Individual Surrender Terms

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1319431127' post='2831406']
Actually, looking at his war screen myself, I'm not seeing a blown stagger. I'm seeing Arrnea declaring on two people on the 21st, followed by 3 NG nations declaring on him on the 22nd, which means unless all the people on either one of those days peaces out, no stagger is blown. Gibsy, why do you lead me astray? :((
[/quote]
He hit two dudes on the 21st, and got hit by three on the 22nd. His offensive wars all expire a day before his defensive, and all his defensive expire the same day. Thus, blown stagger.

Edit: If he had the offensive wars a day after he got hit instead, he wouldn't need the stagger.

Edited by Gibsonator21

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1319430544' post='2831401']
You don't have to tell me GOONS policies, because i totally already know.
...but for the sake of MegaAros (incidentally, ascend ascend etc), i'd say you should explain them. He probably doesn't know what the !@#$ you're talking about. <_<
[/quote]
I actually don't but that's why I am going to go look it up :v:

Edit: unless you're being tongue-in-cheek and there isn't anything to look up.

Edited by Earogema

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1319431657' post='2831411']
I actually don't but that's why I am going to go look it up :v:

Edit: unless you're being tongue-in-cheek and there isn't anything to look up.
[/quote]
Well, we did institute a Company-level confirmation on targets about a year ago. That's kinda new.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1319423211' post='2831308']
Edit 2: Hahaha, NG blew the stagger on him! XD
[/quote]

*laughs at the underlying causes*

Edited by Instr

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1319431542' post='2831410']
He hit two dudes on the 21st, and got hit by three on the 22nd. His offensive wars all expire a day before his defensive, and all his defensive expire the same day. Thus, blown stagger.

Edit: If he had the offensive wars a day after he got hit instead, he wouldn't need the stagger.
[/quote]
Well now don't I feel dumb.

I guess I'm just used to not needing to know that because I can salvage staggers singlehandedly. :smug:

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1319431127' post='2831406']
Actually, looking at his war screen myself, I'm not seeing a blown stagger. I'm seeing Arrnea declaring on two people on the 21st, followed by 3 NG nations declaring on him on the 22nd, which means unless all the people on either one of those days peaces out, no stagger is blown. Gibsy, why do you lead me astray? :((
[/quote]

Uhm, that is a blown stagger dude.

All his def. wars will expire on the same day

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1319432727' post='2831420']
Well, we did institute a Company-level confirmation on targets about a year ago. That's kinda new.
[/quote]

We also don't allow our members to offer peace to raid targets in exchange for money or tech. In fact, it's so ingrained that a lot of people thought it was against game rules, not merely against our policies.

[quote name='lordliam' timestamp='1319422960' post='2831303']
Except you're not SOS gov and Arrnea isn't even close to likely to let every body go and have himself take the damage.
[/quote]

Isn't it Myrrh the one who has to decide what to do?

And if one neglects the unfair character of the war in general, the terms are accept- and affordable. 3mill/50 tech is cheap if one considers that in at most 3 days of war, NG will wrack damage more severe than paying this fee to surrender.

But I'm curious what the final surrender terms of the alliance as a whole will look like.

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1319447355' post='2831497']
Isn't it Myrrh the one who has to decide what to do?

And if one neglects the unfair character of the war in general, the terms are accept- and affordable. 3mill/50 tech is cheap if one considers that in at most 3 days of war, NG will wrack damage more severe than paying this fee to surrender.

But I'm curious what the final surrender terms of the alliance as a whole will look like.
[/quote]
Off topic your Avy is awesome...

on topic, these Reps are great since they fulfill the 2 major per-requisites of Reps,
#1 They make ppl cry.
#2 They are affordable enough for everyone who wants out to leave.

Good show NPL

People should stop viewing the terms as reps, and start viewing them as a penalty for deserting your alliance.

Also, I really love the precedent that this sets for smaller skirmishes, especially when the target is so deserving of what they are getting. This is exactly why I love NG... minus Nettles of course.

Edited by Rush Sykes

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1319405152' post='2831085']
Yes, initiating an aggressive conflict and then demanding that the defenders then pay you reparations for the war fits the exact definition of extortion.
[/quote]
I see someone can't take a joke made by a member of the alliance giving the reps in the first place.

:v:

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1319464279' post='2831559']
People should stop viewing the terms as reps, and start viewing them as a penalty for deserting your alliance.

Also, I really love the precedent that this sets for smaller skirmishes, especially when the target is so deserving of what they are getting. This is exactly why I love NG... minus Nettles of course.
[/quote]
The only flaw here is that a deserter is generally held to be damaging his or her own alliance. I don't believe NG gives a rats-ass about the damage that SoS deserters are inflicting on their own AA... I could be wrong, we'll see if NG forwards those reps to SoS. :lol1:

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' timestamp='1319472858' post='2831601']
The only flaw here is that a deserter is generally held to be damaging his or her own alliance. I don't believe NG gives a rats-ass about the damage that SoS deserters are inflicting on their own AA... I could be wrong, we'll see if NG forwards those reps to SoS. :lol1:
[/quote]

Consider it a little healthy community service on the part of NG.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1319473156' post='2831606']
Fro the everyone else, is that 3 million and 50 tech or is it 3 million or 50 tech?
[/quote]

I reckon the latter. But for definite answer, you'll have to wait for Xander.

And yeah, we hope this sets a precedent for next wars and hope others will also ask reps from war deserters. It's just something I think everyone could agree on (unless you are RIA).

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1319474546' post='2831612']
I reckon the latter. But for definite answer, you'll have to wait for Xander.

And yeah, we hope this sets a precedent for next wars and hope others will also ask reps from war deserters. It's just something I think everyone could agree on (unless you are RIA).
[/quote]
While a good idea, it could probably cause some problems. What happens when someone deserts and goes to...NPO. NPO accepts them and says he doesnt have to pay?

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1319477063' post='2831621']
While a good idea, it could probably cause some problems. What happens when someone deserts and goes to...NPO. NPO accepts them and says he doesnt have to pay?
[/quote]
It's going to be even funnier when the deserter discovers that he paid the wrong AA to get out. :awesome: