct the venom in game and remember that no matter how long it takes you to reach puberty at some point you will learn that you too have vulnerabilities you would not wish belittled and that despite the cute poem, words have a devastating impact if they did not racist, sexist or prejudiced words would have no value to those who use them.
Use that energy in your posting to add to the realm not diminish its character. When we abuse our privilege of enjoying our time on Digiterra it diminishes us all and takes us one step closer to the end. This I please ask of you.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To those men and women who would bring their personal lives into this world,

Once you've got one leg in, it's only a matter of time before the rest of us find your other one.

Respectfully, and disgusted,

- Gairyuki

Edited by Gairyuki

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1327639612' post='2907913']
No thanks.

Next time try not talking down to us.
[/quote]

Good Zoomzoomzoom

If one falls to the lowest level of discourtesy it is nigh on impossible to speak "Up" to someone. Personal attacks on the RL people due to a serious and painful RL situations should not require anyone to point out how truly vile that action is.......Sadly this degree of common sense and common courtesy apparently must be retaught to some. I would have thought that you would not have been one that required the reminder.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

[quote]I would ask. please direct the venom in game and remember that no matter how long it takes you to reach puberty[/quote]

Makes post about people using OOC insults by making OOC insults directed at those making OOC insults.

Stay classy.

edit: also
[quote]They weren't rogue attacks, please get all the info next time
[/quote]

This. I wouldn't stoop so low as to go rogue. However I am more than happy to offer ghost busting services to an alliance that asks us nicely.

Edited by Seerow

[quote name='brickyard' timestamp='1327640139' post='2907923']
Spends thousands of real dollars on fake nation.

Tells others not to cross IC/OOC line.

Never change.
[/quote]

Good Brickyard

So supporting the enterprise of Digiterra so others including my friends and you can play for free is a foreign concept to you? Do you really imagine that the world is here because you are her?. Time to recognize that your free ride is here because some of us believe there is a necessity to insure there is a reason for Digiterra to continue. If you do not even appreciate that your "free" fun at least comes with the responsibility to act in a civil and fair manner to the RL persons then you will be terribly disappointed when the Real World does not give itself to you without effort and positive input.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

OBR these types of people its best to respond with force if you want to send a clear message, you have one of the best military's in the game which has barely been used. Use that power and political pull you have to put some force behind your words, attack those who who have done wrong and get those who also oppose this blurring off OOC/IC line to support you. As long as they get away with it, they'll continue to allow it slide until they get rolled for it.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1327640224' post='2907926']
So, the community needs to stop insulting people and being mean OOC. Also, we are...

>In need of growing up
>Spoiled 5 year olds
>In need of reaching puberty

Because we don't agree with you.

Oh, and don't forget, words hurt.

[b]wat[/b]
[/quote]

Good Hereno

If you believe that OOC insults are correct in a situation of a RL Crisis then I must conclude the answer to all your questions is Yes.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

[quote name='Hime Themis' timestamp='1327640828' post='2907940']
Good Hereno

If you believe that OOC insults are correct in a situation of a RL Crisis then I must conclude the answer to all your questions is Yes.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis
[/quote]

I believe you have developed a misunderstanding of the situation as a whole if that is what you believe happened. By all means feel free to visit our forums and we can discuss this in detail.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1327640357' post='2907931']
Makes post about people using OOC insults by making OOC insults directed at those making OOC insults.

Stay classy.

Good Seerow

I am not calling these people to account for their RL actions, I clearly stated that their posts on THIS and other forums indicates a degree of mean spirited childishness that will not serve them well in the Real World. If this is a concept you do not agree with that is your choice but when your crew pulls this little stunt of abusive post do not expect everyone will jump up to applaud this behaviour. Please tell me you guys seem perfectly capable of dissing out even OOC abuse but your egos are so concerned that you bring in the troops when someone does not hail your poor behavior?

Stay classy.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

[quote name='Hime Themis' timestamp='1327641148' post='2907946']
[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1327640357' post='2907931']

Stay classy.[/quote]

Good Seerow

I am not calling these people to account for their RL actions, I clearly stated that their posts on THIS and other forums indicates a degree of mean spirited childishness that will not serve them well in the Real World. If this is a concept you do not agree with that is your choice but when your crew pulls this little stunt of abusive post do not expect everyone will jump up to applaud this behaviour. Please tell me you guys seem perfectly capable of dissing out even OOC abuse but your egos are so concerned that you bring in the troops when someone does not hail your poor behavior?

Stay classy.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis
[/quote]

You posted, in an OOC forum, about how anybody taking part in acts you find offensive is clearly immature and prepubescent. Am I personally offended by this? No, I think it's funny. Primarily because your words are so hypocritical. Your way of protesting perceived OOC attacks is by making further OOC attacks, quite a vicious cycle, is it not?

Still, I can't help but feel you greatly misunderstand the situation as a whole, casting a negative light upon our feelings and reactions. I would once again urge taking this to a slightly more private area to discuss it further. I'd be happy to debate this with you via IRC, or you can post publicly in the restaurant if you still want your ~callout~ to be visible to general public.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1327640786' post='2907939']
OBR these types of people its best to respond with force if you want to send a clear message, you have one of the best military's in the game which has barely been used. Use that power and political pull you have to put some force behind your words, attack those who who have done wrong and get those who also oppose this blurring off OOC/IC line to support you. As long as they get away with it, they'll continue to allow it slide until they get rolled for it.
[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA

Lettuce be real tea, this is Hime Themis we are talking about.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1327639612' post='2907913']
No thanks.

Next time try not talking down to us.
[/quote]

Themis, you're a hell of a nice guy, but I've got to agree with Zoom on this one. There are those of us who feel that our sympathies were manipulated; more, there are those who feel that the actual efforts they put forth were done as a result of statements given in poor faith. They have the right to know if such is the case.

[quote name='Hime Themis' timestamp='1327634587' post='2907853']
Gentle Persons

I dislike the pull of posting OOC and firmly believe that we should try as much as possible to maintain our IC style. However since there once again has come to Digiterra the need for some to cross the IC/OOC line by posting deliberately insulting and abusive comment about the RL people behind a truly tough and sad situation I think it may be time to once again remind our brethren that this kind of activity along with sudden rogue attacks on a nation as part of the abusive behaviour related to the RL issue that you are far beyond what is humorous or decent. Think please before you post or act. This is not the first nor last time RL will take a bite out our fellow nation leaders. Taking the opportunity, regardless of your like or dislike IC, to make fun of, insult or attack in game simply proves that you have a great deal of growing up to do. I am subject regularly to vulgar commentary and rude messages. While it is humorous how like spoiled 5 year olds some may be I have little concern that there is any useful malice attributed and put it down to large e- member envy. When it is directed, no matter how cutely covered, at a RL person I frankly despair for the continued existence of this realm.
I would ask. please direct the venom in game and remember that no matter how long it takes you to reach puberty at some point you will learn that you too have vulnerabilities you would not wish belittled and that despite the cute poem, words have a devastating impact if they did not racist, sexist or prejudiced words would have no value to those who use them.
Use that energy in your posting to add to the realm not diminish its character. When we abuse our privilege of enjoying our time on Digiterra it diminishes us all and takes us one step closer to the end. This I please ask of you.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis
[/quote]

Thank you for saying this. Whatever the circumstances, the focus should be on the good that has come out of this incident.

[quote name='Artigo' timestamp='1327641390' post='2907951']
HAHAHAHAHA

Lettuce be real tea, this is Hime Themis we are talking about.
[/quote]

Good Artigo

You are a firm fighter and while I may not agree with your particular posting style I do believe your insult may be somewhat misplaced.

Number of Soldiers Lost in All Wars.847,267 Attacking + 2,131,414 Defending = 2,978,681 Casualties Casualty Rank:Ranked #675 of 15,130 Nations (4.46%)
These sad losses did not come about by paper cuts.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis