Happy Boxing Day

Sardonic

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1325028666' post='2887568']
Best I can tell, most any grudge involving Fark is mostly Fark-based. It's kind of their thing.
[/quote]

Huh? What are you talking about?

[img]http://fayinc.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/citation-needed-wikipedia-819731_500_271.jpg[/img]

[size="1"]Also, TPF sucks.[/size]

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1325015398' post='2887403']
You're dumb. Theblitz famously posted "Suck it GOONS" in their DoE or something and everyone knows how that turns out, even you.[/quote]

Something that I would have known had I bothered to look it up (I arrived on Planet Bob after Fark's DoE and at any rate didn't come around the OWF for a while after that), but that would have required an amount of effort I didn't care to make. :)

You're fighting three MHA nations, all of them offensive wars. One would think you wouldn't need a laxative and would be having fun, yet the evidence suggests otherwise.

Hang in there, buddy. Everything comes out in the end.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1325029492' post='2887590']
Something that I would have known had I bothered to look it up (I arrived on Planet Bob after Fark's DoE and at any rate didn't come around the OWF for a while after that), but that would have required an amount of effort I didn't care to make. :)

You're fighting three MHA nations, all of them offensive wars. One would think you wouldn't need a laxative and would be having fun, yet the evidence suggests otherwise.

[/quote]

ewww. That offends my classy sensibilities.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1325029106' post='2887576']
Huh? What are you talking about?

[img]http://fayinc.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/citation-needed-wikipedia-819731_500_271.jpg[/img]

[size="1"]Also, TPF sucks.[/size]
[/quote]

I'll admit that I loled. I kind of like you. After the war, you should sell me tech. It'll help you out of bill lock.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1325010883' post='2887357']
No, it's not just 1 sided.
[/quote]

Stop pretending that you have any idea how the GOONS-Fark relationship has been.

As a general response to similar comments I'll note that we tried making amends at one point. How much success it had I don't know and it doesn't even matter - We moved on and now feel it necessary to enter against them.

May we all enjoy the nuclear winter.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1325047259' post='2887774']
Stop pretending that you have any idea how the GOONS-Fark relationship has been.
[/quote]

Seriously, let's not forget what's at the heart of this war, the right to plaster the internet with cleverly captioned cats.

[quote name='PaladinePSoT' timestamp='1325048738' post='2887792']
Seriously, let's not forget what's at the heart of this war, the right to plaster the internet with cleverly captioned cats.
[/quote]

I thought it was for the right not to see them?

I was lied to.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1325029492' post='2887590']

[/quote]

even by your low standards this was some weak sauce. Take a few months off and see if you can get the magic back.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1325047259' post='2887774']

As a general response to similar comments I'll note that we tried making amends at one point. How much success it had I don't know and it doesn't even matter - We moved on and now feel it necessary to enter against them.

May we all enjoy the nuclear winter.
[/quote]

Yea because I missed the anti fark comments the entire year I was in goons, You're dense, you really are, you just confirm it more and more each messages you send and each time you type ;)

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1325061416' post='2887881']
Yea because I missed the anti fark comments the entire year I was in goons, You're dense, you really are, you just confirm it more and more each messages you send and each time you type ;)
[/quote]

You really are the worst thing to bother with this world. Fark sucks, it has nothin to do with Bob. Why you feel compelled to try and air 'dirty laundry' that isn't really dirty or laundry is beyond me. You are just an attention seeking child who needs a better babysitter than LoSS can provide.

Do everyone a favor and stop trying to be Schat with the constant QQ about GOONS because they don't want you in the ranks. He has that covered, you are just an echo with a worse signal to noise ratio.

Edited by mrwuss

Anyone have the odds of fark doing the exact same thing as this a year later?

[/quote]
Please, speak when you are spoken to.

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1325061957' post='2887883']
You really are the worst thing to bother with this world. Fark sucks, it has nothin to do with Bob. Why you feel compelled to try and air 'dirty laundry' that isn't really dirty or laundry is beyond me. You are just an attention seeking child who needs a better babysitter than LoSS can provide.

Do everyone a favor and stop trying to be Schat with the constant QQ about GOONS because they don't want you in the ranks. He has that covered, you are just an echo with a worse signal to noise ratio.
[/quote]

That's the best you can come up with, yadda yadda you're like schatt, you seem to mention it in every post. It's like you have an A4 sheet like some poorly spoken technical help person regurgitating the same line of garbage. Come up with some new material. RoQ was trying to paint a picture that the hatred is one sided only and that GOONS don't bother with it, when that just not the case, an idiot could see through that statement. It's like you forget that others were members and have seen it with their own eyes lol it's quite stupid, but I expect nothing more from a bunch of dwellers like yourself.

Also Vanilla napalm, I think I'll [i]type[/i] when I want to. Not when you tell me.

"Eat food and live" as Sir William would say or have I gotten that mixed up lol Goons tears are best tear.

Any suggestion that FARK continues to hold a longtime grudge against GOONS is laughable at best. First of all, there's like five to ten people in the entire FARK alliance whose nations existed back when the GOONS were holding FARK in perma-war (and as far as I can tell, they aren't even active). Second, the founders of the current GOONS were all in FARK for quite a while between the destruction of the old GOONS and the reformation. You'd have to be an idiot to think FARK was holding a grudge, yet welcoming their ranks into their own membership. Ask Lamuella if there was any "grudges" evident while he spent a few years in FARK.

Why even make up something this stupid? In the grand scheme of things, the reasoning for the declaration is meaningless issue anyway.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1325079682' post='2887935']
Ask Lamuella if there was any "grudges" evident while he spent a few years in FARK.
[/quote]

well, it was more like 9 months than a few years... but there were a few grudges. I seem to remember taking a lot of flak in my application thread, and there were several people who heavily opposed my being allowed to join. When I left to found new GOONS, there was a lot of pettiness about it (refusal to allow us an embassy, etc)

not that it really matters. This isn't a grudge war but rather a strategic one.

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1325080028' post='2887936']
well, it was more like 9 months than a few years... but there were a few grudges. I seem to remember taking a lot of flak in my application thread, and there were several people who heavily opposed my being allowed to join. [b]When I left to found new GOONS, there was a lot of pettiness about it (refusal to allow us an embassy, etc)[/b]
[/quote]

You don't think that had anything to do with your co-founder being thrown out of the alliance that same week for his continued and unapologetic use of slurs towards other members?

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1325084134' post='2887966']
you're right. I was confusing a petty grudge against GOONS for a petty grudge against GOONS. It won't happen again.
[/quote]

You know quite well that FARK never treated you poorly (or the new GOONS alliance upon its reformation); you should be ashamed of yourself for pretending it did.

Salithus spent his last two weeks in FARK doing everything he could to antagonize and offend every possible member of FARK - this included picking fights with each member of the government ... and then, when that didn't work sufficiently, he proceeded to use homophobic slurs towards members ... and then, when he was told that kind of thing would not be tolerated, (if I remember correctly) he followed it up with some more slurs and a profanity laced tirade. Why he behaved this way? I have no idea (and it's not because I didn't ask him at the time - he had no answer).

This resulted in an alliance-wide membership vote in which he was thrown out of FARK. As far as I know, this is the only time in FARK history the membership collectively voted to kick someone out - his was a performance for the ages. At this point a few of you left to form new GOONS. You and Salithus could have called your new alliance anything you wanted and you weren't going to get an embassy and it certainly had nothing to do with the fact that you (a) used to be in GOONS, or (b) were forming a new alliance called "GOONS". It had everything to do with your partner intentionally being a <insert pejorative here> for the previous two weeks to a month.

If Farkistan held a grudge with GOONS, you would have been at war the instant you changed your AA. You should be embarrassed to suggest 2 years later that you were somehow mistreated by FARK. Really, I'm disappointed in you. You have no reason to lie, yet you do it anyway. Shameful.

Edited by Krack

[/quote]

I'm not sure what's funnier here: The fact that you're so oblivious or the fact that you, Hiro Nakara of all people, are questioning anyone else's intelligence (despite being a walking, talking punchline).

Apparently you were too busy trying to be a cool kid (engaging in Neutral Shoving behavior) to realize that you would find a Goon that dislikes Fark, that dislikes NPO, that dislikes MK, etc. Does GOONS, as an entity, hold a grudge against Fark, against NPO, against MK, etc? No, you dunce. And who's dense here?

(It's you. ;))

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1325086029' post='2887975']
You know quite well that FARK never treated you poorly (or the new GOONS alliance upon its reformation); you should be ashamed of yourself for pretending it did.
[/quote]

wow, an actual psychic. I'm amazed and impressed by your ability to know my own mind better than I do.

[quote]
Salithus spent his last two weeks in FARK doing everything he could to antagonize and offend every possible member of FARK - this included picking fights with each member of the government ... and then, when that didn't work sufficiently, he proceeded to use homophobic slurs towards members ... and then, when he was told that kind of thing would not be tolerated, (if I remember correctly) he followed it up with some more slurs and a profanity laced tirade. Why he behaved this way? I have no idea (and it's not because I didn't ask him at the time - he had no answer).
[/quote]

Salithus hasn't been a member of GOONS for more than a year and a half, and he was one of about ten people who formed new GOONS. Your fixation on him is a little weird, and kind of acts against the idea that you guys weren't holding grudges.

[quote]
This resulted in an alliance-wide membership vote in which he was thrown out of FARK. As far as I know, this is the only time in FARK history the membership collectively voted to kick someone out - his was a performance for the ages. At this point a few of you left to form new GOONS.
[/quote]

That's some revisionist history right there. Plans had been in the works to relaunch GOONS for several months. Trying to represent it as disgruntled members of Fark is nonsense. To be honest, I was paying so little attention to Fark at this point that I actually don't remember there being a vote to kick Sal out.

[quote]
If Farkistan held a grudge with GOONS, you would have been at war the instant you changed your AA.
[/quote]

only if you were really massive idiots. We formed on April 20, 2009. The day before the Karma war. We were a protectorate of NpO. If you'd really started a side war with the New Polar Order the day before one of the largest wars in history, then that explains an awful lot.

[quote]
You should be embarrassed to suggest 2 years later that you were somehow mistreated by FARK.
[/quote]

I didn't say "mistreated", did I? You brought me up as an example of a goon who had a jolly old time in farkistan, and I was pointing out what my experience actually was.

[quote]
Really, I'm disappointed in you.
[/quote]

And for my part I honestly don't have the faintest idea who you are.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' timestamp='1325006219' post='2887318']
Nah, you're not like 'old GOONS' at all. And you certainly wouldn't hold any of their old grudges, now would you?
[/quote]
No grudges necessary. Fark had been aiding NPL from early to mid December during their war with GOONs. Multiple nations sending and receiving aid; not an isolated incident. You don't have to have a grudge to consider that an act of war. Supporting people you're at war with is pretty much the most simple and pure CB there is. We had reason to join even if our allies didn't specifically ask us to.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL7.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1325086029' post='2887975']
You know quite well that FARK never treated you poorly (or the new GOONS alliance upon its reformation); you should be ashamed of yourself for pretending it did.[/quote]
Irrelevant due to above.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL3.jpg[/img]

Edited by Beefspari