Individual Surrender Terms

[quote name='ComradeR' timestamp='1319404927' post='2831078']
Haha, how embarrassing it would be to surrender, even more that you would have to pay to surrender. :lol1:
[/quote]
It's pretty much been the story for most of the wars which have to date occurred. The only difference here is scale, it's been brought down to individual nations as opposed to alliances as a whole "paying to surrender."

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1319416988' post='2831239']
Who said disband? These terms keep the membership from getting pummeled and put them under NG protection. The gov remains and takes it on the chin until NG get bored and agree to end it.
[/quote]

They'll continue getting pummeled together until they literally have nothing left. They'll take their pummeling and beating, they know its been coming for [i]months[/i] that they would have to pay for Arrnea's continuous ignorance, slander and lies at some point. You would think the sheer satisfaction of just rolling the crap out of SOS would be enough payment. -_-

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1319416988' post='2831239']
Who said disband? These terms keep the membership from getting pummeled and put them under NG protection. The gov remains and takes it on the chin until NG get bored and agree to end it.
[/quote]
So is this the strategy you're going to encourage your alliance to take the next time you find yourself losing a war?

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1319418463' post='2831258']
So is this the strategy you're going to encourage your alliance to take the next time you find yourself losing a war?
[/quote]

If we were alone, and it was a beating I could save my membership from by doing so, and it was a beating I brought apon my membership, then yes. It's a very specific scenario though.

They aren't losing, they're impotent. They can't even make NG pay for the damage they do in trade. They can't do enough to make NG notice.

Are you saying you would hold your membership to the flames out of pride? Your pride is more important than the alliance?

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1319420653' post='2831278']
If we were alone, and it was a beating I could save my membership from by doing so, and it was a beating I brought apon my membership, then yes. It's a very specific scenario though.

They aren't losing, they're impotent. They can't even make NG pay for the damage they do in trade. They can't do enough to make NG notice.

Are you saying you would hold your membership to the flames out of pride? Your pride is more important than the alliance?
[/quote]
Most of my members have more pride than I do.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1319416244' post='2831230']
Yep. If i were SOS gov I'd order everyone to drop to these terms unless they're already at the table and looking at better terms. There's no dishonour in knowing when a fight is lost. Getting your membership run over because you can't see that, or even worse out of pride is just another way leadership can be a failure.
[/quote]
Except you're not SOS gov and Arrnea isn't even close to likely to let every body go and have himself take the damage.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1319411954' post='2831168']
[b]Decom all[/b] military improvements (except those required for the Strategic Defense Initiative), [b]soldiers to at least 25% of population[/b], and all tanks, planes, nukes, and naval ships.

It's an awkward wording but it makes sense to me.
[/quote]
Makes sense to me. Basically means you don't have to decom soldiers. Decom to 35%. That's "at least 25%".

[quote name='lordliam' timestamp='1319422960' post='2831303']
Except you're not SOS gov and Arrnea isn't even close to likely to let every body go and have himself take the damage.
[/quote]
If that's all NG wants (Arrnea), then he should just turn himself over tbh. Let SOS go for him to come out of PM and be ZI'd or whatever.

Edit: He's out of PM, so I guess this post is even more irrelevant. :(

Edit 2: Hahaha, NG blew the stagger on him! XD

Edited by Gibsonator21

[quote name='lordliam' timestamp='1319422960' post='2831303']
[/quote]
How do you propose he keep people in the alliance?

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1319423211' post='2831308']
Hahaha, NG blew the stagger on him! XD
[/quote]
Oh wow. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/8GJJ0.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1319423211' post='2831308']
If that's all NG wants (Arrnea), then he should just turn himself over tbh. Let SOS go for him to come out of PM and be ZI'd or whatever.

Edit: He's out of PM, so I guess this post is even more irrelevant. :(

Edit 2: Hahaha, NG blew the stagger on him! XD
[/quote]

Watch them make some new demand if he goes back into peace mode.

Edited by James Dahl

The only reason these terms are being used is because this is a curbstomp. Terms like this wouldn't ever be used in a major war.

It's stupid as hell, but NG will get away with it.

Back in the day if you forced your tech raid target to pay up to get out of the war, you'd look like scum (unless of course he fought back). Same thing imo.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1319429697' post='2831388']
The only reason these terms are being used is because this is a curbstomp. Terms like this wouldn't ever be used in a major war.

It's stupid as hell, but NG will get away with it.

Back in the day if you forced your tech raid target to pay up to get out of the war, you'd look like scum (unless of course he fought back). Same thing imo.
[/quote]

You should read up on NG and GOONS' new raid policies :v

[quote name='dejarue' timestamp='1319423094' post='2831304']
Makes sense to me. Basically means you don't have to decom soldiers. Decom to 35%. That's "at least 25%".
[/quote]
Makes sense to me; hitting turtles gets old, and with a minimum soldier stipulation NG can at least get some swag :awesome:
Forever progressive!

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1319425953' post='2831343']
How do you propose he keep people in the alliance?

Oh wow. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/8GJJ0.gif[/IMG]
[/quote]
And you wouldn't believe the tongue lashing he got. NG loves to fight way too much! Good thing it's faster to declare on a nation vs. that nation hitting peace mode.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1319429831' post='2831392']
You should read up on NG and GOONS' new raid policies :v
[/quote]
You don't have to tell me GOONS policies, because i totally already know.
...but for the sake of MegaAros (incidentally, ascend ascend etc), i'd say you should explain them. He probably doesn't know what the !@#$ you're talking about. <_<

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1319430372' post='2831397']
And you wouldn't believe the tongue lashing he got. NG loves to fight way too much! Good thing it's faster to declare on a nation vs. that nation hitting peace mode.
[/quote]
Actually, looking at his war screen myself, I'm not seeing a blown stagger. I'm seeing Arrnea declaring on two people on the 21st, followed by 3 NG nations declaring on him on the 22nd, which means unless all the people on either one of those days peaces out, no stagger is blown. Gibsy, why do you lead me astray? :((