Happy Boxing Day

Sardonic

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1325091483' post='2888011']
No grudges necessary. Fark had been aiding NPL from early to mid December during their war with GOONs. Multiple nations sending and receiving aid; not an isolated incident. You don't have to have a grudge to consider that an act of war. Supporting people you're at war with is pretty much the most simple and pure CB there is. We had reason to join even if our allies didn't specifically ask us to.[/quote]
Then why was GOONS party to forcing CoJ to apologize to ODN for informing ODN's protectorate that continuing to techdeal with ODN during war was an act of war?

Edited by Schattenmann

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Great Lord Moth' timestamp='1325095015' post='2888039']
*looks at post one*

No malice, that's good at least. ^_^

*looks at post two*

:((
[/quote]

the "suck it" thing is a quote from one of Fark's founder members used against the original GOONS. It's there in humour, not anything else.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1325095491' post='2888047']
I mean, how can you say "Suck it, Fark," is malicious when Fark has included "Suck it, GOONS," in completely unrelated announcements? It's just a thing.
[/quote]

everything GOONS does, says, or thinks, is done with a malice of such astounding magniture that it's amazing we could take the time to write announcements when we're all so busy tying maidens to train tracks.

Edited by Lamuella

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1325091483' post='2888011']
No grudges necessary. Fark had been aiding NPL from early to mid December during their war with GOONs. Multiple nations sending and receiving aid; not an isolated incident. You don't have to have a grudge to consider that an act of war. Supporting people you're at war with is pretty much the most simple and pure CB there is. We had reason to join even if our allies didn't specifically ask us to.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL7.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

This furry is wise.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1325095123' post='2888042']
Then why was GOONS party to forcing CoJ to apologize to ODN for informing ODN's protectorate that continuing to techdeal with ODN during war was an act of war?
[/quote]

Because we don't like you.

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1325080028' post='2887936']
well, it was more like 9 months than a few years... but there were a few grudges. I seem to remember taking a lot of flak in my application thread, and there were several people who heavily opposed my being allowed to join. When I left to found new GOONS, there was a lot of pettiness about it (refusal to allow us an embassy, etc)[/quote]

It's sad to see such a distorted recollection of the alliance that accepted you unreservedly into its ranks and its military. Yeah, some members gave you crap in the application thread, but more of us welcomed you and treated you like any other Farkistani. I remember personally making it clear that I bore no ill will, and I was happy to have you as a shipmate.
I do have a tiny little grudge now. It was born the day you took all that cheap tech, you had been buying for months, while secretly planning to leave the alliance, and pissed off without a word of thanks. It has nothing to do with you being an old Goon or new Goon, and everything to do with you being a heel.
And curse you for making me post in this thread again.

But aside from all that, welcome to the war. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as we do.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1325079682' post='2887935']
Any suggestion that FARK continues to hold a longtime grudge against GOONS is laughable at best. First of all, there's like five to ten people in the entire FARK alliance whose nations existed back when the GOONS were holding FARK in perma-war (and as far as I can tell, they aren't even active). Second, the founders of the current GOONS were all in FARK for quite a while between the destruction of the old GOONS and the reformation. You'd have to be an idiot to think FARK was holding a grudge, yet welcoming their ranks into their own membership. Ask Lamuella if there was any "grudges" evident while he spent a few years in FARK.

Why even make up something this stupid? In the grand scheme of things, the reasoning for the declaration is meaningless issue anyway.
[/quote]

Actually there's like 3 dozen nations in FARK that existed back then, but let's not let little things like numbers get in the way of making a point with numbers.

Anyways, I'm not going to try to say that literally all of FARK has a hate boner for GOONS due to the actions of Neutral Shoving, but I'll put it like this: Whenever someone in GOONS goes to talk to an established alliance for the first time (this was still happening a lot during the period I was doing diplo work in GOONS), they get the round of obvious "How are you different from neutral shoving?" line of questioning. When FARK had its turn it was by far the most aggressive and persistant that I had seen. The reason behind the animosity was explained to a new diplomat (Hi JT Jag!) [i]by a member of FARK[/i] as being due to the history between FARK and Neutral Shoving.

edit: accidentally a word

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Fark Dansker' timestamp='1325098056' post='2888067']
I do have a tiny little grudge now. It was born the day you took all that cheap tech, you had been buying for months, while secretly planning to leave the alliance, and pissed off without a word of thanks. It has nothing to do with you being an old Goon or new Goon, and everything to do with you being a heel.
[/quote]

wow, you bear me ill will for buying tech at market rate from willing sellers? That's pathetic.

As for "without a word of thanks", I posted a goodbye thread and thanked everyone in my ship (or whatever word you were using for platoons at the time).

I don't know why I bothered even typing this. You'll think up some way in which I didn't put the seat down after I peed to maintain your sad grudge.

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1325090229' post='2887998']
Salithus hasn't been a member of GOONS for more than a year and a half, and he was one of about ten people who formed new GOONS. Your fixation on him is a little weird, and kind of acts against the idea that you guys weren't holding grudges.
[/quote]

Yeah, I don't know why I even mentioned Salithus. Aside from his being listed as one of the two alliance founders on [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Goon_Order_of_Oppression,_Negligence,_and_Sadism"]your wiki[/url], and his posting your [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=54702"]declaration of existence[/url], and his being your first alliance president ... he really had nothing to do with GOONS. He was practically a non-entity within the alliance at the time. :rolleyes:

Like I said, you should be ashamed of yourself. I know you're not, but you should be.

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1325102972' post='2888132']
Yeah, I don't know why I even mentioned Salithus. Aside from his being listed as one of the two alliance founders on [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Goon_Order_of_Oppression,_Negligence,_and_Sadism"]your wiki[/url], and his posting your [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=54702"]declaration of existence[/url], and his being your first alliance president ... he really had nothing to do with GOONS. He was practically a non-entity within the alliance at the time. :rolleyes:

Like I said, you should be ashamed of yourself. I know you're not, but you should be.
[/quote]

But this declaration of war has nothing to do with Salithus. For the last year and a half, GOONS/Fark interactions have had nothing to do with him.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1325108067' post='2888187']
But this declaration of war has nothing to do with Salithus. For the last year and a half, GOONS/Fark interactions have had nothing to do with him.
[/quote]

Read the thread, I'm not going to explain it to you because you're too lazy to go back and read.

[/quote]

funny how you picked on that one little bit and didn't mention anything else I wrote. I guess this means you agree that Sal being kicked out of Fark was nothing to do with him being part of the founding of GOONS, that representing it any other way is revisionist history, that not attacking us when we formed says nothing about your feelings towards us, and that you were wrong to claim I said I was "mistreated" in Fark?

Remember: you mentioned me, not the other way around. I'm sorry my experiences in your alliance don't match your caricature of my experiences in your alliance. I actually moderately enjoyed being part of Farkistan, but I did encounter ill feeling because of my having been in old GOONS, and it would be dishonest of me to say I didn't.

[quote name='REGHAR73' timestamp='1325111223' post='2888215']
Good Luck Fark - These goons aren't as good as they think give em hell :P
[/quote]

ah yes, I remember when we surrendered to you last week.

EDIT: It just occurred to me. If an MCXA member is saying we "aren't as good as we think", doesn't that mean that MCXA just surrendered to someone who isn't as good as they think?

Edited by Lamuella

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1325110650' post='2888211']
funny how you picked on that one little bit and didn't mention anything else I wrote. I guess this means you agree that Sal being kicked out of Fark was nothing to do with him being part of the founding of GOONS, [/quote]

I do. I think he was trying to manufacture some sort of feud on his way out - and lashed out like an infant when nobody cared enough to take the bait (as opposed to just putting him outside and closing the door) - but the formation of GOONS clearly started prior to his banning. I'm not sure what that has to do with the overall conversation (that FARK was holding a one-sided grudge with GOONS), which is why I ignored it.
[quote]
that representing it any other way is revisionist history,[/quote]

This would probably mean something if someone had represented it another way.

[quote]that not attacking us when we formed says nothing about your feelings towards us,[/quote]

Generously speaking, if anyone in FARK cared even *this* much about the GOONS reformation, your new alliance would have been stomped during the Karma War. You had zero support and Polar certainly wasn't going to screw up Karma (and commit suicide) to protect you. The general alliance feeling at the time was "Let's all just rejoice in the fact that jerk is gone - he's somebody else's problem now."
[quote]
and that you were wrong to claim I said I was "mistreated" in Fark?[/quote]

You were treated no worse (or better) than any other Farker in the general membership. For you to suggest otherwise is something you should be embarrassed about and apologize for. To perpetuate that myth is simply wrong. It's the wrong thing to do.

[quote]Remember: you mentioned me, not the other way around.[/quote]

Yes, I did. I said to myself, "Hey, Lamuella is in the thread. He was a stand up guy when he was in FARK. He'll be honest and set these guys straight." I was wrong. Apparently you've turned into a full fledged liar. I expect it from your alliance (and allies), but I didn't expect it from you. Oh well ... I guess I'll just have to get over it while I drown in my tears while missing much sleep this evening.

[quote]I'm sorry my experiences in your alliance don't match your caricature of my experiences in your alliance. I actually moderately enjoyed being part of Farkistan, but I did encounter ill feeling because of my having been in old GOONS, and it would be dishonest of me to say I didn't.[/quote]

You sure stayed there long enough. I wasn't even in GOONS and I guarantee I encountered far more ill feeling than you ever did while in FARK - that tends to happen when you're involved in a community over 300 people. You could fart glitter and some people just aren't going to like you - welcome to society.

[b]tl;dr:[/b]
Nobody in FARK has cared about GOONS since they disappeared the first time. If anyone believes that FARK has been harboring some grudge for years, you have been mislead (either intentionally or unintentionally - I'll let you figure it out). To perpetuate this rumor would be both wrong ... and wrong, particularly when the war is going to occur regardless.

[/quote]
I'm not sure what part of Salithus not being in the alliance for over a year you're not getting, so let me repeat it slowly to get it through your thick neanderthal skull.

Salithus. Has. Nothing. To. Do. With. Anything.

And however much you think you hate him, I hate him more.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1325130146' post='2888317']
I'm not sure what part of Salithus not being in the alliance for over a year you're not getting, so let me repeat it slowly to get it through your thick neanderthal skull.

Salithus. Has. Nothing. To. Do. With. Anything.

And however much you think you hate him, I hate him more.
[/quote]

Yeah, you missed the post where Lammy stated that FARK's decision not to give new GOONS an embassy was proof FARK continued to hold a grudge against your alliance (that apparently you guys are still using as an alliance boogeyman). And the actual reason new GOONS didn't get an embassy was because Salithus ran your alliance and nobody in FARK wanted to be associated with him after having just tossed him out that week; it had nothing to do with your alliance's name or past history (as was posited).

And, just so we're all on the same page, if memory serves, I defended Salithus more than anyone in FARK at the time and felt he should not have been banned. But that really has nothing to do with how much of a jerk he was trying to be (and succeeding) during his last days in FARK leading up to the reformation of GOONS.

In other words, maybe you should read the thread before typing.

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1325095123' post='2888042']
[/quote]
You want to know the truth? salithus made us do it.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeriscryL1.jpg[/img]