Happy Boxing Day

Sardonic

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1325130992' post='2888323']
In other words, maybe you should read the thread before typing.
[/quote]

Man, you're totally right, I'd completely forgotten how to read. If only we could all be as good as you, with your 1-man AA and such. We should all really take a note from your book so we can better ourselves, oh wise one.

Why don't you go back, read the thread, then read history and learn a thing or two, and then (and only then) should you even think about opening your mouth again on these boards.

In other words, shut up and fight.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1325113664' post='2888240']
[b]tl;dr:[/b]
Nobody in FARK has cared about GOONS since they disappeared the first time. If anyone believes that FARK has been harboring some grudge for years, you have been mislead (either intentionally or unintentionally - I'll let you figure it out). To perpetuate this rumor would be both wrong ... and wrong, particularly when the war is going to occur regardless.
[/quote]

That's really not true especially since I invested some effort along with Sardonic in trying to resolve that.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1325142437' post='2888398']
That's really not true especially since I invested some effort along with Sardonic in trying to resolve that.
[/quote]

There's a difference between:

1. Being a distasteful alliance that you don't want to have anything to do with, and

2. Being a distasteful alliance that you don't want to have anything to do with [i]because of a five year old grudge[/i].

There are plenty of awful alliances full of awful people that FARK doesn't want to have anything to do with. It doesn't mean it's because they are harboring a grudge. I don't have any interaction with Ragnarok (or Valhalla, or ODN, or Invicta, or Umbrella or 100 other different alliances); it's not because of a war from five years ago.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1325142437' post='2888398']
[/quote]
Yeah I'm not sure why Krack is trying to hush this up as if it's some big secret, many members of Farkistan do not like GOONS. Don't know why he's blabbering on when the summation of GOONS/FARK Q&A's boiled down to "You're GOONS, we don't like you, sorry" straight up telling us they felt a lasting dislike because of the sins of the fatherland. But that's fine really, they're more than entitled to hold a mistrust and even hate of any GOONS institution, given what they suffered in the past. Even if it is, in my opinion, misplaced.

This is seriously the worst, but it makes me glad that we're part of this war. If only i had targets that would do something <_<
The notion that Fark isn't bitter about something is ludicrous; the notion of being bitter has long been a cybernations trademark, and the idea that Fark wouldn't have co-opted the function for themselves stands against the very concept of their being.

Edited by Vanilla Napalm

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1325145369' post='2888432']
Yeah I'm not sure why Krack is trying to hush this up as if it's some big secret, many members of Farkistan do not like GOONS. Don't know why he's blabbering on when the summation of GOONS/FARK Q&A's boiled down to "You're GOONS, we don't like you, sorry" straight up telling us they felt a lasting dislike because of the sins of the fatherland. But that's fine really, they're more than entitled to hold a mistrust and even hate of any GOONS institution, given what they suffered in the past. Even if it is, in my opinion, misplaced.
[/quote]

Of course many members of Farkistan do not like GOONS; you're an alliance of anti-social idiots. But that's got nothing to with a grudge from five years ago, as has been inaccurately suggested repeatedly in this thread. You can keep saying it over and over again (and I'm sure many of you actually believe it as you gravitate to pablum), but I am going to keep refuting it over and over again because it simply is not true.

Let me translate for you:

"You're GOONS, we don't like you, sorry" = "You behave like idiots [i]now[/i] and we don't want to be associated with you. And not only do we not want to be associated with you, we don't really want to be tied to any of your allies either. And it's got nothing to do with the fact that five years ago, 300 people who are no longer in your alliance attacked 100 people who are no longer in our alliance for several months. And it's got everything to do with your alliance's current membership and actions." Jeesh, even someone as dense as Crymson would have been able to figure that out without having it spelled out for him.* Hope that clears things up, though.

[size="1"]* Maybe. Probably not. I admit, this is borderline hyperbole. But at least someone else in his alliance would have eventually figured it out and explained it to him.[/size]

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1325152282' post='2888474']
Of course many members of Farkistan do not like GOONS; you're an alliance of anti-social idiots. But that's got nothing to with a grudge from five years ago, as has been inaccurately suggested repeatedly in this thread. You can keep saying it over and over again (and I'm sure many of you actually believe it as you gravitate to pablum), but I am going to keep refuting it over and over again because it simply is not true.

"You're GOONS, we don't like you, sorry" = "You behave like idiots [i]now[/i] and we don't want to be associated with you. And not only do we not want to be associated with you, we don't really want to be tied to any of your allies either. And it's got nothing to do with the fact that five years ago, 300 people who are no longer in your alliance attacked 100 people who are no longer in our alliance for several months. And it's got everything to do with your alliance's current membership and actions." Jeesh, even someone as dense as Crymson would have been able to figure that out without having it spelled out for him.* Hope that clears things up, though.

[size="1"]* Maybe. Probably not. I admit, this is borderline hyperbole. But at least someone else in his alliance would have eventually figured it out and explained it to him.[/size]
[/quote]
You know, i actually appreciate this translation. If you could keep it up, what does 'defense pact' mean in farkanese? I imagine a lot of people would be interested in understanding that similarly lateral approach to a term you people seem to enjoy.

Edited by Vanilla Napalm

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1325154517' post='2888481']
You know, i actually appreciate this translation. If you could keep it up, what does 'defense pact' mean in farkanese? I imagine a lot of people would be interested in understanding that lateral approach you people developed over there.
[/quote]

Optional? Or mandatory?

/This is fun :rolleyes:

[/quote]

You would fit into GOONS very well, since we are all anti social idiots. I'd take offense but it's coming from FARK, which is the whole pot and kettle joke. I don't like FARK because it gains reactions like this. If something so insignificant as not liking a collection of pretend people gains such a high return across many people at once then the ROR for my stance is amazingly high and I should offer it up as an IPO.

We treat this place like it's meant to be; entertainment. And the pay off has been simply awesome.

Thanks for all the fun FARK, you are a great target for emotional manipulation.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1325155227' post='2888485']
He's not in Fark
[/quote]

He speaks for them though, which I'm sure is resulting in confusion for some.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1325137353' post='2888372']
In other words, shut up and fight.
[/quote]

Sage words. GOONS feels it has an accurate grasp of [i]our[/i] relationship with Fark. Fark's foreign spokesman feels otherwise. We can keep going for the next umpteen pages (and I'm fairly certain we will) or we can all actually enjoy the nuclear glow.

Of course many members of Farkistan do not like GOONS; you're an alliance of anti-social idiots. But that's got nothing to with a grudge from five years ago,
[/quote]
Actually yes they specifically mentioned it in our discussions, now if you can please stop yammering this thread would be a lot more enjoyable.

[quote name='Princess Doomee' timestamp='1325473841' post='2890327']
[img]http://thelithiumrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Jackie-Chiles.jpg[/img]

FAN was supposed to be next. That's totally inappropriate. It's lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous! It's an infringement on your constitutional rights. It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous.
[/quote]
We're decided to work through historical precedent instead of an alphabetical schedule. Working in a rapture-style prophecy fulfillment may seem naively optimistic, but the hope is that eventually someone will get off their asses and try taking us out again. Schatt just hasn't kept the ball rolling :(