Official announcement from the Legion

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1319921807' post='2834658']
Actually it was[url="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvhBDJVbPEMSdDJIY1E0U1lwZ2s5NVlXU1pjQ0JBc0E&hl=en_US#gid=0"] 236 against 224, with the coalition outnumbering Legion.[/url]

Keep on spinning, it amuses the rest of us a lot.
[/quote]These weren't even the numbers from the high-water mark, on the day when all of the participants got into the war. On that day, by my count, the numbers read like this:
Tetris - 38
NSO - 128
NsO - 35
IAA - 51
BTA - 19

That makes 279 nations vs. Legion at that point, so the actual initial disparity between our side and theirs was even greater than has been suggested. Shame they couldn't capitalize on that numerical advantage...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1319935923' post='2834776']
[color="#0000FF"]There is indeed a large "useless element," as you call it. About 50 of Legion's nations (many of them quite large) have not fought at all in this war.[/color]
[/quote]

So Krunk was wrong when he claimed 130 vs 200 currently then? It is instead 130 vs 150 which is fairly even and refutes basically all arguments you guys are attempting to claim. Now, the true numbers are actually 137 vs 169 which is only a 32 nation difference.

Edited by Dochartaigh

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1319935923' post='2834776']
[color="#0000FF"]There is indeed a large "useless element," as you call it. About 50 of Legion's nations (many of them quite large) have not fought at all in this war.[/color]
[/quote]
Lack of targets, I'm thinking. I have [b]yet[/b] to fight a defensive war in all this. Nobody on your side is close to me anymore after Round 1.

[quote name='Pearl' timestamp='1319936853' post='2834785']
I love the contrast of this statement with your sig. :P
[/quote]

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1319938201' post='2834793']
lol, I had the same thought. Oh well, a war of this caliber requires propaganda to match it.

*goes back to [s]drawing[/s] [s]coloring[/s] scribbling a "no u" sig. XD*
[/quote]

Its kind of a joke taken from one of Xiphosis' posts that I enjoyed. Its a quote of him paraphrasing our attitude towards them prewar.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1319940535' post='2834808']
I can only imagine how that excuse would have gone down had Legion tried it. "Oh, sure, we had more nations than you but most of them didn't turn up so really we had less nations than you so it is not surprising we lost..."
[/quote]

I can almost see countless NSO members calling Legion WAE and more two or three threads mocking them.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1319922771' post='2834676']
NSO image is as it always is. They will go to war when and with whom they please and they certainly have no problem jumping in alone agaist a much larger alliance like Legion. NSO does have pride and it is what has kept them from calling in allies from the start and having you crushed.

I think it is important to keep in perspective what you have done here. You did finally stand up for yourselves. You did manage to hold off a micro alliance and two other alliances who did not do much beyond declare war and then launch about as many attacks as the micro did. So pretty much it has been you VS NSO a much much smaller alliance and thus far you have pretty much managed a draw. Now for any other alliance Legions size that would be an embarrassment, for Legion it is thing of pride. And thats fine. However all this smack talk not only makes you look foolish but it also makes others who were content to not intervene begin to push NSO to let them.
[/quote]
Oh please. They're proud because they're about to win a war they declared. It's hardly Legion's fault that the majority of their coalition was incompetent.

I find it hilarious that one of the most even wars on Planet Bob happens and a man who used to be part of Q's command is wailing that things were unfair.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1319945687' post='2834863']
I can almost see countless NSO members calling Legion WAE and more two or three threads mocking them.
[/quote]

Just sayin, that makes no sense compared to your quoted text. You seem to be answering someone elses comment there.

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1319948615' post='2834878']
Just sayin, that makes no sense compared to your quoted text. You seem to be answering someone elses comment there.
[/quote]

Tyga was wondering what would be the reaction of Legion's detractors if they were the ones using the same poor excuse that your alliance is using right now and I said that I could almost see how Legion's detractors could react.

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1319936563' post='2834783']
I nailed a guy who was sitting at Defcon 5, war-mode, minimal soldiers, minimal improvements, and with Democracy as the government.

3 cycles into the war.

Yeah... Needless to say, he helped replenish my warchest.
[/quote]

Everybody is very impressed. Haha legion suxors.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1319916278' post='2834598']
Wow, this thread sure did go downhill since the like, second page or whenever I posted last.

NsO had spent itself, IAA didn't really want to fight, and BTA was in to support their allies in the first two. It makes sense for the three to have peaced out and none of us harbor any resentment against them for being rational and doing what was best. Neither NSO nor Tetris have spent themselves yet, and we have not been able to reach a peace agreement we can agree to yet, and so we'll keep fighting and do our best to win. And I'm sure Legion will do it's best as well. It's kind of funny, they've actually fought better against me than have quite a few other alliances with much better war reputations... or maybe I'm just a high priority target.

But anyway, eventually, the war will end, and I can't see either side paying any kind of monetary reps whatsoever, regardless of who wins. Which is the way it should be. Of course I'm going to say we will win, and of course they're going to say they will win, and there's not much point in going back and forth about it. There really isn't anything left worth saying ITT.
[/quote]

When did you become a normal rational person? Getting beat down works wonders, I suppose. :P

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1319948231' post='2834877']
Oh please. They're proud because they're about to win a war they declared. It's hardly Legion's fault that the majority of their coalition was incompetent.
[/quote]
No, they're not about to win. There are three ways that this can go from here:

1) Legion, or the people backing Legion, can see sense and agree to the more than reasonable offer we've repeatedly made to them and end the war now.
2) Legion can continue to act obstinate and we can continue to be indulgent of said obstinance and allow the war to continue as an even fight, needlessly losing more damage in the process.
3) Legion can continue to act obstinate and we can decide that enough is enough and bring about an end to the war through other means.

Legion still has the opportunity today to walk away from this having earned some respect from a lot of people, including people in Tetris and the NSO, without needlessly causing themselves more damage. But not to "win."

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1319908553' post='2834520']
[color="#0000FF"]Yes, very good. You have discovered that he "supplied" information that had already been circulating [b]for many months[/b]. [/color]
[/quote]
Shall we check the 'facts' again, before they are accepted by all as 'facts'

This is one of the spied posts which Hereno placed on this site on September 24th 8.38pm (according to the timestamp in my time zone):
[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1316918283' post='2807879']
[IMG]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3573/2euscib.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]
It was posted by Kivan on The Legion's website as the post shows on 20th September 4.36pm, which is four days, four hour and four minutes earlier. So how had this been circulating "for many months"? The 'facts' simply do not support your lies. There is no evidence to back up your claim that they had been 'circulating' anywhere except on our private forums.

Anyway, quite frankly because you are so wrapped up in your lies RV, what you have to say on the matter is of little relevance to The Legion, or pretty much anyone else outside your close circle of friends.

In any event, this has all been discussed to the nth degree for the last few weeks - our CB for war was that Tetris knowingly posted spied information from The Legions private forums which was an attack on our sovereignty. That you decided to join in the war, and Varianz has admitted to his part in the matter is making us happy because we can (and have) attacked you for your misdeeds.

We are reasonable people and we feel that our point has been made eloquently now. We don't want anything else from you by way of Reps, Apologies or anything else - and will happily stop at the time when you ask us to. The ball is now firmly in the NSO/Tetris court.

Edited by RegentPancras

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1319955241' post='2834910']

1) Legion, or the people backing Legion, can see sense and agree to the more than reasonable offer we've repeatedly made to them and end the war now.
2) Legion can continue to act obstinate and we can continue to be indulgent of said obstinance and allow the war to continue as an even fight, needlessly losing more damage in the process.
3) Legion can continue to act obstinate and we can decide that enough is enough and bring about an end to the war through other means.

Legion still has the opportunity today to walk away from this having earned some respect from a lot of people, including people in Tetris and the NSO, without needlessly causing themselves more damage. But not to "win."
[/quote]

So, the options are:

1. Legion walks away with white peace so NSO can later claim they won the war.
2. The war can go on as-is with NSO trying to drum up support for their claims to martyrdom.
3. NSO will call in their allies to help them to try to win the war throwing their oft-mentioned claim that they could take Legion on their own out the window.

The way I see it, the only way you will come out of this with any semblance of your dignity is if Legion goes for option 1 (which is why you and your allies are so keen for Legion to relent and accept this outcome). Option 2 will see you ground down gradually and option 3 will be your most humiliating option as it shows your claims of being able to take down the "paper tiger" on your own were false and horribly so.

After all the carry-on from NSO and Tetris recently I don't blame Legion for trying to extract a surrender from you. If yuo talk up a big game and lose then you should swallow your pride and admit you lost and move on, as humiliating as it would be for you.

[/quote]

I don't know if you understand how war works, but who is winning is who impose the terms and who seek for peace should accept whatever is offered or keep fighting. I know you and your fellow comrades live in dreamy world where Legion isn't winning the war and only when you finally face the reality you will understand this.

[quote name='DanDesade' timestamp='1319962174' post='2834939']
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h457/dandesade/defeatdepression.png[/img]
[/quote]
This is perfectly fitting.

[/quote]

1) Not going to happend :lol1:
2) Please keep being 'indulgent', it is working so well for you and we dont mind ;)
3) You mean prove to the world that you could 'not even handle' The Legion.

Now seriously!
You have put up a good fight, but you are losing! There is no dishonour in defeat only in the way you conduct youself in the after math. So take the surrender offer, so we all can tip our hats in common respect and move on.